Know YOUR Weeds! ****Foraging Tip****

Wanda gives you another foraging tip, Know YOUR Weeds. Information. It is all about research. Find some good books that will help you identify the plants and trees in your area.
To order any of the books in the video, go to our website
www.deepsouthhomestead.com and click on any book and you can order the ones in this video through that link.

*****To order DSH T shirts and caps:

*****Cooking Southern Style with Deep South Homestead cookbook ***** Sweet Potato Manuel to order www.etsy.com/shop/deepsouthhomestead

***RV wish list on amazon:

How to contact Deep South Homestead
P O Box 462
Wiggins, MS 39577
email: wankingdan20@gmail.com
website: deepsouthhomestead.com
email: info@deepsouthhomestead.com

Check us out on Facebook, Instagram, and Pintrest

Amazon affiliate link: http://amzn.to/2kwUu6h (Use this link at no extra charge and we get a small credit)

*****Paypal account: wankingdan20@gmail.com (If you wish to support projects on our homestead, use this account)

Greenhouse panels from ONDULINE North America : www.tufftexpanel.com

HOSS TOOL affiliate link:

Also check out our Bible channel ALL GOD’S CHILDREN

#deepsouthhomestead
#homestead
#offgrid
#solar
#rv
#rvremodel
#frugal
#bushcrafting
#porchtime

1. Lynda Ennis on January 14, 2021 at 1:15 am

Great video, thank you Wanda.

2. 1new-man on January 14, 2021 at 1:15 am

The dandelion (root) is most powerful. Mix with the stems & leaf.
     dig up rinse & dry. place on a cookie sheet (low warm oven setting)
    or place out in the sunshine.cut them into pieces when ready to steep.
    GBY

3. jamie cumbridge on January 14, 2021 at 1:18 am

Dandelion root is good for healing the liver as well

4. Sand Hollow Homestead on January 14, 2021 at 1:18 am

Good point Wanda! When in doubt, leave it out! Your research is to be admired. Seems it’s easy to forget much when you haven’t been picking for years. Thanks! Hope you do more!

5. Freedom Farms on January 14, 2021 at 1:19 am

where do u find a herbalist ?

6. fozzie prepper on January 14, 2021 at 1:19 am

Another awesome video. God does provide if we just know where to look.

7. Sam Finn on January 14, 2021 at 1:21 am

8. Maureen L on January 14, 2021 at 1:21 am

Miss Wanda: to keep your body pH balanced you can use baking soda if you have a sinus infection take a half teaspoon of baking soda resolved in a cup of water and drink it fast. the sinus infection may clear up in minutes.

9. Jeffrey Weeks on January 14, 2021 at 1:23 am

The dandelion looking plant in my yard in N Mississippi flower looks close to yours but the green leaf part is rounded at the end and the blade is about 1/2 inch in measurement. Hope you all had a great resurrection weekend!

10. Belinda Charpentier on January 14, 2021 at 1:23 am

Look up tea from mulberry leaves. It lowers blood sugar and blood pressure. You have tons of mulberry leaves to dry.

11. Beverly Garnes on January 14, 2021 at 1:24 am

How do you prepare the passion flower? It grows here too.

12. Coffeetime aka Nancy Briggs on January 14, 2021 at 1:26 am

Do you have gooseberries?

13. Jannie Vaught on January 14, 2021 at 1:27 am

yes purple flower feathery leaves vetch. ground cover and nitrogen making. blackberry leaves good for mom.s. get a good identifacatin book with photographs . there are books for various areas geography. dandelion is the first herb you learn in herology. brought here. and good for liver. dandy lion! fyi we lose stomach acid after age 30. so support is needed for digestion. and Rosemary Gladstars books are sound and very available she teaches on utube. mountain rose herbs. weeds will save us!!

14. Angel Mann on January 14, 2021 at 1:28 am

Excellent job. Please do more of these. Passion flowers?

15. Shelley Kienel on January 14, 2021 at 1:29 am

Very informative. Thank you

16. theIAMofME on January 14, 2021 at 1:29 am

That fern looking weed with the purple flowers is Vetch. It’s an invasive weed. BUT, it’s edible and supposedly good for chickens.

17. Heather GoinBatty on January 14, 2021 at 1:31 am

Miss Wanda, you are such a wealth of information! you have inspired me and I’ve been trying to find more books and information on the plants in my yard.

18. SouthernLadyWithManyHats on January 14, 2021 at 1:37 am

Me to on wanting to learn about the weeds. I know Ms.Virginia in Wiggins knows about all of this but I only know her through FB. I do a dandelion tea from the roots. lol We have some of the same books.

19. Poodle Daddles on January 14, 2021 at 1:40 am

loved the video

20. Cynthia Carroll on January 14, 2021 at 1:43 am

thank you….and so glad you are feeling better….that was a very informative video…but still lost when it comes to what’s in the yard to eat

21. Cassandra S on January 14, 2021 at 1:43 am

Thanks for all the great information Wanda! You’re a blessing to us! Edited to add: I searched Amazon, and there are several metal tea infusers/steepers that are similar to the one you have that people could use for the same purpose. Not exactly the same, but would be used in the same capacity. Hope that helps someone!

22. Sandy Sledge on January 14, 2021 at 1:44 am

Wishing you a blessed Easter.

23. Jean OConnor on January 14, 2021 at 1:44 am

Are you picking dewberries?

24. StayEncouraged on January 14, 2021 at 1:44 am

nice video

25. Amanda Foreman on January 14, 2021 at 1:45 am

Happy Easter Wanda! You are so knowledgeable! I so enjoy watching you! Have a blessed day

26. RSJ-Texas on January 14, 2021 at 1:45 am

Happy Resurrection Day!!!

27. April Sutterfield on January 14, 2021 at 1:45 am

Happy Easter! God bless you and keep you. May He make His face shine upon you.

28. Jannie Vaught on January 14, 2021 at 1:48 am

Wanda you will really like HChrisH200 Haphazaed Homestead. I think you two would be fast friends.

29. PeeWee S on January 14, 2021 at 1:48 am

I take 1quart baggies with me so I can keep things seperated in my bucket.

30. purpguy69 on January 14, 2021 at 1:49 am

I use the dandelion root for tea, very effective cleanse.

31. Suzanne Davis on January 14, 2021 at 1:50 am

Great info…I had no idea dandelions look different in different parts of the country.

32. Debbie Bragg on January 14, 2021 at 1:50 am

Good information.

33. Julie Schossow on January 14, 2021 at 1:51 am

Blessings for a Happy Easter!

34. Cheryl Miller on January 14, 2021 at 1:51 am

I enjoyed this wanda…very informative.

35. Beverly Garnes on January 14, 2021 at 1:52 am

Happy Easter to the two of you!

36. Anna Hitchcock on January 14, 2021 at 1:52 am

Just so happened I was just outside with a neighbor talking about Dandelions. I see a few out front in my yard. I think I will brew me a cup! Thanks! Planted some Lavender yesterday and going to plant some raspberries and strawberries today. Good in lemonade.

37. bob homestead on January 14, 2021 at 1:53 am

Great video Wanda.In the North we dont have as much as a Ferity.

38. Frederick Nolan on January 14, 2021 at 1:53 am

Check out a someone who does some bushcrafting in your area. He will give you some ideas for what is in your farmland. He will probably barter for his medicine kit bag refill. Check out for a loose tea diffuser in a grocery store.

39. Permaculture Homestead on January 14, 2021 at 1:54 am

your so right about nature knowing what its doing, not to knock danny, but that monoculture of taters is looking sad next to that beautiful polyculture of herbs, veggies and fruits. dandelion, plantain, passiflora and wild dewberry, you got a whole food forest in the making there. we eat that stuff here !

40. Terri Johnson on January 14, 2021 at 1:56 am

I would love more of these videos featuring other weeds. Happy Easter sister in Christ.

41. Glenokla on January 14, 2021 at 1:59 am

Great video Wanda! Happy Easter to both of you!

42. The Simple Life on January 14, 2021 at 2:00 am

Thumbs up. ENJOY… THE SIMPLE LIFE

43. Keith S on January 14, 2021 at 2:05 am

Thank you this is very helpful I’ve made Tea
    Like this A little ginger does wonders in it I love ❤️ Tea I stop drinking coffee and now I drink tea it’s more healthier for me thank you for sharing
    God bless

44. Kellie p-b_FAM on January 14, 2021 at 2:06 am

great video, I love the "Weeds" God’s given us! herbalist at heart for years.

45. 2.67 Acre Homestead on January 14, 2021 at 2:07 am

Happy Easter…Danny and Wanda

46. lisa norwood on January 14, 2021 at 2:08 am

Hi Mrs. Wanda.. really enjoy you and Dannys channel.. good video.. i would love to learn more about herbs and weeds.. can you maybe do a video on the passion flower.. thanks for sharing.. God bless yall and Happy Easter and Thank you Jesus for his love and grace

47. ThatOtherDebra on January 14, 2021 at 2:10 am

Thank you Wanda! Have a blessed day 🙂

48. Lisa Booker on January 14, 2021 at 2:12 am

Another reason why I say you guys are just AWESOME! What you said about having different weeds made me scream HALLELUJAH!! You said, "if you don’t have it, is ôndon’t bother with it!" Whoop! Whoop! Finally!! An honest straightforward push in a good direction. So many channels scare the bejesus out of you making you think you have to grow and know every herb on the planet! What you just said makes more sense and takes some of the fear out of it. Just get out on your property and know what YOU have personally. Know the ins and outs of those things first. Theeeen maybe go to the local park or nature trail or whatever and learn what you have access to there. If you’re never going to be able to see let alone grow say mugwort for instance, WHY BOTHER!! I mean heck if you have time and wanna become an expert herbalist then by all means go for it! In the mean time be smart and work with God gave ya. Plus using the things that are indigenous to your area is better for your health. If you have allergies it will help you build immunities. I’m super grateful for this video. Just the straight forward info alone is priceless but seeing you make the tea and what parts to use is suuuper helpful too. I’m really looking forward to seeing you make more teas. Knowing what parts to use is going to be a huge help.
    Thank you both for all you do. God Bless y’all always. Love you bunches. ~Lisa

49. Oneda Zinn on January 14, 2021 at 2:12 am

It is hard to identify plants! Other sources tell you that dandelion leaves have spikes that point back towards the stems…yet those didn’t lol I love to study herbs but seems like you really have to be an herbalist to know them well. I see variations all the time. I bet someone could make a decent living traveling and identifying forage plants o.-