How to Test the Purity of Essential Oils

Have you ever questioned the purity of your essential oils? Maybe your new to oils and a little skeptic! You should be. Essential oils can produce amazing results but only if they truly are pure essential oils. This is the process of testing purity of essential oils. Maybe I’ll answer some lingering questions of why this is important!

1. Mothermoon on June 22, 2021 at 7:45 pm

What if you hold the paper up to a light. If you can see a difference is it debuted?

2. S on June 22, 2021 at 7:58 pm

It helped me to check purity of essential oil that I received from amazon.in. thank you so much.

3. Jacky Jack on June 22, 2021 at 8:00 pm

Most oils sold are fake. Go to the companies site to buy oils and look for GCMS report. See video called Scamazon by Dr. Pappas. Most essential oils are fake and their tests are fake. I’ve been buying fake oils and spending hundreds! OMG!

4. King Leon on June 22, 2021 at 8:05 pm

I mixed my essential oils but then I did the test on the mixed one .. and I got big dark spot .. does it count? or I should do on unmixed one?

5. Ria's Reveals on June 22, 2021 at 8:12 pm

Young living has been found to have adulrations in some, of their oils. Comsumeradvocates. Org has good info

6. Eric Johnson on June 22, 2021 at 8:13 pm

How long have you been with YL? I am hoping that your sharing this because this is what you have been taught I’m hoping your not one of those just trying to put info out there. So when comparing oils you have to be comparing the same oils, these are 2 different blends they don’t have exactly the same ingredients. The spot test is only for certain oils like Lavender. The Chill Pill has Patchouli in it which is a very yellow viscous oil, viscous oils tend to leave spots behind but even thin oils like Clary Sage will leave spots behind. So on to purity-100% pure unadulterated oils seed to seal, YL will not release their gcms test- that is a big red flag, that shows they have something to hide if it is pure then they should be proud of that and show it off as a testament of quality. One rep. said they don’t disclose them because then other companies could replicate theirs to look legit, if you think about it how is that possible because if it’s pure and natural their test would show up exactly as the plants chemistry dictates you can’t change the plants chemistry unless you altered it. People have actually had their oils sent from YL directly to a gcms test facility and they failed-YL always shuts them down though you can still see some of them online. But let’s say even if all their gcms test reports were still good in a lot of their blends like Valor have the essential oils BUT the very first ingredient on the list (meaning the ingredient used at the highest amount) is Caprylic/capric triglyceride! That is coconut oil mixed with glycerin! So your with paying $41.25 wholesale or $54.28 retail for a very tiny 5ml bottle of coconut oil & glycerin with some EO’s in there- that’s crazy! At Plant Therapy you can get the equivalent called Self Esteem for $39.95 in a…30ml bottle! That would be 6 bottles meaning you would have paid $247.50 or $325.68!! And! Plant Therapy is pure EO’s no Caprylic/capric triglyceride in them. Please look in to information from Leah Jacobson a leader in EO safety (certified aromatherapy) it will blow your mind at what all YL is feeding people. This isn’t to put you down at all but everyone really needs to know the truth coming from certified aromatherapist.

7. Yazeed Abutouq on June 22, 2021 at 8:16 pm

You are asking ppl to reach out for advices, and not even answering the comments below!

8. Shawnna Reynolds on June 22, 2021 at 8:37 pm

What if it took longer then an hour? Mine took longer then an hour I used lemon and I think 2 hours later it completely disappeared.