Dangers of Essential Oils: Top 10 Essential Oil Mistakes to Avoid | Dr. Josh Axe

Essential Oil Safety (and Are Essential Oil Diffusers Safe?): http://bit.ly/2ShOEKX

Essential oils have been shown in studies to have very few negative side effects or risks when they are used as directed. But given how popular essential oils have become in recent years, and how many different brands of oils are now available, it’s not surprising that there’s some growing concerns regarding essential oil safety.

On this episode of Ancient Medicine Today, I’m talking about the top 10 mistakes people make with essential oils as well as internal use, topical use, and aromatic use.
——————–
Dr. Josh Axe, DC, DNM, CNS, is a doctor of chiropractic, certified doctor of natural medicine and clinical nutritionist with a passion to help people eat healthy and live a healthy lifestyle.
Visit the blog: http://bit.ly/2T6NPBR
——————–
Want to connect on social media?
Like on Facebook → facebook.com/drjoshaxe/
Follow on Instagram → instagram.com/drjoshaxe/
Follow on Twitter → twitter.com/drjoshaxe/
Follow on Pinterest → pinterest.com/draxe/
——————–
Have any questions?
Ask away → http://bit.ly/2DqymXS
——————–
This content is strictly the opinion of Dr. Josh Axe and is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a personal physician. All viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Axe nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.

1. John Robert on December 14, 2020 at 10:27 pm

I always rejoice every time i remember how bless I am by Dr Madida YouTube channel. DR madida herbal medicine is amazing in all measure, it has no side effect and it was really nice when I used it and most importantly it met it’s purpose of usage in curing my human papilomavirus and I want you all to use it too.

2. Ana Larrieux on December 14, 2020 at 10:28 pm

how do i use nmix calendula oil n helichrysum oil, why does the helicrysum smell so bad, for scarring after a tummy tuck care

3. Michelle Delling on December 14, 2020 at 10:29 pm

I really enjoyed all the facts you have provided…is it possible to recommend a brand that has no pesticide and is organic??? I’m weary to trust labels that may not include complete information. Thank you!

4. Clownish-Gambino on December 14, 2020 at 10:29 pm

Ylang Ylang?

5. tze tat Yao on December 14, 2020 at 10:30 pm

pretty comprehensive and responsible presentation covering potential household member even pets (what about elderly?). Very thoughtful video.

6. Safi La on December 14, 2020 at 10:39 pm

Frankincense is an ancient source
    Historically coveted
    But not all of it is the same

7. Depression Suicide Prevention on December 14, 2020 at 10:41 pm

What about Helicrysum oil? I’ve learned you can use directly on skin undiluted for bone healing but on veins you need a carrier. ALSO, Wormwood Tincture I used for. A Parasite detox (Dr. Mariah McCain/Herbal Healey Academy Naturopathic Doctor) TY for doing this but could you recommend what BRANDS are legit? Who do you buy from? You sell the few popular ones but not the above and it’s expensive
    And already got 2 bottles that wert diluted 90% so had to take them back since she put them in the bag for me and neither of us looked to find it wasn’t pure undiluted .

8. Tim White Health on December 14, 2020 at 10:43 pm

THE MAN!

9. unlocking us on December 14, 2020 at 10:43 pm

Thanks for sharing.

Is anyone aware of any certification, as referred to in #10?

10. Ania Anna on December 14, 2020 at 10:44 pm

Hello Josh, what online essential oil education classes would you recommend?

11. Vedika HIND on December 14, 2020 at 10:46 pm

Useless video ever

12. david browne on December 14, 2020 at 10:47 pm

I have a question how do you use these oils ? Do you rub it on yourself or take it in the mouth ?

13. bitTorrenter on December 14, 2020 at 10:47 pm

The Bible, lol

14. Susannah Jones on December 14, 2020 at 10:48 pm

PhD?

15. Carol Kuelik on December 14, 2020 at 10:50 pm

Thankyou!

16. tiantian 1306 on December 14, 2020 at 10:51 pm

Hi Dr. Josh. I currently used essential oil in my diffuser for almost 2 weeks (peppermint, lavender, lemon and tea tree) and I just realized that my face and my neck got bumps. I usually don’t have bumps on my skin except in my period (in a few amount of it). But now I get many, I can feel my skin texture is rough. Is it possible that my skin doesn’t like essential oil in the diffuser?

17. Fresh Brewed ASMR on December 14, 2020 at 10:53 pm

I use a lavender and chamomile pillow mist. It’s super relaxing!

18. Mover Bob on December 14, 2020 at 10:53 pm

Are you a real doctor? I don’t think so.

19. art explored on December 14, 2020 at 10:57 pm

thanks Doc. what an eye opener.

20. Simplelife22 on December 14, 2020 at 10:58 pm

How will you know if the oils are authentic

21. Sajid Sabr on December 14, 2020 at 11:00 pm

Why the chiropractic dr are so talented…. !? !?? !

22. Justin Arias on December 14, 2020 at 11:00 pm

maaan

23. Nivaldo Wilson on December 14, 2020 at 11:00 pm

I got a wax warmer so I usually pour peppermint oil pure uncut with water to keep that smell through the all house what’s your opinion

24. Omotunde Adesina on December 14, 2020 at 11:03 pm

This is insightful, thanks for sharing

25. Judith Raymond on December 14, 2020 at 11:04 pm

What worsen Genital Herpes Virus is the fact that you don’t know if there is a cure yet, I got cured from my Genital Herpes after using Dr Alaho Olu herbs. You can get more information by contacting Dr Alaho Olu

26. James Kelly on December 14, 2020 at 11:05 pm

Do have any sources for where to go to get certified in essential oils?

27. Franc Wigsplitta on December 14, 2020 at 11:05 pm

How the hell we know if they safe for kids or not

28. priya vadhana on December 14, 2020 at 11:06 pm

Thank doctor. Can essential oils diluted with water used as hair spray be left on hair without washing?

29. 1234qwer on December 14, 2020 at 11:06 pm

Im a chemist… Synthetic oils ARE almost the same as the natural ones, they have the SAME chemicals in them. dont matter if it was manmade or not… Also most natural EO contain sensitizers or toxic ingredients. They should be used 2% or less on the skin. Less than 0.5% if its a deodorant

30. She Gameplays on December 14, 2020 at 11:07 pm

Jesus died for you and he loves you

31. Deacon Dave Larrabee on December 14, 2020 at 11:07 pm

Thank you. So many pyramide schene essential oil company sellers urge prospective buyers to just try everything and exoeriment! They claim that there Are no containdications Its terrifying@.

32. robert olson on December 14, 2020 at 11:07 pm

The number one mistake people make with essential oils is falling for the hype.

33. Deacon Dave Larrabee on December 14, 2020 at 11:09 pm

I stumbled onto your vid on my quest for something else. Glad i did. It makes me happy to know that you are providing this wonderful safety guidance !!
    Thank you so much for what you have done here !!!

34. Obsidian 999 on December 14, 2020 at 11:13 pm

Can I fuel my car when I it is in bulk? Or is it too costly?

35. Aaron Michaels on December 14, 2020 at 11:15 pm

This is true, essential oils are potent, and have an effect when used. Clove is so strong I only need one drop or two, cedarwood is energizing so I also use a drop or two and only during daytime. I recommend Now foods, a certified company. Always check with your physician if you have any condition.

36. Cutirimicuador on December 14, 2020 at 11:15 pm

REPTILIAN

37. Erica Reu on December 14, 2020 at 11:15 pm

I am new at this essential oil thing. When you are ingesting it do you put it in a drink or do you just take a few drops in your mouth or put it in food? More information on that would be wonderful. I need to find something besides pharmaceutical meds to help my diabetes and thyroid issues.

38. robert olson on December 14, 2020 at 11:16 pm

Frankincense: Incense discovered by Frank.

39. aierce on December 14, 2020 at 11:18 pm

Essential oils are not medicine, children die from it, and parents go to jail for it.

40. Cutirimicuador on December 14, 2020 at 11:22 pm

CHECK MINUTE 3:33 SAHPESHIFTING TEETH . . . REPTILIAN?

41. Jami Martensen on December 14, 2020 at 11:23 pm

Is clove oil on a tooth ache safe?

42. Subarna Newar on December 14, 2020 at 11:23 pm