Essential Oils for Weight Loss

For more info: https://draxe.com/essential-oils-for-weight-loss/?utm_campaign=Youtube-May-2015&utm_medium=social&utm_source=youtube&utm_term=oilsforweight

In today’s video, I want to talk to you about essential oils for weight loss. So many people want to burn fat and lose weight fast in a safe way. Essential oils alone can’t get you to lose 20 pounds, however, they can help support your body in losing weight. There are three main essential oils that can help your body in weight loss.

The number one essential oil is grapefruit oil. It helps to activate enzymes in your saliva that help your body break down body fat. The oil of grapefruit comes from the peel, which helps support metabolism and cleansing of your lymphatic gland.

The second essential oil to support weight loss is cinnamon oil. Cinnamon oil helps regulate blood glucose levels and GTF (glucose tolerance factor).

The third oil that helps the body with weight loss is ginger essential oil. Ginger reduces sugar cravings, reduces inflammation in the body, and improves digestion and absorption of nutrients. This process supports cellular energy which, in turn, helps with weight loss.

If you’re looking to lose weigh with the help of essential oils, I would recommend grapefruit, cinnamon, and ginger essential oils. You can diffuse them or apply them topically with coconut oil.

*This content is strictly the opinion of Dr. Josh Axe, and is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a personal physician. All viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Axe nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.

1. Sarah Squire on December 25, 2020 at 11:50 pm

Would you please tell us your opinion about essential oil vapes (like Monq)? Are they healthy or unhealthy for you?

2. Jesse Schubert on December 25, 2020 at 11:51 pm

Ginger, i buy it fresh and boil it. Although im wondering if ginger raw is better, knowing ehen we cook foods it changes its form, i just learnd boiling lemons is actually better thn lemon water. Ive been through a crisis, and mentally im a wreck but i seriously believe to heal the mind you must heal the body first. This is so off topic but you did a video on d.e diatomaceous earth and this is about D15 for me taking two spoonfuls a day it gives me tons of energy and I don’t know if it’s in my head but if I don’t take it I don’t want to get out of bed. I’m hoping that I don’t have to take the supplement for the rest of my life to feel normal. It’s better than a cup of coffee LOL I love your videos and I just realized that you sell oils as well. I’m a newly single mom looking for work but once I get on my feet I’m going to purchase from your company because not only so I hear a good reviews but you also are very informative

3. Yolanda Gomez on December 25, 2020 at 11:52 pm

Can you also put it in food. Use all three in water? Please answer

4. juan otormin on December 25, 2020 at 11:54 pm

what is the dosage of those oils and how to consume them. Thanks

5. Anita Dudhnath on December 25, 2020 at 11:55 pm

Dr Axe you did not mention dosage per day thank you

6. Nakul Kundra on December 25, 2020 at 11:55 pm

can we simply use the combination in an oil burner ?

7. kickbackworks on December 25, 2020 at 11:55 pm

An actual oil that helps inside and out! im so glad it dosent even give you side effects, and they smell so good! I read this awesome website about digestion with essential oils i think you guys should check it out !http://wp.me/P9dKuH-y

8. timg00 on December 25, 2020 at 11:56 pm

Do you love your essential oils? Show others just how much you love essential oils ……go check it out:

9. Christine King on December 25, 2020 at 11:57 pm

Can you rub them on your problem areas instead of ingesting them because I don’t want to ingest them.

10. Donna Pedersen on December 25, 2020 at 11:59 pm

can you tell us how many drops of each for the diffuser? Do you do them together? Thank you for all you share.

11. Lauren Watson on December 25, 2020 at 11:59 pm

I did not know grapefruit makes you lose weight . When I was 25 I eat so much grapefruit I lost 20 in two weeks

12. Ginger Langer on December 26, 2020 at 12:03 am

DoTerra essential oils are the best!

13. Awesome Awesome on December 26, 2020 at 12:04 am

I dont have grapefruit essential oil at home to make DIY cellulite so can i use cinnamon and lemon oil in coconut oil instead?

14. 5GreatDays WithHim on December 26, 2020 at 12:04 am

PLEASE add the drug interactions to your video while promoting grapefruit oils!

15. Criscross on December 26, 2020 at 12:05 am

Before making a comment I took my time to read your disclaimer and even though you’re correct with the given information of grapefruit essential oil, I have to make a couple of very important points as far as Cinnamon oil.
    1) Many people may not know that there are 3 different types of Cinnamon Essential Oil; Cassia, Bark, and Leaf.
    Cinnamon Cassia has the lowest levels of dilution , 0.05%. It’s pretty toxic to the liver.
    Cinnamon Bark also shares the same level of toxicity at some point with Cinnamon Cassia due to its lowest level of dilution, 0.1%.
    Cinnamon Leaf is the safest out of the 3 oils, with a level of dilution of 0.6 %
    2) It is not recommended to drink any of this oils in water if proper information isn’t provided.
    3) Cinnamon oils, the 3 of them, are not recommended to be used by women if they’re breastfeeding or pregnant.

I personally do not use Cinnamon Cassia or Bark for a dermal application.

16. Veruska Lugo on December 26, 2020 at 12:05 am

Although essential oils are not as fast to treat acne as other products, they are great because they are natural. I think that’s what I like most about this option. Btw, in this article there are some other great ones essential oils. http://bit.ly/essential-oils-acne

17. Linn-Iren Blystad on December 26, 2020 at 12:09 am

Break down brown adipose tissue? But that is not what we want, do we? Since brown fat has a lot of mitochondria and actually uses a lot of energy to produce heat.

18. Karen Greer on December 26, 2020 at 12:11 am

What about grapefruit and BP medicines? Do they react with them? thanks 🙂

19. MS MS on December 26, 2020 at 12:13 am

How is sandlewood oil

20. Grace Coan on December 26, 2020 at 12:14 am

Use this link if you’d like to purchase any of these essential oils! You can sign up for Young Living as a member and get wholesale pricing instead of retail!

Or use this code when signing up! 12420675

21. daniel wold on December 26, 2020 at 12:15 am

Empty pill capsules work great for digesting

22. HB FOOD on December 26, 2020 at 12:16 am

Dear Dr Axe,
    Benefit of Grapefruit make by cold-press and steam distillation? It’s different?

23. Mini Bubbles on December 26, 2020 at 12:16 am

How about sweet orange essential oil?

24. LAUS art on December 26, 2020 at 12:17 am

A few drops of essential oils wont make you lose weight. Losing weight = eating less calories than you burn. There’s no scientific proof for most of what this ‘Dr’ claims. Especially inhaling essential oils, I can almost say for certain that was just a plain lie.

25. Annamarie Menendez on December 26, 2020 at 12:19 am

Hi Dr Axe: thanks for your guidance. When using these oils do they have to be food grade? Thanks so much

26. Jannatul Ferdous on December 26, 2020 at 12:20 am

can lemon oil helps to loose weight?

27. Idalina Alcantara Taylor on December 26, 2020 at 12:21 am

What if you can’t use grapefruit, do to blood pressure medications?

28. S H on December 26, 2020 at 12:21 am

all the essentials that i have so far are recommended for external use only. which brand to use in case of consumption?

29. Lolafalana on December 26, 2020 at 12:22 am

Hello Dr.
    Can these oils be used topically?
    Sometimes the citrus internally upsets the stomach not a good feeling. I think topically it’s just as effective. Thanks

30. A on December 26, 2020 at 12:25 am

Thank you Dr.Axel can we add drops of grapefruit, ginger, and cinammon essential oil into water and drink it? If so, how can we know if we are buying the right type of essential oil..thanks in advance

31. Liisa on December 26, 2020 at 12:25 am

is there an oil roller ball recipe for the oils you mentioned?

32. Rins McLovin on December 26, 2020 at 12:26 am

What brand of essential oils are you using?

33. Catherine Malloy on December 26, 2020 at 12:27 am

Don’t diffuse if you have pets, especially birds

34. Unfortunate Son on December 26, 2020 at 12:27 am

How much you want to bet this conman isn’t a doctor?

35. janeG_ANGELEYES3333 g on December 26, 2020 at 12:27 am

Can’t use grapefruit if on any.high blood pressure medicine

36. Pinky Villadelgado on December 26, 2020 at 12:31 am

How much of slim and sassy can I take for my hypothyroidism? I am also taking supplements for high blood sugar. Will slim and sassy be safe to take?

37. Shymar Foster on December 26, 2020 at 12:33 am

Dr. Axe, do these oil have carbohydrates?

38. Hadeel Abdelnasser on December 26, 2020 at 12:33 am

Grape fruit essential oil, cinnamon essential oil, and ginger essential oil….thanks dr. Josh

39. amanda bex on December 26, 2020 at 12:35 am

I would love to use some of these oils but are they safe for pets if i use it in my house?

40. Madlen Aram on December 26, 2020 at 12:36 am

the best success that I have had was with the Alinn Diet Plan (i found it on google) definately the most incredible diet that I’ve tried.

41. Ooh La Lava on December 26, 2020 at 12:37 am

Sounds great!

42. purlofgreatprice1 on December 26, 2020 at 12:37 am

I’ve been enjoying your teaching on essential oils, Dr. Axe. I’m considering buying singles or blends. I saw your video on the 5 essential oils and the one on frankincense. Should I buy several blends to take care of certain areas like stress, detox, etc.?

43. Catherine Malloy on December 26, 2020 at 12:39 am

Can you use them if you have Hashimotos?

44. frances everson on December 26, 2020 at 12:41 am

What is the best brand of organic oils should I buy? There are many different grades which to you recommend Dr Axe?

45. Ann Campbell on December 26, 2020 at 12:42 am

Perogen peroxide can be used as a internal douche for women. Google search for yourself. Perogen Peroxide has good benefits for so so many things. It kills germs and cleans. Good for cuts burns and boils etc…..
    Activated Charcoal is good for turning your gray hair back to black again. You can brush teeth with it. You can drink it, wash your face with it. This activated Charcoal is what they give to poison victims. They gave me some at the emergency room because when I drank some juice at someone’s house, I COULD TASTE THE AFTER AFFECT OF INSECT SPRAY IN THE BACK OF MY MOUTH. I WAS TOLD THE GLASS WASNT CLEANED OUT PROPERLY CZ I COULD TASTE AT THE END AFTER I SWALLOWED IT IN THE BACK OF MY TONGUE. SO ACTIVATED CHARCOAL IS GOOD SO LOOK IT UP!
    Peppermint oil for mosquito bits and other insects etc….
    Jojoba oil- ANYONE can use but for black skin and hair compared with castor oil which is also good for skin hair and fungal. Its sure does keep my feet silky soft and smooth. If u saw how my feet looked before, you’d be like whaaaaa…keep on using it girl. AAAHAAA HA HA!!! LOL!!!!. You can even put castor oil on a Q-tip and rub on eye brows to make the grow thick. I put castor oil or jojoba oil in my hair grease to oil my scalp and massage in then comb out and brush. U see the advantage as u combing through the hair. or right away. It thickens and grow hair fast.
    tea tree oil
    Lavender oil
    Lemon oil
    Please please Please… Read about neem oil benefits, u might run out the house to purchase now!!! There are so many good oils out there in the purest form 100% and organic label. None of the have chemicals in it so you are getting the very best

46. sherry burton on December 26, 2020 at 12:42 am

Dr. Axe. I have been using white essential grapefruit oil since June of this year. I have lost almost 30 pounds with a 1200-1500 calorie intake per day. I’m noticing a two pound lost after drinking it before bedtime. I do not drink it every night because I want a slow lost. This is amazing!I i have a lot more Wright to lose but am in the right track!

47. sdmcdiva69 on December 26, 2020 at 12:44 am

Are there any oils to make me sexy like you? I’d buy it by the gallons. Lol. Thanks for the vid

48. Grammi Gram on December 26, 2020 at 12:45 am

I take blood pressure medicine. Can you tell me if it’s safe to use the oils with that?