Clostridium difficile (c.diff) Infection | Gastrointestinal Society

Bacterial infection with C. difficile inflames the colon and causes diarrhea – that can be debilitating – and other intestinal symptoms. Infection with Clostridium difficile is very serious, can often recur, and can even lead to death.

Franҫais: https://youtu.be/26d8COMHZQw

The Gastrointestinal Society, a registered Canadian charity, provides trusted, evidence-based information on all areas of the gastrointestinal tract, and is committed to improving the lives of people with GI and liver conditions, supporting research, advocating for appropriate patient access to health care, and promoting gastrointestinal and liver health.

For more free information on this and other information on digestive diseases and disorders, please visit our website http://www.badgut.org/

The information contained in this video is in no way intended to replace the knowledge or diagnosis of your health care provider. We advise seeking a physician or medical professional whenever a health problem arises requiring an expert’s care.

© 2016. Gastrointestinal Society.

1. Amanda on August 19, 2020 at 10:24 pm

I worked at the hospice and seen patients who got C-diff from the hospitals.

2. Trevor Huerta on August 19, 2020 at 10:27 pm

Hello there, have you considered Womezon Remedy yet? Simply do a google search. On there you will discover that an awesome guidelines about how you can fix your bacterial vaginosis issue inherently . Why not give it a shot? perhaps it is going to work for you too.

3. King Diamond on August 19, 2020 at 10:35 pm

Where can I find videos of fecal transplantation procedures? Will pay $

4. catherine brennan on August 19, 2020 at 10:36 pm

Woah awesome video! Thank you for making this!

5. Egipher Mutinta Manengu on August 19, 2020 at 10:39 pm

I like how funny that first guy is walking in and out of the hospital,like he’s just from the toilet and is tired of it.

6. Kyle McClanahan on August 19, 2020 at 10:46 pm

Had this when I was 10. Probably the worst few months of my life

7. David Gold on August 19, 2020 at 10:51 pm

I got rid of my re-occurring c. diff. without antibiotics:
    Had c. diff after taking clindamycin.  I was in terrible pain, loss my appetite, weak, and using the bathroom 20x a day for 5 days and ended up going to the hospital.  It went into "remission" after taking vancomycin for 14 days.  My doctor told me not to worry about it coming back, but of course it certainly did about 12 days off Vancomycin.  I just couldn’t bring myself to take anymore antibiotics, especially when it was antibiotics that helped get me into this nightmare.  So, this is what I did to get rid of my c. diff symptoms in believe it or not 48hrs.!

1. I prayed (Believe it or not Jesus answers prayers)
    2. I bought activia probiotic yogurt and had 1 a day
    3. drank about a quarter cup mixture of garlic, ginger, and honey 3x a day
    4. drank 116oz bottle of water with 1 1/2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar 1 x a day
    5. Ate flour porridge with a teaspoon of honey once for breakfast and once for dinner for 3-4 days
    6. Took one probiotic vitamin a day.

After doing this for 2 days, (I kid you not) the diarrhea was gone, the cramping was gone, and the overall ill feeling was gone (thank you Lord Jesus)!  The only thing was that my stomach was very bubbly, but that cleared up too within about 4 days.  I was shocked to see just how fast it went away.  Even though all the symptoms went away I still continued everything (except the probiotic pill and the porridge) and decided to continue for at least 2 more weeks and then cut back for 3 x  a day to 2 than to 1x  and just make the 1x an addition to my daily routine.  I suggest always checking with your doctor, but this is what worked for me without having to put more antibiotics in my body.  I hope this is helpful to someone!

8. Badidi on August 19, 2020 at 10:52 pm

What is the best product or brand to treat your bacterial vaginosis issue naturally ? I read plenty of great opinions on the internet about how exactly Womezon Remedy can help you fix your bacterial vaginosis issue naturally . Has anyone tested out this bacterial vaginosis remedy?

9. Madison Lannert on August 19, 2020 at 10:52 pm

I was allmost declared dead when I got it 2 years ago and I beet they odds and I servied through it it took 7 days in hospital but I am good for now

10. David Plymel on August 19, 2020 at 10:53 pm

How effective is Womezon Remedy? We have noticed several amazing things about this bacterial vaginosis treatment.

11. Kimberly Taylor on August 19, 2020 at 10:53 pm

Black Seed Oil a natural product helped me with my reacurring Cdiff

12. TOPROLLER101 on August 19, 2020 at 10:59 pm

I have  C. difficile and it sucks I am on Metronidazole. to help but I feel like hell..

13. G4M3R TN on August 19, 2020 at 11:01 pm

yo aza was right

14. Amina Trujillo on August 19, 2020 at 11:02 pm

Anyone know what is Womezon Remedy about? I hear a lot of people fix their bacterial vaginosis issue inherently with this bacterial vaginosis remedy.

15. Ariana Mocanu on August 19, 2020 at 11:04 pm

Here because of Turtles all the way down

16. Kecia Argier on August 19, 2020 at 11:05 pm

very bad infection. i work at a nursing home. playing russian roulette with your life. you never know what the patients have when they’re admitted.

17. JAF on August 19, 2020 at 11:06 pm

I had norovirus and almost died, after having kidney surgeries over 3 months for kidney stones, came home on Christmas, Boxing Day readmitted because of c.diff, I’m 13, have a neurological condition like MS since I was 9 and am immune compromised , do you think I’ll get it again?

18. Alejandra Clay on August 19, 2020 at 11:07 pm

What is Womezon Remedy? We’ve heard several amazing things about this bacterial vaginosis treatment.

19. Mase is dankYT on August 19, 2020 at 11:08 pm

I’m 13 and I don’t want to die

20. Courtney J on August 19, 2020 at 11:08 pm

Please make more videos like this! ;))

21. Kandis Glasgow on August 19, 2020 at 11:10 pm

They didn’t mention that you can get sepsis quickly…. I was septic from healthy to almost dying in about an hour.

22. Ella Sandoval on August 19, 2020 at 11:11 pm

Just came here because of John Green´s book "Turtles all the way down" where Aza is afraid of getting this

23. Dairokuten Maou on August 19, 2020 at 11:12 pm

Lol C Diff…every nurse’s worst nightmare

24. Josefin Krantz on August 19, 2020 at 11:15 pm

I work at a hospital, the infection clinic to be exact, and we have a lot of patients with C. Diff from having atibiotics during a long period of time. If you, or someone you know have this here’s a few tips: Always be careful with hygine, wash your hands with soap and water properly and use hand sanitizer, after you’ve visit the bathroom of before preppin food/eating. When using the toilet always close the toilet lid when flushing to keep the amount of spores down.
    Alcohol and normal cleaning products will not kill the spores but bleach will. We alwsys clean our rooms (C. Diff rooms) with 1. Normal all-around cleaning products. 2. Bleach. 3. Alcohol. And a patient with C.Diff is never aloud to go outside their room, visning the day room or visiting the patinent kitchen. They’re also in a 1 person room and are not aloud to share room. Thank you for the video!

25. Shdjsj Hdhdnd on August 19, 2020 at 11:16 pm

Stay safe

26. hubbas girl on August 19, 2020 at 11:20 pm

How likely is this to be passed to family members in a home setting if there is no incontinence and hand hygiene is very good? Does the entire house need to be decontaminated? How many months does this survive on surfaces? I have read everything from 70 days, to years

27. planemod on August 19, 2020 at 11:21 pm

I thought viruses only release toxins

28. Daci Sky on August 19, 2020 at 11:21 pm

I really have enjoyed your videos from your website. The one on diverticulitis is the best. I’m really pleased to see you discussing FMT for C Diff in this video. A little touch of humor is also always appreciated. This was an excellent video. Also,the humor you add to many of them is also appreciated by us apprehensive folks with GI problems.