3 Essential Oils for Dogs

In this video Dr Jones answers the question..Are Essential Oils Safe for Your Dog? Dr Jones shows you the top 3 essential oils to use for your dog, how to use them, and what NOT to do to avoid problems with the oils.

Share this video and subscribe (it’s free!) for more videos every Wednesday! http://goo.gl/P8nNvh

Thank you for making me the #1 Natural Pet Health Network on
YouTube

Follow Veterinary Secrets:
Blog: http://www.veterinarysecrets.com/blog
Podcast: http://vetsecrets.podbean.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/onlinevet
Instagram! http://instagram.com/veterinarysecrets
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/dogandcatdoc
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/veterinarysecrets

1. Reshiverden S on May 25, 2021 at 3:32 am

Can we use coconut as We are near to tropical zone

2. girl38rock on May 25, 2021 at 3:32 am

Lol ur dog is your pillow

3. susanloveshuskies on May 25, 2021 at 3:32 am

Don’t use tea tree oil on dogs please!

4. Bijay Rai on May 25, 2021 at 3:33 am

Dr. Jones is salmon or coconut oil better for dogs?

5. edens reborn box on May 25, 2021 at 3:33 am

Are you saying Cedarwood or sea Wood oil

6. Donna Riggs on May 25, 2021 at 3:38 am

CHEERS THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!

7. malachite moondance on May 25, 2021 at 3:39 am

Lewis your hilarious.

8. rosemaryalderson Alderson on May 25, 2021 at 3:43 am

Dr Andrews,what do you recommend for Fleas on my 3dogs,,

9. Linda Greenfield on May 25, 2021 at 3:44 am

Just came across your videos I am 71 and have had Ch. Vizslas for 51yrs. Ch. Smooth Fox Terriers for 22yrs. Now that I have a movement disorder with the DBS brain system. Money is very limited but my Ch. male Vizslas colts 8 1/2 Logan is 3. The Smiths are 12 and 15. I keep them in show condition which is a must for me. Would like to share what I and the dogs have taken for more than 20yrs and would not be without SPIRULINA. The dogs get it with both am and pm meals. Thank you for sharing your loving knowledge.

10. Kipcia Gonzalez on May 25, 2021 at 3:49 am

Hello I I just got a dog and I found your videos… for flea repellent if I only have cedarwood is that okay? Or do I need both cedarwood and catnip?

11. Linda S. Martin on May 25, 2021 at 3:49 am

What might I apply to a leg wound which is a result of long term anxiety licking and chewing on his legs. he is a rescue dog and this started a couple of years ago I am told. Thank you.

12. Dan Haas on May 25, 2021 at 3:50 am

I just ordered some Catnip oil for my Dog. She has been having some anxiety issues and peeing in my Girlfriends place lately. Please let me know what you think.

13. Fred Davis on May 25, 2021 at 3:51 am

Mix any oil well before each use. Tap bottom of amber glass bottle against the palm of your hand, roughly 20-30 times. On cats there’s an indentation below collar area. I applied Tea Tree oil to cat with Serious Upper Respiratory Infection. Would’ve been Dead in less than 24 hrs. A veterinarian told me this method. I applied, and wrapped for 1.5 hr took off because odor was hard on her. Let her rest then reapply for another hr. The next day she was completely cured. No more running eyes, or cloudiness.

14. michelle81477 on May 25, 2021 at 3:52 am

❤️

15. iva chrapanova on May 25, 2021 at 3:54 am

Thank you.

16. Margaret Larriva on May 25, 2021 at 3:57 am

Thanks doc for all your info that you share with us all!! God bless you!

17. Deysi Perez Mir on May 25, 2021 at 3:58 am

If you use the lavender I would only put a little on one part of the skin if you add it to your pet since some dogs are allergic to the lavender oil. I found out mine is allergic when I got him a lavender doggy shampoo and gave him a bath.

18. Linda S. Martin on May 25, 2021 at 4:00 am

People,malease listen to the doctor as he speaks to DILUTING whatever oil he suggests. Would you give your baby something without checking it out? Remember that your dog cannot talk and the damage you do is simply, YOUR FAULT if you refuse to listen to this vet, and try to take shortcuts or use other oils without being sure what to youse and in what amounts, where, and how often. When, where, why, how, who. Your pets will thank you.

19. Alexandra Kennedy on May 25, 2021 at 4:00 am

There are many companies/ brands that make essential oils how do I know whom to purchase from ? Who do you purchase your oils from ? I’m new to essential oils that’s why I ask.

20. Crystal Sanders on May 25, 2021 at 4:01 am

Doctor they say tea tree oil is not good for dogs, is that true?

21. Stephen Bayer on May 25, 2021 at 4:01 am

Hi so I had got this new ear cleaner for my dog it seems to be doing a pretty good job it contains Tea tree oil as one of the ingredients the cleaner is called (Eco Ears) it advises it can kill yeast infection in dogs ears as well as other types of ear infections. My dog has had problems with black stuff in his ears. I did my own food trial for him for 3 months i cleaned once a month with a basic ear cleaner from the vet which I swear is just soap and water it smells to good for me to think it has any benefits but never the less I would use that once a month for that time my dog was on his food trial his ears seemed fine for most of the 3 month food trial it wasn’t until the end of the food trial las few day of February that i noticed the black debris was back. The food is a grain free fish based kibble ocean blend made by a brand called (Nutrience) the only treats he had was these things called Veggie Bites dog treats they have no animal protein and contain similar ingredients as his kibble like coconut oil pumpkin and carrots. He would also get ice cubes as a treat. Could he just be prone to build up in the ears faster and once a month just isn’t enough to clean the ears also i should add it seems to be mostly his left ear that i have to give my attention to i did a cleaning with the Eco Ears on March 4th there wasn’t much of anything in right ear and i don’t clean that ear until the 8th still not much but i cleaned his left ear 4th and 5th got a good amount of stuff out took a day break then cleaned the left ear on the 7th and 8th i should mention I did 2 treatments those days just to left ear i finally got less by the second cleaning on the 8th hardly anything at all second cleaning that day. I should mention it recommends 2 cleanings a day for 7 to 10 if infected once a week just as basic maintenance. Being as i only really did 4 days in total for the one ear and already seeing improvement could he just have a build up on old wax causing his head shaking and just needs a more routine cleaning more than one time a month? Could he just be prone to excessive wax build up is that a thing?

22. Rohan Rajan on May 25, 2021 at 4:01 am

Hello please suggest if rose geranium oil is good for ticks..people suggesting it using with mixing with distilled water

23. BIG DOG BITE on May 25, 2021 at 4:01 am

Can I use oil of oregano in my dog’s ear

24. Loretta Espinoza on May 25, 2021 at 4:01 am

Tea tree oil is toxic to dog!!! Why are you tell people to use this on our pets?!?!?!!

25. Robert Olson on May 25, 2021 at 4:03 am

Honest answer. No. Never. Be kind to animals.

26. Eve Evans on May 25, 2021 at 4:04 am

Hello doctor. I want to make some home made soap for our dog and I want to put tea tree oil in the bar. I’ve used this oil before when he was missing hair behind his head and now he’s good. Because t can I bath him with tea tree all the time

27. mismillielili on May 25, 2021 at 4:05 am

Hello, thank you for this video. Would 1%dilution be still ok to use on a very small dog? Also would 1% solution be ok to use on guinea pigs? Thank you

28. Karen Bellah on May 25, 2021 at 4:11 am

No tea tree oil! Very toxic to dogs!

29. choobplaya on May 25, 2021 at 4:13 am

you really need some new pants man

30. Irene on May 25, 2021 at 4:18 am

I put tea tree oil on my dogs for flies, it worked good. It kept the flies away. It’s the only thing so far that worked. One of my dogs is fine but the other dog’s left lower lip dropped and is swollen. What can I do for him?

31. Nilturien2016 Greenleaf on May 25, 2021 at 4:19 am

I love Doterra 🙂

32. Lucky on May 25, 2021 at 4:20 am

I have heard that emu oil will help my poms hair grow back due to damaged hair follicles from grooming? Is this true?

33. Dinni Hazard on May 25, 2021 at 4:21 am

Jeans are ripped doc.

34. Syrita Barbera on May 25, 2021 at 4:21 am

Love to see that you are using doterra! Trusted pure, I have been using doterra for 5+ years on myself, family and pets. Thank you for the videos!

35. Tamara Rutland-Mills on May 25, 2021 at 4:22 am

Do you think black seed might help shirink a fatty tumor in my dog? Little Fox is 22 lbs. Is it safe to give her as a regular supplement?

36. Teo on May 25, 2021 at 4:22 am

Lavender for cats ? Thought that was bad ?

37. Wildflower on May 25, 2021 at 4:22 am

Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us…for free! Ignore the small minds that miss the entire value of your post! My God, I would so much rather spend my time with "real everyday geniuses" like yourself, who are more interested in helping life, than what "outfit is chosen"!  You are perfect as you are! Real people don’t have to dress to impress!

38. Ankit Sarvaiya on May 25, 2021 at 4:23 am

Is this also recommended for small pups? My pup is going to be about 3 months and we only shower him once every 2 weeks (as advised by vet), would you recommend us using a very very mild form of the mix that you advise?

39. dave082360 on May 25, 2021 at 4:24 am

Doc I appreciate your free information. But I recommend you take this video down or redo it. You had to have known your drawers were ripped when you stepped into them that day. Pretty hard to take you professionally when your exposed crotch & Hanes are being revealed.

40. Maylin Jimenez on May 25, 2021 at 4:25 am

Hi! Is blue tansy safe for dogs??

41. Susan Taylor on May 25, 2021 at 4:26 am

That’s what I use doterra my dog itches all the time I need to know which one is best for scratching on her lower back and loosing her hair

42. Ed Sexton on May 25, 2021 at 4:27 am

I feed black seed oil to my dog, and it helps her cough as well as shrinks down her tumors. I buy this on Amazon USA, its USDA organic: https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Certified-Premium-Undiluted-Solvents/dp/B076DLJ7TC?keywords=black&m=AAO090EOX9ZW2&qid=1540412760&sr=1-2&ref=sr_1_2

43. Susan Spencer on May 25, 2021 at 4:27 am

Im allergic to Lavendar, but I suppose it would be ok for pets. We only have a Kitty.
    *What Brand names are you using* ?
    *Wheat Grass* ~ What do you think about it?
    I often wonder if our Kitty miss’s her Mom & Dad & her Sisters & Brothers, *we rescued her from the Mennonites Rat filled Barn* she was on a De -wormer, she’s Parasite FREE now.
    If Cats can’t have certain essential oils then why is it safe in that thing you plug in? I don’t get it.
    When we sleep in Kitty attacks my our feet, but lightly but shes getting better now that I get my tired self out of Bed to feed her, she only does it when shes hungry.. I understand her alot more now. I have to put her in my shoes. My Husband makes threats he will take her from me if I ever decide to leave him, first off I would leave while he was sleeping he wouldnt know until he woke up.
    But … really where would I go so I just say to myself calm down. I hug & hold my Kitty a lot. Life isn’t easy sometimes…
    To me she’s my Baby not his, & never will be. Thats why I wish I would of showed up for my Americas Got Talent on Nov 19th, but I got stage freight, maybe you & I could sing a Song together. Im fed up with Country Music, if your interested please let me know. We’d have to practice together. I told them next time they show up in Lousville KY I will be there. But… I need someone with me to go there, my Husband is unsupportive… he says no no no until the last week!!! Leaving no time to work on a song, & no time to find a ride to & from there. Sorry I am bothering you. Just a simple yes or no is fine. Either way no hard feelings.
    Plus Im Type 2 Diabetic send me an email with a way to reverse it a Menue plan if you will would be nice.
    songwritersingerdebbie@yahoo.

44. Judy R on May 25, 2021 at 4:28 am

look at your jean!

45. Roxanna Ghita on May 25, 2021 at 4:28 am

Yes you should and you can!! The medication and toxic flee repellent that the vets give will slowly kill the dog!! Use your brain people! If it’s toxic don’t use it!! :::))