4 lifestyle changes to help manage hypertension | Health & Medicine | Khan Academy

Remember that a good diet, exercise, losing weight, and quitting smoking can lower blood pressure! Rishi is a pediatric infectious disease physician and works at Khan Academy. Created by Rishi Desai.

Watch the next lesson: https://www.khanacademy.org/science/health-and-medicine/circulatory-system-diseases/heart-failure/v/what-is-heart-failure?utm_source=YT&utm_medium=Desc&utm_campaign=healthandmedicine

Missed the previous lesson? https://www.khanacademy.org/science/health-and-medicine/circulatory-system-diseases/hypertension/v/hypertension-effects-on-the-heart?utm_source=YT&utm_medium=Desc&utm_campaign=healthandmedicine

Health & Medicine on Khan Academy: No organ quite symbolizes love like the heart. One reason may be that your heart helps you live, by moving ~5 liters (1.3 gallons) of blood through almost 100,000 kilometers (62,000 miles) of blood vessels every single minute! It has to do this all day, everyday, without ever taking a vacation! Now that is true love. Learn about how the heart works, how blood flows through the heart, where the blood goes after it leaves the heart, and what your heart is doing when it makes the sound “Lub Dub.”

About Khan Academy: Khan Academy is a nonprofit with a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We believe learners of all ages should have unlimited access to free educational content they can master at their own pace. We use intelligent software, deep data analytics and intuitive user interfaces to help students and teachers around the world. Our resources cover preschool through early college education, including math, biology, chemistry, physics, economics, finance, history, grammar and more. We offer free personalized SAT test prep in partnership with the test developer, the College Board. Khan Academy has been translated into dozens of languages, and 100 million people use our platform worldwide every year. For more information, visit www.khanacademy.org, join us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter at @khanacademy. And remember, you can learn anything.

For free. For everyone. Forever. #YouCanLearnAnything

Subscribe to Khan Academy’s Health & Medicine channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1RAowgA3q8Gl7exSWJuDEw?sub_confirmation=1
Subscribe to Khan Academy: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=khanacademy

1. Manu 2 Sharma on August 19, 2020 at 10:25 pm

Nice information. I’m taking sarpgandha vati from planet Ayurveda and it keep my blood pressure under control

2. clotildepriquet on August 19, 2020 at 10:26 pm

I hαd hypεrtεnsiοn αnd οbtαinεd mεdicαtiοn tο kεεp it fοr jυst twο mαny yεαrs, nεvεrthεlεss I bεgαn utilizing this high blοοd prεssurε plαn "Sοyutο Weebly" thαt I discοvεrεd οn Gοοɢιε α mοnth αgο. Mεdicαl prοfεssiοnαl εxplαinεd tο mε blοοd prεssυrε lεvεl is rεtυrnεd tο nοrmαl αnd I dοn`t hαvε gοt tο put cαsh intο phαrmαcεuticαl drugs fοr hypεrtεnsiοn lεvεl..

3. Leonor Fernandez on August 19, 2020 at 10:27 pm

Nοt α lοng timε αgο, in rεαlity just simply fεw dαys hαd wεnt by, I triεd tο cαrry οut this high blοοd prεssυrε trεαtmεnt plαn "Sοyutο Weebly" (Gοοɢιε it) αnd dεvεlοpmεnt fοllοwεd strαight αwαy. It hαs stαbilizεd my blοοd prεssurε, nο quεstiοn αbουt thαt. I hαvε nοticεd significαnt dεvεlοpmεnt within TWεNTY dαys οf υsing this strαtεgy. 5 mοrε dαys pαssεd αnd my prεssurε is αt thε nοrmαl lεvεl αt 120/55…

4. Bethany Barry on August 19, 2020 at 10:28 pm

What is the best way to treat my high blood pressure issue naturally ? I read plenty of good opinions on the net about how Hybetez Remedy can assist you fix your high blood pressure issue inherently . Has anyone tested out this high blood pressure remedy?

5. Hindi Funny Calls on August 19, 2020 at 10:30 pm

Does Hybetez Remedy really help to treat your high blood pressure issue naturally ? I have learn many good things about this high blood pressure remedy.

6. Alejandra Clay on August 19, 2020 at 10:31 pm

Do natural high blood pressure remedy like Hybetez Remedy really work and if so, how effective are they? I’ve heard many awesome things about this high blood pressure treatment.

7. ARKADIPTA MUKHERJEE on August 19, 2020 at 10:31 pm

1500 mg /day!!

8. lefter tiberiu vlad on August 19, 2020 at 10:38 pm

This is just superb, I have been researching "best way to lower blood pressure quickly" for a while now, and I think this has helped. Ever heard of – Handadison Pressure Amalgamation – (just google it ) ? Ive heard some amazing things about it and my cousin got amazing success with it.

9. Devorah Hopkins on August 19, 2020 at 10:38 pm

Anybody know what is Hybetez Remedy about? I hear lots of people treat their high blood pressure issue inherently with this high blood pressure secret remedy.

10. Hulya Nasur on August 19, 2020 at 10:39 pm

This guide has allowed me to to lessen my blood pressure (accurately 20-point cut) for two weeks only of applying it. Nonetheless, you will have to exercise for around 35 minutes daily. The idea I have now is extremely happy due to the fact my high blood pressure is below the border line. Do you often use Google? Yes, use it to know more about this tip. This guide is Jason Cυnobroke
    best

11. Rim ريم on August 19, 2020 at 10:44 pm

Do these lifestyle changes also apply to pregnant women who are hyertensive?

12. OhThereItIs on August 19, 2020 at 10:46 pm

Subtle vegan propaganda.

13. Kavita Kavii on August 19, 2020 at 10:50 pm

Good information you are spreading. Having high blood pressure in a young age is a very bad phase in which arterial blood pressure is constantly elevated in which arterial blood pressure is constantly elevated. It also creates many complication like heart attack, kidney problem, etc. I also had this problem with a lot of fear of having complication in future. When nothing helped then Planet Ayurveda helps me and I get rid of this problem.

14. NILESH SONI on August 19, 2020 at 10:54 pm
  15. Amanpreet Singh on August 19, 2020 at 10:56 pm

One of my friend was suffering from high blood pressure problem. He usually had headache, tinnitus especially in the morning. He was taking antihypertensive but did not want to continue with the same. One day he was surfing for the internet and got to know about #PlanetAyurveda. He opened the site, online ordered #Hypertensioncarepack. He is much better now and his B.P is also under control.

16. Royce York on August 19, 2020 at 11:13 pm

I notice lots of people keep on speaking about Hybetez Remedy. But Im uncertain if it is good. Have you ever tried this high blood pressure remedy?

17. A plus health life on August 19, 2020 at 11:15 pm

This is exactly what I talk about in this video:

18. Sowrav Talukder on August 19, 2020 at 11:17 pm

I see many people keep on speaking about Hybetez Remedy (search on google). But I’m not sure if it is good. Have you ever tried using this popular hypertension treatment?

19. Regan Branch on August 19, 2020 at 11:23 pm

Guys. cure your high blood pressure issue naturally doesn’t need to be hard (I used to think it did). I’m going to give you some advice now. Look for a high blood pressure secret remedy called Hybetez Remedy (do a search on google). Thanks to it I have treat my high blood pressure issue inherently . I should not even be speaking about it cause I do not want a bunch of other guys out there running exactly the same game but whatever. I’m just in a great mood today so I will share the wealth lol.