Are Essential Oils Safe For My Cat?

Essential oils are huge in retail right now. Are essential oils and diffusers safe for your cat? I did an investigation and this is what I found.

ASPCA Pet Poison Control Hotline Number – 888-426-4435

Read more about this topic over at my blog https://justcatsstore.com/blogs/news/are-essential-oils-bad-for-my-cat

1. Sally 1 on February 22, 2021 at 9:57 pm

I have read that Frankincense essential oil is safe for both cats and dogs (I have both animals so I have to be careful). I plan to use them for my laundry. I use those cotton balls in the dryer that act as a natural fabric softener, and then add a few drops of Frankincense to make the laundry smell good. I am just trying to get away from dryer sheets which are harmful to the environment as well as toxic (I get asthma symptoms when using them).

2. Hellkitten on February 22, 2021 at 10:01 pm

I agree with you wholly. After doing my research I won’t be using essential oils either. It’s just too dangerous for my cats and it’s not worth it. I’ll stick with my Mrs. Meyers geranium and peony scents and cleaners around the house since they are safe for kitty and call it a day.

3. Lieutenant BaconWaffles on February 22, 2021 at 10:04 pm

Essential oils are toxic to cats. They absorb it through their skin & it builds up in their organs & slowly kills them. Rosemary oil is one of the worst. never use dog shampoos on cats either.

4. LadyGrace on February 22, 2021 at 10:05 pm

Happened to my Kitty. She was moaning and vomiting and had a seizure. …. I feel awful about what happened to my kitty.

5. MarvellousWanda on February 22, 2021 at 10:18 pm

thank you, i was about to buy one!! not anymore, oh my god i’m so glad i didn’t now.

6. Lisa Bishop on February 22, 2021 at 10:19 pm

Maybe just use a water/vinegar mix to do household cleaning then you know your cats will be safe 🙂

7. icyblade21 on February 22, 2021 at 10:24 pm

scoop dede whoop

8. Jamie Tattersfield on February 22, 2021 at 10:25 pm

What about rosemary and cedar wood?

9. Jackie Eco on February 22, 2021 at 10:31 pm

After I started using essential oils – NO diffuser – sometimes just a couple drops at the bottom of my shower, my 6 year-old cat started getting MAJOR SEIZURES. I got rid of ALL the essential oils!!!

10. Diane Jansen on February 22, 2021 at 10:31 pm

Very misleading information in this video. Young Living oils are safe for use in cats, there are guide lines to follow. Amazon oils are not safe for cats neither are drug store oils as they are full of contaminants. They are just as dangerous as cleaning chemicals that is true. Do you want your cats walking on bleach or breathing in Febreeze with its 80 toxic laden chemicals. Please see video by Allie Phillips for ACCURATE information.

11. Bonnie Hyden on February 22, 2021 at 10:45 pm

If Essential Oils are toxic to cats…then why are more and more holistic veterinarians using these products to treat cats on a consistent basis? Dr. Janet Roark, Dr. Melissa Shelton are two I know of who have actually published books including LOTS of information on treating cats with Essential Oils. What people are not figuring in is making sure you have pure essential oils. Do we need to know what we’re doing? Yes! But to make such a blanket statement is erroneous.

12. Danielle - Pack This Journal on February 22, 2021 at 10:45 pm

So helpful on a very interesting topics!

13. Frozen Fog on February 22, 2021 at 10:46 pm

thank you for this vidio .I stopped using my oils because of my best friend mollypockets.thank you again.arthur.