Lemongrass Oil Benefits And Uses

Learn more about lemongrass oil benefits on DrAxe.com here: https://draxe.com/lemongrass-essential-oil/?utm_campaign=Live-Aug-2017&utm_medium=social&utm_source=youtube&utm_term=lemongrassoil

Lemongrass is an herb that belongs to the grass family Poaceae. Lemongrass oil has a light and fresh lemon smell with earthy undertones. Many consider it stimulating, relaxing, soothing and balancing. The compounds that make up lemongrass essential oil are known to have antifungal, insecticidal, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.

In this episode of Ancient Medicine Today, Jordan Rubin shares lemongrass oil benefits (including helping repel bugs, being a natural fever reducer and more) as well as its uses and important safety precautions. Watch to learn about this citrus essential oil.

Subscribe to my channel for more natural health remedies!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DrJoshAxe/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drjoshaxe/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/draxe/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/drjoshaxe

—————————————————————
Want more? Sign up to get the Dr. Axe Food Is Medicine e-newsletter, sent out a few times a week: https://draxe.com/subscribe-to-newsletter/

*This content is strictly the opinion of Jordan Rubin, and is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a personal physician. All viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Axe nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.

1. Triggerhappy Ranch on September 10, 2020 at 1:37 am

We use it to scent swarm lure traps to add hives in the apiary.

2. Angela Gavin on September 10, 2020 at 1:38 am

Lemongrass safe to diffuse with dogs?

3. SVETLANA on September 10, 2020 at 1:39 am

Excellent

4. Anika Mandal on September 10, 2020 at 1:39 am

U didn’t talk about how to use it or what are the carrier oils for lemongrass essential oil?

5. Isabel Smiles on September 10, 2020 at 1:42 am

Can u do a DIY video on bug repellent.

6. Lourdes Gayas on September 10, 2020 at 1:43 am

7. Mrs. Angela Walker on September 10, 2020 at 1:43 am

Can I diffuse lemongrass oil in my home with cats?

8. Modern Style on September 10, 2020 at 1:44 am

Its use in Africa to treat malaria and now its been proven to treat covic 19 too. If you want to know more how its used, let me know. My dad is a traditional healer and I know what I am talking about.

9. Lisette Guerard on September 10, 2020 at 1:44 am

This video didn’t say much.  They mentioned they would explain later (on this video) about skin health but they didn’t.  Nor do they elaborate a bit about each uses.  However, they do mention, many times, to subscribe to this draxe.com.  This video isn’t very educational but appear to be advertisement for this draxe website.

10. Winter White on September 10, 2020 at 1:47 am

Uh…those onions are STILL called scallions.

11. GManGT on September 10, 2020 at 1:47 am

Wondercide is using it for pet flea tick killer/ repellent

12. Kadamawi Moffett on September 10, 2020 at 1:47 am

We have so much on our farm in Guyana South America

13. stella duru on September 10, 2020 at 1:49 am

Lemongrass is my best essential oil. I use it in soaps and deodorization and it smells heavenly. Thanks for the video.

14. Amber L on September 10, 2020 at 1:51 am

I was wondering which kind of essential oils were safe to diffuse around cats and dogs?

15. Perla Martinez on September 10, 2020 at 1:53 am

I’ve had brain surgery since months of age I am 33 years old and I was diagnosed depression about ten years ago and I am still drinking medication but I’ve been reading and you should not drink for a life time antidepressants I just wonder I still get sometime panic attacks but what can I do to not depend on the medication please I would like to know

16. Elis Garrett on September 10, 2020 at 1:55 am

True smells good and I use on my soaps

17. striplett1976 on September 10, 2020 at 1:56 am

Which brand is the best essential oils to get?

18. Oluwatosin Francis on September 10, 2020 at 1:56 am

How can it be used to fight Candida or Yeasts infection

19. Brad Van Buren on September 10, 2020 at 2:01 am

The video didn’t explain how to use it for skin health

20. Jody Gatlin on September 10, 2020 at 2:03 am

Love your videos! What brand or brands do you trust?

21. Linda D'Orsi on September 10, 2020 at 2:03 am

skip ahead to 1:40

22. Justina Razo on September 10, 2020 at 2:03 am

You 4got gum disease .. I dilute coconut oil w/lemongrass n use it like a mouthwash. It loosens the tarter n plaque

23. Greg blair on September 10, 2020 at 2:04 am

Yea that great am from Clarendon Jamaica planting some now here is my number 18768516916

24. Lourdes Gayas on September 10, 2020 at 2:06 am

Thank you doc for the great info.God bless

25. Wakana Vki Rachel on September 10, 2020 at 2:08 am

My cats eat lemon grass ALL the time!! For the whole summer…. Right to the nubs… I have to bring up these plants so that I can even Grow it to any length. They have Never been affected by them EVER. Why is it said that it is not okay for cats, please? There has Never ever been a problem EXCEPT I can’t grow it without making sure they don’t get at it so that I myself can get to use it.

26. MiaNaomi Post on September 10, 2020 at 2:08 am

It also slows hair shedding and I used it to grow back bald spots from alopecia. Love lemongrass but I’m on hiatus being pregnant. I can’t even stand the smell right now. Lol

27. Evelyn Hernandez on September 10, 2020 at 2:10 am

28. I. Ehrenfest on September 10, 2020 at 2:10 am

Hi! Do you think you could make a video on which oils you should not diffuse if you have dogs?

29. swetha sri on September 10, 2020 at 2:10 am

Hi doctor is that useful for skin wards on fingers….. please reply . Thanks

30. Wakana Vki Rachel on September 10, 2020 at 2:12 am

Did I also not hear that it is good for bruises, and anything to do with muscle fibers and connective tissues? HOW does one apply it thusly for it?

31. peace and love on September 10, 2020 at 2:14 am

Thank you Jordan!!you’re amezing!! I watched your interview on its Supernatural show. That’s awesome! God bless you.

32. donna mcgee on September 10, 2020 at 2:14 am

I make lemon grass tea with the grass itself and it’s wonderful

33. Helena Marques on September 10, 2020 at 2:15 am

Hi, can you do a video on Gilbert Síndrome?

34. QueenWeezy™ on September 10, 2020 at 2:17 am

It smells like tea to me.. I just bought t and smelled it for the first time and I like it.. it’s one of the only ones that I’ve used, where the smell sticks around for a while

35. Adam Blumer on September 10, 2020 at 2:20 am

Not much here on how to use it other than to rub it on my hands and sniff it. Will it burn me without a carrier oil? Very possibly. Doesn’t it help with muscle aches? If so, do I apply it directly to sore muscles? This one was a bit lacking on practical uses.

36. Offgrid Life on September 10, 2020 at 2:21 am

lemongrass oil deluded spray repel cats

37. fu aad xuseen on September 10, 2020 at 2:22 am

I have a cat what do I do if I wanted to lemongrass essential oil

38. Mrs Philo on September 10, 2020 at 2:22 am

Hi, I am a new subscriber to your channel. plz tell me what is Lemon myrtle essential oil an its uses?

39. Patricia white on September 10, 2020 at 2:24 am

I wish they would take a few minutes to tell us how to mix these oils and with what in each of their essential oil videos.

40. Dre World on September 10, 2020 at 2:25 am

awesome

41. karysg on September 10, 2020 at 2:26 am

its not a citrus

42. 888,888_ fiery_mercaba on September 10, 2020 at 2:27 am

Jordan Rubin, how is Dr. Josh Axe, in that you are doing the presentation?
    Also, at "3:08," you said "….not recommended for children….," but how young are you talking about? My maternal grandmother, who was definitely very much into naturopathy, used to give me lemon grass tea to drink when I was a boy. Can you elaborate? Thanks in advance.

43. Robin Rose on September 10, 2020 at 2:28 am

What brands do you recommend?

44. Bea Mosh on September 10, 2020 at 2:30 am

We test it each and every day. We give to the people in town. It works wonders

45. tg76 on September 10, 2020 at 2:36 am

Do not use Lemongrass essential oil neat on skin as it is highly sensitising and can cause allergic or adverse reactions in those with sensitve skins. Always dilute in a base oil of your preference first, e.g. sweet almond, grapeseed, coconut etc, then add 1 to 3 drops of the essential oil and mix together before use. If you’re not sure about skin sensitivity, just start with 1 drop per 5ml of base oil first to be safe. I’m a qualified aromatherapist btw.