Essential Oils That Are TOXIC to Dogs | AVOID THESE!!

If you’re into essential oils (like me) and you have a dog then you definitely have heard that they can be unsafe for dogs. As a dog owner who also loves essential oils, I decided to look into it further. I discovered that not all essential oils are toxic to dogs (and some are actually really good!). In this video, I share with you the essential oils that I discovered are bad for dogs.

The symptoms of encountering any of these oils really depends on the quantity, and how it was absorbed, so it can be different for every dog and oil. This is not a FULL list of the oils, but it is a list of the most commonly seen. So, please, if you have any more that you’d like to add then feel free to add it in the comment section so that we can all learn!

*DISCLAIMER* I am not a vet. This list is purely based on my own research.

Thanks for watching!

Ruff,
Jackie & Boomer

A couple articles:
American Kennel Club – https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/health/are-essential-oils-safe-for-dogs/
Pet Poison Hotline – https://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/pet-safety-tips/essential-oils-dogs/

↠CONNECT WITH US↞
Insta – @jackietodd_
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/inruffcompany
Email – inruffcompany@gmail.com

My Music is from http://www.musicbed.com

1. Valerie Ann on September 6, 2020 at 1:30 am

I’m glad lemongrass is okay for dogs. Lemongrass is my favorite! Thanks!
    I wonder if lemongrass essential oil is okay for cats?

2. dazedisdenise21 on September 6, 2020 at 1:35 am

Thank you for this! We need this awareness

3. brenda nicholson on September 6, 2020 at 1:36 am

doTERRA Vet Panel is a place to help answer any questions

4. Ann D'Esposito on September 6, 2020 at 1:50 am

Thank you for making this video! It’s so important that we as custodians of our animals recognize that some things that we view as harmless are toxic for our pets. We owe it to them to be their guardians and be proactive in their care. Happy holidays to you and your loved ones!

5. JaneFonda1942 Apex Clan on September 6, 2020 at 1:53 am

I’ve been using all these types of oils around my dog and my dog is doing just fine. I don’t put these oils on my dog but I use these oils regularly on my skin. I think the key is concentration. I have a feeling that these oils can irritate the airway of dogs because their airway is sensitive but I’m not sure. More research is needed.

6. Vivian L. on September 6, 2020 at 2:03 am

i thought orange was safe

7. JaneFonda1942 Apex Clan on September 6, 2020 at 2:13 am

What is helpful for me is the exact reason why the oils are not recommended. I want to know the science behind it. Otherwise, it isn’t helpful.