I quit doTERRA and WHY | Leaving the MLM

Follow up: https://youtu.be/tQ7UaPZZpQw

For the curious ones who read the descriptions

Genetically Modified Skeptic relevant videos:

“This is Why MLMs Get Called Cults” – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeDHHt26ibQ
“Dangerous Posts in Essential Oils Facebook” – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN1yCWO22H0

I don’t care how high quality the products are.
1. You’re not a doctor. Stop giving protocols to sick people.
2. They are wildly overpriced regardless of their quality.

I made this video to admit I made a mistake. I know what it would have taken to be successful but I won’t break the law or prey on desperation. Essential oils have their place in my life but I refuse to support a company that is full of ignorant sales people disguised as wellness experts.

Side note, I didn’t buy all those. 🤷‍♀️

Theres so much more I can say on each subject but for the sake of time I didn’t. Feel free to reach out to me for a discussion.

If you have a friend or family member you want to help get out of an MLM my best advice is to stay by their side and do NOT buy anything from them. They won’t stay in it forever.

Consider donating to the Austin Rescue Zoo. Their mission: to assist animals in need through rescue, rehabilitation and education.

Located on the southwest edge of Austin, Texas, Austin Zoo draws visitors from around the world to learn about our rescued animals and spend quality time outdoors in the Texas Hill Country.

Click this link to visit their webpage and click the green box to donate!! You’re saving those beautiful animals and doing a good thing ❤️

1. Lucio Rodriguez on August 19, 2020 at 10:25 pm

That’s why I go plant therapy brand, good brand affordable price for more volume, no other brand for me

2. Donna Freeman on August 19, 2020 at 10:26 pm

My jaw dropped open with the second drawer…. there’s more!

3. Pustiu Sorinel on August 19, 2020 at 10:27 pm

so they ask you to sell overprice that you can pay yourself the money and at the end they just have their stuff sold and alot of money

4. Lamb Gaming on August 19, 2020 at 10:28 pm

Honestly I hate MLM.. but I own clothing from that 1 MLM clothing brand.

5. Emma :D on August 19, 2020 at 10:28 pm

My mom’s friend’s friend had one of those parties where you learn about do-terra. I went with her. All it is was 3 hours of how these essential oils work, how to buy them, and making a sugar scrub with a drop of oil in it. During this whole thing, she brought out some oils for us to try and some samples. I still have them. Yes, the essential oils are fine themselves, but personally I think they are the same as any other oil. It’s fine to sell something like this, but making false claims to sell your product isn’t right. She brought out a catalogue during the party with the prices on them, and boy, they were EXPENSIVE!!!! A bottle could cost anywhere from 45-100$, and the packages cost up to 300$! I asked about the prices and she said they were completely pure and that’s why they are soooo expensive. I never bought any. Her false claims were hilarious. Apparently her daughter has adhd and essential oils “calms her down” and mint essential oil cleared up her ear infection. Apparently she hasn’t been to the doctors office in 2 years. THATS NOT OK! GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!!!!!

6. Come n Earn on August 19, 2020 at 10:28 pm

Hello Madam . Plz WhatsApps me your contact no +971 54702 7023

7. Lori Fahy Art on August 19, 2020 at 10:28 pm

I have friends in doterra. You are right, they cant stop talking about the essential oils. Dont get me wrong, I love essential oils and I do find that some of the products, even the doterra ones are great. BUT!
    The system is a cult. I feel like every time this one friend who is heavily into doterra, is trying to bully me into getting into doterra. I have fibromyalgia, and have no thyroid, and I swear she seems to think I can just quit my medication and do oils every day. For a start, i cant afford to do that!
    It infuriates me.. and I welcome her to the NFC which is where a lot of them end up
    NFC for those that arent sure isnt MLM. lol

8. Odette Quintanilla on August 19, 2020 at 10:29 pm

You should keep them and use them ❤️

9. Entropy on August 19, 2020 at 10:34 pm

My son has ADHD and one of his grade school teachers wanted to use some DT or YL essential oil on him at school to help him focus. I didn’t figure it would work, but thought what the heck. After about a month she started trying to sell me some, saying that it wasn’t working because I wasn’t using it at home, too. She kept putting it on his feet, so his socks had to be thrown away because after a month, the smell would not come out in the wash. To this day, he hates any strong EO smell because it reminds him of being in her class.

10. Teresa Carr on August 19, 2020 at 10:38 pm

Hello, I’m a journalist working on a story about MLMs and essential oils for a women’s wellness magazine. I would love to talk to you (or other former distributors) about your experience and advice. You can reach me at teresa@woodtx.com

11. Al shep on August 19, 2020 at 10:39 pm

problem doctors are not trained in national remines

12. Gillian Taganas on August 19, 2020 at 10:40 pm

you should have just sold them on eBay… lol

13. hidysophie2181 on August 19, 2020 at 10:41 pm

I wonder why you’re not going to use the oils anymore? I understand the disappointing of the company/Corp. But are the oils bad too? It would be nice if you can let us know. I see you have thousands of dollars invested, why not use them?

14. Marielle on August 19, 2020 at 10:43 pm

My mom buys from doTerra and I don’t know what to tell her. She won’t believe me when I’ve researched and told her about this.

15. Mums Stronger Together on August 19, 2020 at 10:43 pm

Thank you for your honest video. I’m sure it reaches just the right people who dislike MLM, doTERRA, all natural essential oils etc. I’m sure there’s place for that. But, for me personally, most of all, it shows your failure to succeed. Why would you share it with the whole world just like that? It shows your weakness, lack of objectivity and inability of taking the right decisions. I’ve been with doTERRA for a while and I do not lie to anybody! I’m not a doctor and I never give any advice! I’m sorry to say, but your generalisations are not ok. You deliver a picture that is not quite honest. Where I agree with one thing or two you say, your black& white approach I cannot accept. If you put a video out there just like that, for whatever reason you are being disappointed, just try to be objective. I’ve got a lot of support at doTERRA, I got out of my job, replaced my salary within relatively short time (for me) of about 8 months (Silver). The oils are great, I’ve never heard anybody complaining and I’m still not sure WHY you’ve accumulated so many bottles??? All I can say, something went massively wrong, that’s for sure, but I don’t think it has to do with doTERRA as such. Don’t you agree? General advice I follow if I’m upset or angry, get some rest, relax, get a perspective and share someting that not only will attract like-minded haters. The reason for your failure is not doTERRA or its compensation plan, it’s you, sorry for being bold. Spread out positivity, I’m sure it will be only good for your brand. Really sorry for being bold, but thats how I see it. Good luck.

16. Jessica Zoubek on August 19, 2020 at 10:44 pm

I will say..I bought their chewable tablets for upset stomachs and it helped…100 tablets was like 13.00?

17. EnD_botboi on August 19, 2020 at 10:44 pm

Tbh I’m here cuz of r/chooseingbeggers

18. Deanna Lail on August 19, 2020 at 10:45 pm

You had me when you were 1st talking about the business side I get that but then when you started talking about the personal side I can tell you that there are 2 sides to every story and more people would maybe listen to you if you would have left out the beer drinking side of your story I believe everyone has a right to there own choice but if your not happy with the business you’re in for sure get out best wishes for your future job

19. Harrison Baker on August 19, 2020 at 10:45 pm

such a shame , they are turning herbs and oils into such a scam… putting a bad name to what is actually very effective and miraculous holistic treatments

20. Andrea Martínez on August 19, 2020 at 10:49 pm

The Sephora example isn’t right, because their marketing strategy isn’t word of mouth. They spend money in traditional marketing and they don’t need you bring people to be known (but in fact you can recommend sephora to a friend and nobody will tell you is MLM scam)

21. gaily1980 on August 19, 2020 at 10:49 pm

Thank you for your honesty and sharing your experience xx

22. Odette Quintanilla on August 19, 2020 at 10:52 pm

Are you selling those?

23. Eric Johnson on August 19, 2020 at 10:57 pm

Go you! Btw Plant Therapy has equally as good or better quality, is an amazing company… and the cost compared to MLM companies would make you laugh, so, so much cheaper with out the crap! 🙂

24. Jaimie Tollers on August 19, 2020 at 10:57 pm

I’m sorry that you had really bad leadership

25. Linda Davis on August 19, 2020 at 10:57 pm

Honestly it just sounds like you had a bad upline, lack of support & lack of interest to be a business leader & that’s totally fine!! DoTERRA works for some & not for others but it always works if you work the business!! The oils have done amazing things for me when doctors couldn’t fix my issue so personally I love & use both medication & oils for different issues. No harm in having both imo

26. SARA ECKERT on August 19, 2020 at 10:58 pm

actually, if you go on DoTERRA’s website you can find some health and safety tips. It’s really helpful! I personally love doTERRA and would never back down.

27. keanu tupaea on August 19, 2020 at 11:01 pm

I dont use essential oils religiously, il use them once in a blue moon but thats it. The reason is bcos i believe that doing things in moderation gives us the time to know whats good for you and what isnt.

Now doctors and modern medicine isnt natural we all know that just like essentianl oils cant be 100% natural because on mass you somehow have to expand it in other ways due to high supply and demand.

The reality is we need begin to listen to our body’s instead of being mislead or stop depending on others cos u dont wanna take responsibility for your own well-being.

However you look after you is your choice but understand that there is no magic pill or oil to life, all we can do is learn from our mistakes and continue to love ousrselves that we may love one another better.

28. Nika N on August 19, 2020 at 11:02 pm

Are you still getting paid from doTerra?

29. marilyn toledo on August 19, 2020 at 11:02 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience,some people offer me and ConVince me

30. Lady Diane Turner on August 19, 2020 at 11:03 pm

Wow! I hear you, my concern is…do the products really work from your 5 year experience?

31. Marielle on August 19, 2020 at 11:05 pm

Can you put essential oils in water? Cuz my mom does that too. She ours it in her food too.

32. Mey Coi on August 19, 2020 at 11:06 pm

In my opinion, I think it can help with minor things like headaches and stuff, but you shouldn’t let it replace modern medication

33. T Hill on August 19, 2020 at 11:11 pm

Sounds like you were getting played all the way around!! You up line wasn’t the best.

34. Calvin Barajas on August 19, 2020 at 11:11 pm

Thank you for this video.

35. dave smith on August 19, 2020 at 11:11 pm

just seen a advert to above your video to get doterra oil on amazon , wonder who,s team amazon in ? lol

36. Jennifer Spiller on August 19, 2020 at 11:11 pm

Thanks for sharing. What company do you buy your oils from now? I’m assuming you still love essential oils

37. Jan Tustin on August 19, 2020 at 11:12 pm

It does sound like a cult. I heard some of the same things when I got tricked into going to a Scientology meeting!

38. A M on August 19, 2020 at 11:13 pm

I’ll take some

39. Nicole Kirksey on August 19, 2020 at 11:15 pm

I sure would love to have all those oils

40. Salinas Juncos on August 19, 2020 at 11:20 pm

Hello , are you still wanting to get rid of the other bottles that you mentioned at the end of this video"?

41. Starshooter on August 19, 2020 at 11:20 pm

rip my is losing her job and doterra her only way or getting money right now, she is so busy she never gets any sleep

42. Naturally Love on August 19, 2020 at 11:20 pm

I wish I had your collection

43. sdmcdiva69 on August 19, 2020 at 11:21 pm

I’ve been with other MLMs and I’m sure you spent the money to get the scripts. The only thing I can tell you is MLMs and Direct Selling companies aren’t bad, I think you were just in the wrong one. If you would like to see another company, because obviously you believed in it when you started, reach out to me. I’d love to explain my product, my company and how those scripts can help you with this company. I also help people side by side to get to 100k. After that, I feel you can do this and I’ll still be here for help, but I figure you know what you’re doing. Not all companies are bad, you were just in the wrong one.

44. Nikki Alexander Ziebell on August 19, 2020 at 11:24 pm

Wow I’m so sorry you had such a bad experience. It sounds like you were on a bad team that didn’t care about you or the big picture. It’s embarrassing to know there are people out there representing this amazing company like that. Did you find that the oils didn’t support you in anyway? Just confused why you would get rid of them instead of using them?