FAKE Essential Oils??!! Here's What to Look For

Everybody and their sister is using essential oils these days, but do you know what you’re buying? Watch this video to find out what you need to look for to make sure you’re getting the real deal!

Certified Organic essential oils — https://amzn.to/2EmrEmD

Follow Mo on Twitter: @moniekjames

The Confetti Collective, LLC exists as a lifestyle platform that inspires women to create their big, beautiful lives.

Connect with TCC on the interwebs:
Website – www.theconfetticollective.com
FB – www.facebook.com/theconfetticollective
Twitter – https://twitter.com/confetticollect
IG – http://instagram.com/theconfetticollective_
Pinterest – http://www.pinterest.com/confetticollect
Google + – https://www.google.com/+Theconfetticollective

1. Pamela BH on April 17, 2019 at 7:15 pm

What a great video! You have taught me SO much about essential oils!! Thank you!!!!

2. Doug and Liz on April 17, 2019 at 7:19 pm

young living oils are the best i have found. they have a seed to seal guarantee. i even started selling whole sale for them because i truly believe in the products ! go to Ollie.oils on Instagram to get a really nice starter kit and gift.

3. Sc120o on April 17, 2019 at 7:19 pm

Nice presentation; brief and precise. Thank you

4. Suthynia on April 17, 2019 at 7:20 pm

What material is thereducer made of. It looks like plastics.

5. Sean Lykes on April 17, 2019 at 7:22 pm

Very informative. I didn’t know about plastic not good for oils. And I didn’t know about the sun . Thank you sista.

6. Fallon Matthews on April 17, 2019 at 7:23 pm

Have you heard of a company called PureSacra ? they have a very rare frankincense oil called Boswellia Sacra

7. Turtledrum on April 17, 2019 at 7:24 pm

Terrific video and so helpful! Thank you for sharing your experiences and wisdom!

8. Yuni Barrios on April 17, 2019 at 7:24 pm

Hi! I use AETOS…. any review on them? I tried the paper test and it dried CLEAR…how truthful is this test? do you know?

9. Toby's Guitar on April 17, 2019 at 7:26 pm

Great video very much enjoyed.

10. Jackie Gonzalez on April 17, 2019 at 7:28 pm

Hello, thanks for the tips… Question where do you buy your essential oils?

11. Catlady003 on April 17, 2019 at 7:29 pm

I have mostly high end oils, Frankincense oil, $75.00 , from Young Living and all of my high end EO’s have plastic toppers, yours did too!!!!!! Imagine that…

12. s3oud -PS on April 17, 2019 at 7:31 pm

You are amazing ❤️

13. Oie White on April 17, 2019 at 7:32 pm

you forgot you can buy in dark plastic bottle too
    if see an lots bubble in your oil it just be cut with to much DPG or Carrier Oil.
    most essential oils you even wont to dulit are just add couple drop of carrier to your mix just to be safe.
    Because most people body can’t handle pure oil on their skin.
    like with all oil always check with your local doctor.

14. Its Me on April 17, 2019 at 7:33 pm

But the orifice reducer is also plastic

15. Faith Jegede on April 17, 2019 at 7:34 pm

You can have essential oils in dark glass bottles with their scientific names and they’d still be fake. And what makes oil fake? They swap it for vegetable oil. All this things don’t make the oil fake, it just makes it more trustworthy

16. jack favvv02 on April 17, 2019 at 7:34 pm

Very helpful info, thanks.

17. Rico Suav on April 17, 2019 at 7:35 pm

Thanks Gorgeous

18. IlyasWidaad on April 17, 2019 at 7:37 pm

The only reason she says make sure you buy the more expensive oils is because YL over prices their oils like crazy. I use plant therapy , their oils are 100% pure, and a fraction of the cost. Stay away from YL. You are over paying for no reason! You’ve been warned

19. Beautiful Beloved on April 17, 2019 at 7:38 pm

Thank you!!

20. Hello!! :)))) on April 17, 2019 at 7:41 pm

Very detailed. TY Much!!

21. Maria Pinto on April 17, 2019 at 7:48 pm

You can even do the white paper test if it still stains after 1 hour that means it’s fake n not longlasting

22. JanieMartinSings on April 17, 2019 at 7:49 pm

I buy YLO and all the plastic at the top and it makes me mad because 2 drops always come out when I want only one drop. !!!

23. Emily Overdirth on April 17, 2019 at 7:51 pm

The oils I buy are cheap. They have everything you named though. They work perfectly well. They are called artisan oils. They are all natural and you can get 14 different 5ml bottles for $20. You can buy bigger bottles for a higher price but I love them!! They are perfecto!!!

24. Yeongseo Lee on April 17, 2019 at 7:54 pm

In UK, there is a list of trused essential oil producers at the website of ATC. If you want to buy from amazon, plz check if the sellers are on the list. I believe their is only one company in the amazon UK that’s been proven. This is why people strongly insist never to buy from amazon.

25. Theo on April 17, 2019 at 7:55 pm

Young living and foyers has plastic tip in a bottle too but it doesn’t mean that they are fake, there is a website that checked authenticity of the bunch of brands for synthetic ingredients and the ones I mentioned are checked out as authentic

26. choclatechiplily on April 17, 2019 at 7:56 pm

Does anyone know anything about the Natures Truth brand

27. Suthynia on April 17, 2019 at 7:57 pm

The link does not work.

28. helenc58 on April 17, 2019 at 7:58 pm

29. valerie wilson on April 17, 2019 at 7:58 pm

I disagree on several of these points. I make my own bath & body products and use a LOT of essential oils. There are some plastic containers that are suitable for essential oils. One of my suppliers who sells 100% authentic oils (and that is their entire business), I buy them in gallon containers and they come in a dark blue thick plastic jug with a cap that you need a wrench to remove. And they do NOT have the plant name on the jugs. I have bought several 16 oz containers that also come in dark amber plastic containers and they are authentic. I’ve also purchased some that arrived in aluminum bottles. Oh, and the reducer in the top of your bottles – are made of what? Plastic. Your tips might be a little more on point if you are only referring to teeny tiny 1/2 ounce sized bottles.

30. K. Kouture on April 17, 2019 at 7:58 pm

the tee tree oil i bought from family dollar has all these qualities except for the price . is it legit?

31. Acamacafica 13 on April 17, 2019 at 7:58 pm

The only thing lacking with the Pursonic essential oil eight pack is the Latin name on each bottle. They’re in glass, that’s dark, in small bottles.

32. JanieMartinSings on April 17, 2019 at 7:59 pm

Also with other brands you send for you won’t know if that is plastic or size of dropper.

33. Christian Pons on April 17, 2019 at 7:59 pm

Excellent!

34. Peace ToAll on April 17, 2019 at 8:01 pm

so those15ml essential oils bottle made by GuruNanda selling for $6 at Walmart are fake?

35. Jesus the cool on April 17, 2019 at 8:02 pm

Me and all of my family and friends don’t use essentials oil. We are all old school and know how to make our own. Then we don’t have to worry about all the harmful stuff in your stuff. Unless the company has a tester in their company; then, none of you know if the oil is good or not.

You give lots of good advise. Thanks

36. legrand mustache on April 17, 2019 at 8:04 pm

Oh Good information!!!
    Those are things that i don’t take into account everytime i purchase essencial oils!
    Certainly i’ll keep it in mind next time…

37. Md Adil Ahnaf on April 17, 2019 at 8:06 pm

Are the essential oils from Naissance fake or diluted?.

38. Kr1zToV on April 17, 2019 at 8:07 pm

When you said the word fake at 0:39 with such hatred i imagine you having the same amount of hatred for white men, get an oil to fix that for you 🙂

39. Oof - on April 17, 2019 at 8:09 pm

Are simply essential oils fake ?

40. Neidra Lee on April 17, 2019 at 8:09 pm

Your video was on point. I just received some essential oil and the blend was called breathe. I definitely looked at the bottle, you’re right the company did not use the Latin words for the essential oils. I received it today and I’m going to return it. It is not what I thought it should be. The company was Artizen Oils.

41. Cherie Carpenter on April 17, 2019 at 8:10 pm

Do you know anything about artnatural essential oils? I ordered a diffuser and some essential oils from artnatural, but a representative from doTERRA contacted me and explained a lot to me so I ordered a kit from her, but was unable to cancel the order from artnatural. They’re in a dark glass bottle and have the Latin name on the bottle, but I don’t want to use something harmful to me, my daughter or my dogs

42. robert olson on April 17, 2019 at 8:14 pm

The only way to know what you are getting in that bottle is to have it tested by a reputable lab. Others have done this only to meet great disappointment when the lab report came back.