5 Days Of Trying Holistic Medicine | Try Living With Lucie | Refinery29

On this episode of Try Living With Lucie, our host, Lucie Fink dives into 5 days of Chinese medicine. She explores these ancient practices and how they can benefit us today. Watch this week’s Try Living With Lucie to expand your horizons on health and wellness!

ABOUT SERIES
Try Living With Lucie follows our favorite R29 millennial, Lucie Fink, as she dives headfirst into social experiments — five days at a time. From a week without sugar to full-blown street performing; there is nothing she won’t try!

ABOUT REFINERY29
Refinery29 is a modern woman’s destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life.

RELATED CONTENT
5 Days Of Natural Remedies

5 Days Of Meal Prep

5 Days Of A Capsule Wardrobe

Subscribe to the Refinery29 channel: http://bit.ly/subscribe-to-r29

TALENT
Follow Lucie Fink on Instagram: https://instagram.com/luciebfink/
Follow Unbothered on Instagram: https://instagram.com/r29unbothered/
Follow OnHerTurf on Instagram: https://instagram.com/onherturf/
Follow Refinery29 on Instagram: https://instagram.com/refinery29/

1. Elly Lammy on April 7, 2021 at 1:20 am

lol "tweee nah"

2. ra on April 7, 2021 at 1:24 am

the whole video i felt a bit uncomfortable she wasn’t meeting with Chinese people who practice the cultural aspects and know about where the beliefs stem from, the whole video just felt so whitewashed and westernized. no offence to the practicians in the video, but it’s Chinese cultural medicine and I feel people who are Chinese deserve to be the ones representing their own culture and history.

3. BrianHN on April 7, 2021 at 1:30 am

How’s Chinese medicine working for ya in 2020?

4. JobJuneEchavarria on April 7, 2021 at 1:30 am

Holistic medicine is the way of our human future!

5. Sweet Suite on April 7, 2021 at 1:32 am

Her pupils are like ten feet tall. She could use her eyes as a super power. Wow!

6. Alia Van D on April 7, 2021 at 1:34 am

The cupping therapy we do it too ,the same way, in East Europe countries! We love it

7. Alaa Pandashan on April 7, 2021 at 1:34 am

ITs original arabic medicine not Japanese medicine …. go and he will see

8. Nwachukwu Cliffordmartins on April 7, 2021 at 1:34 am

God will bless Doctor Obela who save my life from herpes illness With his herbal medicine I can’t stop thanking him for what him have done for me If you need any herbal help or Cure to any illness from him then contact (dr.obelaharbalhome1 gmail com) or you can also contact him on what’s app on +2348115919700 believe me you will never regret contacting him OK I Love You All And Thanks Dr. OBELA HE CAN ALSO HAVE CUTE FOR ALL KIND Of DISEASE LIKE *HERPES 1 AND 2 *CANCER *ALS *HIV/A *PENIS ENLARGEMENT *STOMACH ULCER *BLOOD CANCEL *FIBROID

9. Indri P on April 7, 2021 at 1:34 am

Bekam

10. Eric Hansen on April 7, 2021 at 1:35 am

“I have a PhD” “is there anything pacific you want to work on?” TAKE THE DEGREE BACK.

11. Swarnabha Dewan on April 7, 2021 at 1:36 am

So pretentious

12. Janie Cole on April 7, 2021 at 1:36 am

I’m just throwing this out there… Does anyone know where she got that floral top????

13. Akhere John on April 7, 2021 at 1:38 am

It’s a miracle that I am alive today. I encountered HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS (HSV1 / 2) for four (4) years, six (6) months and twelve (12) days with my calculations, before I met the great Dr abumere. I am from los angeles California, united state of America and I was affected with herpes virus. Herpes is a viral infection caused by the Herpes simplex virus, marked by painful, watery blisters in the skin or mucous membrane or on the genitals. This was what I suffered for four years. I have visited CVS Pharmacy in CA for treatment but no improvement. I met Dr abumere online while I was searching for a herpes cure. I read a testimony about his work. I give a try that now becomes a testimony in my life. I contacted Dr abumere WhatsApp +2349021975055 or E-mail: doctorabumere6@gmail.com

14. Jessica Naquin on April 7, 2021 at 1:38 am

I have never heard of any of this but I’m so interested in trying it… SERIOUSLY!

15. LazyBunnyz on April 7, 2021 at 1:38 am

Is it really necessary to just bitch in the comments about "ThErE ArNt EnOuGh ChInEsE PeOpLe iN ThIs!!" Like really people? Get over it.

16. Refinery29 on April 7, 2021 at 1:38 am

Have you ever tried any kind of Traditional Chinese Medicine? Share your experiences with us below!

17. So Hyun Park on April 7, 2021 at 1:40 am

It’s good that the practitioner in the video tries to explain Chinese medicine in a way that is easier for people who are unfamiliar with Chi or Chinese culture to understand. HOWEVER, I think it is still crucial to explain and understand what Chi is, especially since chi is basically the core of Chinese medicine. The goal of Chinese medicine is to find balance within the body and make sure chi flows nicely (not being stuck somewhere). And without understanding what chi is, I would assume it would be difficult for one to understand the purpose of Chinese medicine.

18. Elsa no on April 7, 2021 at 1:42 am

I miss this series so much lol

19. Im〰en Be〰n on April 7, 2021 at 1:46 am

The fourth TCM actually is an Arabic medicine and it calls hajama

20. louellatte :3 on April 7, 2021 at 1:47 am

i would love if there’s more airtime on the process than the girl talking and talking

21. Wholesome Bri on April 7, 2021 at 1:48 am

Her eyes. <3

22. Bob Harding on April 7, 2021 at 1:50 am

Holistic remedies and natural products are proven to work and they have been very successfully for thousands of years but it’s a lost art suppressed by big pharma. I have a lot of research and recipes available on my blog. I hope you find it helpful.

23. thalia guthrie on April 7, 2021 at 1:50 am

I do think eastern medicine has a place alongside western medicine. It does not take the place of going to a medical doctor.

24. A H on April 7, 2021 at 1:51 am

Traditional Chinese Medicine but you picked almost all "modernised" white owned businesses. With the amount of Chinese businesses in NYC in seems like theres a bias here. I live in suburban Pennsylvania and there’s at least two chinese massage and other practices owned business in each of the malls near me. Also i found the way she talked about how the acupuncturists are trying to modernize the practice and don’t speak of chi for a "new audience" made it sound like the traditional Chinese way sounds "too silly" for rich white americans. This video feels like it could have been done with a little more respect

25. Dis! on April 7, 2021 at 1:52 am

Tai chi: Praying Mantis Style

26. LoveRemains x on April 7, 2021 at 1:54 am

That salt room was sooo cool, never seen something like that before!

27. jennifer spurlock on April 7, 2021 at 1:54 am

I’ve been to China and I just heard very little about it , I’m sure it’s a thing there but you just really don’t see it , I think people are just focused on other things and jobs but if you looked hard enough than maybe but I wouldn’t be too disappointed that you don’t see any traditionally Chinese practitioners I’ve only seen like one who continued the treatment fully .

28. Elimar on April 7, 2021 at 1:55 am

Where was the massage? At what minute did the massage start because I didn’t see it? Oh, wait! That mean it was a massage? She barely touches the customer. Even for babies, massage is more dynamic I have always been convinced that these types of "massages" are made by lazy people who have no idea how to do a massage, and clients who come for such "massages" leave satisfied due to the placebo effect …Let me guess: It costs a lot …

29. Kaneena Hassanin on April 7, 2021 at 1:56 am

I tried the one with the cups. My mother used to do that when we had colds. 55years ago. .

30. Citerras on April 7, 2021 at 1:56 am

im sorry but why would you go to someone esp someone white to practice traditional Chinese medicine? The logic in this video is not there.

31. Daphne T on April 7, 2021 at 1:58 am

I find the acupuncturists comments about the ways in which they are "modernizing" chinese medicine to be interesting. I recently graduated with a degree in sociocultural anthropology, and one of my professors had done 8+ years of work/research in china and has been practicing chinese medicine for the 10+ years since, thats almost 20 years of knowledge. He always made it very clear that one of our problems in the west with recognizing chinese medicine is that we expect it to be explainable according to western medicine rules, but it is not. That "electric" feeling she has is called catching the chi, and is not the same as improved circilation. Additionally, meridian points cannot be associated with pathways and nerves we recognize in western medicine, they are not the same. For example, there are many reactions in acupuncture, like putting a needle in your ear and feeling it in say your foot, which cannot be explained by western medicines nerves etc but can be explained with chinese medicine knowledge. The overall point is that these are two SEPARATE and equally valuable knowledge bases, and to try and say that the chinese medicine is easily explained with western concepts and that the traditional language is just different, causes consumers to completely miss a lot of the knowledge chinese medicine has to offer.

32. Seriti molapo on April 7, 2021 at 1:58 am

Wish I could watch without her talking so much

33. Jodie Browne on April 7, 2021 at 1:59 am

So cute!

34. Error Lylia on April 7, 2021 at 1:59 am

Wl

35. INES Ghodbane on April 7, 2021 at 1:59 am

This had been used in Algeria for a long time too.
    Arabs used all these traditional methods before.

36. James Williams on April 7, 2021 at 2:04 am

37. Basseinko wed Armicopter suresh Dakhansi bulacan on April 7, 2021 at 2:08 am

War

38. Tooba Khan on April 7, 2021 at 2:11 am

Cupping is Islamic way of detoxification of our body from cupping hajama n its in our religion Islam and its in our hadith books too N it has great benefit

39. Ellie Wong on April 7, 2021 at 2:14 am

As a Chinese person my parents get that cup treatment every Friday. It helps remove toxins and encourage blood circulation. Also you need to bathe before the cupping because you can take a bath after it. My father is a heavy smoker and every time he does the cupping, the circles around his lungs, arms and lower back are particularly dark,nearly purple. Ever since he quit smoking the circles are red at most, pink is best,which means you are healthy.

40. N Lor on April 7, 2021 at 2:15 am

I love how they keep saying Chinese lol you mean Asian Lmaooooo

41. Daphne T on April 7, 2021 at 2:17 am

I enjoy the interest in holistic medicine but dont love the whitewashing of it to make it trendy