HOW TO KILL JAPANESE BEETLES | ORGANICALLY

HOW TO KILL JAPANESE BEETLES ORGANICALLY
Japanese beetles are a small bug that is a big threat to hundreds of different species, it is one of the major insect pest in the Eastern United States. Japanese beetles can do monumental damage to crops each year. You can identify the Japanese beetles by their metalic looking blue-green heads, copper backs, tan wings and about 1/2 inch in length. These japanese beetles emerge from the soil as adult beetles and begin feeding on around 300 different kinds of plants, usually roses, beans, grapes, raspberries, etc. Around June is when this starts happening,. IBe watching for sheletonized leaves, meaning only the veins of the leaves are remain. I suggest many ways to get rid of japanese beetles, including hand picking them off of plants and flowers, using neem oil, using a dropcloth method , orgainc insecticides, something i call the fruit cocktail method, but what i failed to suggest is using Geraniums as a bait plant that will attract the Beetles and allow your more expensive plants to be protected as you kill the beetles on the geraniums. Also if your roses bushes are swarmed with japanese beetles, nip off the buds of the rose bush until the threat has passed. You can introduce Milky Spore in to your lawn to help control grub worms that become japanese beetles for up to 10 years. Also try companion planting garlic, rue, or tansy near your plants that you want to save, be sure that your plant is companion friendly with the suggested plants. Last but not least you can try attracting parastic wasps to do the work for you, in this case the wasp would be very beneficial as a japanese beetle insect killer. Along those same lines, you can drench your turf grass with parastic nematodes (heterorhabditis species) to control the larvae, that turn into grub worms and eventually japanese beetles. Very last organic method i can think of at the moment to organically kill japanese beetles is to mix 2 tablespoons of baby shampoo into 1 gallon of water and apply this solution on to your lawn per 1000 square feet, during late spring or fall when the beetles are still grub worms and once you spray the lawn the grub worms will surface to the top of the soil, once the grub worms surface i usually attract more birds by throwing out a few pieces of bread on the lawn to attract the birds to come and eat the bread and the grubs.

Grand Dunes Landscape and Maintenance
630-D Chestnut Road,
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29572

please send all mail to:
P.O.Box 30806
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29579

(843) 450-2953

Google + Business

Linkedin
Other profiles

Google Documents

Other youtube video’s you may enjoy

GRAND DUNES LANDSCAPE AND MAINTENANCE | Myrtle Beach LawnCare playlist

GRAND DUNES LANDSCAPE AND MAINTENANCE contact for lawn care and landscaping in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Myrtle Beach lawn care tips 2 – Weeds

some of the products mentioned ealier and where to buy them :

#HowtokillJapaneseBeetles #howtogetridofJapaneseBeetles
#KillJapaneseBeetlesOrganically

1. Patricia W on February 13, 2021 at 9:44 pm

Hmm. I’m gonna have to try the fruit cocktail and soapy water. Thanks for the tip!

2. Adam Leen on February 13, 2021 at 9:45 pm

How do I keep them from inserting larva into the grass?

3. Rod Powell on February 13, 2021 at 9:46 pm

Why oh why does everything bad come from China, Japan or some other shitholecountry!? Great vid thxx

4. Patricia Boynton on February 13, 2021 at 9:46 pm

I used that organic 3 in 1 spray – fungicide etc that you held up. It worked. I sprayed my flowers and the next day I found a pile of dead Japanese beetles on the ground near the flowers I sprayed. I found a couple during the day and they were dying. I happened to have 2 bottles of that on hand and I just want to share this. It works!!

5. Karissa Lee on February 13, 2021 at 9:46 pm

japanese beetles are my number one fear and its summertime,,,im going to hibernate inside my house to avoid these things.

6. Donna on February 13, 2021 at 9:47 pm

Some people are so rude. Thanks for all the helpful info, it’s appreciated

7. Ittersum on February 13, 2021 at 9:48 pm

100% love the smile at "also kills spider mites"

8. Nurmayant coates on February 13, 2021 at 9:51 pm

Omg I so hate them

9. Mystic Angel Cristina on February 13, 2021 at 9:51 pm

thanks for the information it’s good to know how to deal with them

10. anne rees on February 13, 2021 at 9:53 pm

Thanks

11. justj518 on February 13, 2021 at 9:56 pm

Get to the point!!

12. coondogtheman1234 on February 13, 2021 at 9:59 pm

I like to fry these on those hand held bug zappers. It stinks and draws an audience (flies) and they land on the zapper and get smoked which draws more. Sometimes I use my pocket torch, hella satisfying hearing them pop and smoke.

13. Moda Mont on February 13, 2021 at 10:00 pm

my beetles are just a dark brown they come out at night and eat my sunflower plants no skeletons bc there is nothing at all left to the plants , just totally eaten

14. Jeff Hyatt on February 13, 2021 at 10:00 pm

Look like baby Mothra’s….lol, they are bad here in Georgia

15. ejeepin on February 13, 2021 at 10:01 pm

I had no luck with Garden Safe Neem in 2019. I later found out it is not 100% cold pressed Neem. This year trying Neem Bliss. Much more potent and solidifies to Carmex like under 60 degrees. I mix with Dr Bronners Castille Soap to break tension then warm water. Peppermint or Lavender Bronners works well. I have peaches so Lavender is more effective on Peach Moths. Also, only buy enough Neem for 1 season for freshness. A 16oz bottle goes a long ways! I use this concoction on everything now! A light Spring dose is 1 Tbls of Castille to 1 Tsp Neem per gallon. Increase as you are comfortable. Again, stir Castille and Neem in a bowl until creamy, add some warm water, stir, then full amount of water. This stuff clogs sprayers so do hot water flush afterwards. I spray Peaches every 2 weeks after petal drop and fruit set (or more after rains.). Capture test of Japanese Beetles after Neem/castille spray — 1 hour dead. I even gave them the leaf they were munching. No interest, crawled away.

16. Matt Bopp on February 13, 2021 at 10:02 pm

Dude! Get to the point already PLEASE!

17. Madame Santen on February 13, 2021 at 10:02 pm

I am rather suspicious of that spray you advertise. Sounds like another chemical that is marketed as "organic", which is an unregulated word and anyone can use that word. So I would rather stick with the Neem oil and soapy water idea.

18. Le Nguyen on February 13, 2021 at 10:03 pm

These suckers killed my Asian Pear and roses

19. Carolyn Qammaz PA. on February 13, 2021 at 10:04 pm

So it is the Japanese beetle that destroyed my roses I thought it was fungal. The leaves turn yellow with brown spots. Also this Spring and early summer rain, rain, and more rain. My poor Roses looks horrible I can’t even look at them without feeling bad.

20. Holly B on February 13, 2021 at 10:05 pm

Need oil didn’t work for me

21. Lonely Prepper Homestead on February 13, 2021 at 10:06 pm

Organic over chemicals any day. Appreciate your thoughts on controlling the Japanese Beetles.
    (Shared)

22. Artemis Hunter on February 13, 2021 at 10:09 pm

Thank you so much for the video, it helped so much!

23. sandra vargas on February 13, 2021 at 10:09 pm

SHORT VERSION ….fruit cocktail fermented for a week in can. Put can in small pail with dish soap and water. Bugs are attracted and drown in soapy water solution. I am going to hang a small bucket in a tree so dogs/pets won’t get into it.

24. Margaret Chabot on February 13, 2021 at 10:09 pm

I’ve got to try this

25. Walt Leon on February 13, 2021 at 10:12 pm

Do beetle bug traps work?

26. Ronald Nocita on February 13, 2021 at 10:12 pm

Used neem oil with very little luck. Using bag-a-bug now but too early to tell. Those pesky beetles love my butterfly bush and burning bush.

27. George Blank on February 13, 2021 at 10:15 pm

Why contact you when you made a 10-minute video……Just give us the instruction. I feel like this was a waste of my time​.

28. Bilge Karakas Diker on February 13, 2021 at 10:17 pm

What if the oil kills bees and butterflies too?

29. 57 RED ROOSTER on February 13, 2021 at 10:17 pm

I have been following your other channel for awhile… Til you brought it up a week couple weeks ago I didn’t know you were here… I’m a farmer and I know a lot of stuff chemical wise for weed control and bug control but I have to admit I’m learning from you… Yes I have been binge watching this channel the last couple days now… Lol… Can’t help it… I may be 61 years old but I still learn daily from people like you and YouTube… Thanks for all the tips Rebel…

30. handi camper on February 13, 2021 at 10:17 pm

Awesome!! Any tips on getting rid of those pesky wood bore bees?

31. Deb Voltolina on February 13, 2021 at 10:20 pm

I have two acres of lawn how much milky spore would it take to cover that much? Ives seen it in the stores and it’s quite expensive

32. Tanky on February 13, 2021 at 10:20 pm

I dont like those kinds of beetles

33. katherine lynn Halvorson on February 13, 2021 at 10:21 pm

I have them in my apartment

34. goldenpopcorn on February 13, 2021 at 10:22 pm

That’s my biggest problem in my backyard.

35. qin ling on February 13, 2021 at 10:24 pm

you talk so many rubbish, wasting my time, 2 minutes footage is enough!

36. Frank Davidson on February 13, 2021 at 10:25 pm

i dont know what you used i did not watch the whole film i come in late but i have used malathon spray it works

37. MB Hanson on February 13, 2021 at 10:25 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to create this video and share this information. I have a major JB war going on in my yard. You’ve given me the tools to fight them. Thank you.

38. star legend on February 13, 2021 at 10:29 pm

I have a pet of beetle i search what is the food of beetle and i see this 🙁

39. Bill Barrett on February 13, 2021 at 10:30 pm

great video

40. Army Guy on February 13, 2021 at 10:31 pm

Have you ever tried to use wood vinegar as a natural pesticide? It is a natural pesticide popular in Asia but not in North America. I never used it but I am curious

41. Brenda Moxley on February 13, 2021 at 10:32 pm

I don’t quite understand using the fruit cocktail. I understand fermenting fruit cocktail & filling a bucket with water with baby shampoo. But exactly how do you set it up? You mentioned a brick. Do you set the fruit cocktail on a brick in the bucket? I am assuming you don’t put the fruit cocktail in the water.
    Also, what else is attracted to the fermented fruit cocktail?

42. Bernie Sully on February 13, 2021 at 10:33 pm

They are a big problem with my plants in Wisconsin

43. A H on February 13, 2021 at 10:34 pm

Its truly devastating to see the damage.

44. Carol Mary on February 13, 2021 at 10:37 pm

Need to focus and try to stay on point.

45. Renee Szostak on February 13, 2021 at 10:38 pm

Thanks for the tips! Would this work with any type of canned fruit? Or does it have to specifically be fruit cocktail?

46. Carolyn Qammaz PA. on February 13, 2021 at 10:40 pm

Milky spor???

47. David H. on February 13, 2021 at 10:40 pm

They love my banana tree leaves