Managing Rheumatoid Arthritis and all aspects of health | Britt Ringstrom | TEDxUMN

In her talk, Britt Ringstrom takes us on a journey where we learn about how she and several others have learned from their struggles.

Britt Ringstrom has built both her career and her life around strength, exercise and movement. An athlete throughout high school and college, Ringstrom’s performance on the ice and the field– not to mention her ability to back squat 400lbs– mark her as nothing less than the epitome of power and performance; however, Ringstrom is no stranger to the challenges of disease as well as mental and physical setback. After struggling with severely swollen joints and all-consuming fatigue, Ringstrom was diagnosed with Junior Rheumatoid Arthritis mid-way through her college career. Betrayed by her body, Ringstrom was forced to modify her lifestyle in order to continue to pursue her passion. In the process, however, Ringstrom has been able to bring her love of action, commitment to health and unique perspective to movement’s special populations, including elderly individuals facing similar physical obstacles and young girls attempting to find their place in athletics.

This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community. Learn more at http://ted.com/tedx

1. john johny on September 7, 2020 at 1:27 am

I felt all these symptoms, until my parents purchased the special course for me that really works. It was back2lifeagain website. It has really helped me a lot. I’m recommending it bcz I almost don’t feel any pain now

2. Rheumatoid Arthritis Eliminators on September 7, 2020 at 1:28 am

Medical research reports published by the US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, mention a mycoplasma bacterial connection to Rheumatoid Arthritis.

3. marija on September 7, 2020 at 1:29 am

Wrong title

4. Suhasini P Hosur on September 7, 2020 at 1:29 am

Got motivated thank u Britt Ringstrom

5. Elvira Gomez on September 7, 2020 at 1:30 am

This reminded me of me when I had just given birth to my baby boy and I was 20yrs old, that I was crawling to the kitchen to warm up his formula, now I’m 38 and this is causing me severe fatigue and I’m not able to WORK which is what depresses me the most!!
    I just now discovered the Ketogenic diet and I’m noticing significant much less inflammation and for me, less lower back pain,ankle and especially elbow stiffness and pain!!
    Continue to look for what work best for your body and not , what works for others, get ideas from them but, you are different and you are build different too.

6. shagufta sheikh on September 7, 2020 at 1:31 am

I have great Love for you for making a challenging journey to be front of the world encouraging others to work on yourselves and keep moving forward to face ever comes your way. Bless you again and again.

7. lolwerehere on September 7, 2020 at 1:36 am

who else came here just to see her muscles?

8. Wissam Boustaji on September 7, 2020 at 1:36 am

I find that changing where you live helps A LOT in curing joint pain. The pain disappears in the mountains, becomes the worst in humid and/or cold climates. I also find that it is crucial to keep your bladder empty all night. Also avoid dairy and meat stock, red meat in general.

9. kenny ross on September 7, 2020 at 1:38 am

Who’s that guy?

10. shagufta sheikh on September 7, 2020 at 1:39 am

You are angel on earth helping others to live their lives. I can not thank you enough. Bless you for being so truthful and open about how you made it and now how others can do too.

11. Siyabonga Ngcobo on September 7, 2020 at 1:42 am

12:36 get’s to the point of the title.

12. Thomas Gronek on September 7, 2020 at 1:43 am

The cause is known

13. Saturn Reign on September 7, 2020 at 1:45 am

Amazing informative speech! I aspire to be strong and driven like her!

14. BadgerBotherer1 on September 7, 2020 at 1:45 am

I had rheumatoid arthritis in my hands and wrists, which gradually came on over several years until my knuckles were red and swollen and painful and my hands (mainly my left) swift and not very mobile. My grandma had it, and I just thought I was inheriting her condition genetically. I also had other symptoms of coeliac disease, so I decided to try a gluten-free diet. Within three weeks, the arthritis completely went away, and I felt generally better than I had for about twenty years. The arthritis has stayed away ever since, although I get hints of it returning when I occasionally lapse from my gluten-free lifestyle. I assume it won’t work for everyone, but definitely trying a gluten-free diet if you have rheumatoid arthritis.

15. Ida Hansson on September 7, 2020 at 1:46 am

YEAY! Girly Tomboy. First time I ehard somone else mention this.. eh.. phenomonon. Me and my sister are very boyish in the sence that we are feisty, but we bouth like to dress and act really girly. Acting as not in being but acting.

16. rosemary tennant on September 7, 2020 at 1:47 am

Thank you Britt.
    Seeing you looking so splendid, confident, fit and strong while managing this disease is exactly what I wish I had seen when I was first diagnosed with RA – because when I first went looking (following my diagnosis) for helpful information, it all looked very depressing and my future seemed dire.
    I understand the concerns below about unsubstantiated "fixes" for the disease – the causes of which nobody really yet understands – but think that you acknowledge the assistance you have been receiving from medication and I take some heart from your recommendation for each of us to look at our health in a 360 degree way and work on the areas of our total life (not just joints and pain) that we feel need to be attended to.
    I love your talk.

17. Muh L on September 7, 2020 at 1:47 am

thank you for sharing your story. I thought that I am so young and developed RA, started thinking of myself that I am finished now I see a ray of hope.

18. Srinu Emani on September 7, 2020 at 1:52 am

19. Katie McD on September 7, 2020 at 1:53 am

Britt!! Remember me? Katie D? So crazy I came across this video looking up auto immune disorders! <3’d "If it didn’t have a mother, if it didn’t come from the ground, don’t eat it"…AMEN! You look amazing!

20. B Rad on September 7, 2020 at 2:00 am

“Comparison is the thief of joy.” Powerful.

21. UNDER GRACE on September 7, 2020 at 2:00 am

I don’t understand, she claims we should shop at outer perimeter of grocery store and mentions "produce and meats", shortly after, she says,
    "if it doesn’t have a mother than eat it," Isn’t that contradictory?

22. nirali joshi on September 7, 2020 at 2:03 am

We don’t what exact cause… So disappointed..

23. Di Dinx on September 7, 2020 at 2:07 am

Too much about other things and not enough on RA.

24. evgeny s on September 7, 2020 at 2:09 am

Interesting lecture !
    She looks awful, sorry.

25. Detra Ed on September 7, 2020 at 2:09 am

u go girl!

26. Javaria Abbas on September 7, 2020 at 2:09 am

i have RA since i was 17 year old..it has changed my life…it has ruined me..i am always in pain ..but i dont take meds..bcz of the side effects…i want to heal without medecines

27. JAC JAC on September 7, 2020 at 2:11 am

This actually helped me alot! RA is hereditary in my family. My grandma has it, my aunt has it, I have it, and no doubt if I have children someday some of them might have it. I was diagnosed with RA when I began 8th grade. I’ve had my ups and downs with the disease but I never felt so in pain until now. I am now 19 years old and I can never sleep well at night because my whole body is in pain. I did it to myself because of my recklessness. It angers me that I can’t eat whatever I want and have to have limits on myself. I plan to beat this naturally.

28. Gunk MasterFlex on September 7, 2020 at 2:12 am

Jesus…. you barely spoke about it and when you did it was at the last minute.

29. Winnie on September 7, 2020 at 2:13 am

Really would have liked to hear more of what you did about the rheumatoid arthritis.

30. Aida Zukic on September 7, 2020 at 2:13 am

try Moringa ( "My arthritis cure" video). cut off refined sugars and saturated fats, dairy, wheat, alcohol, meat. do intermittent fasting. work on gut health (though lots of vegetables and avoiding bad food, might get it balanced). get back to nature, move, socialize, laugh, cut off bad thoughts (forgive others and yourself, love yourself). find a purpose, do what makes you happy. keep getting out of the comfort zone. get stronger muscles through whatever you can do – step by step. do breathing exercises, meditate if you can. passiveness and feeling/behaving like a victim, anger and rumination – immobilizes us and attacks our own bodies. it is not easy, but there is a way to heal!

31. PAPA CHOUDHARY on September 7, 2020 at 2:15 am

Thanks!

32. Sarwa Azeez on September 7, 2020 at 2:15 am

Most inspiring video ever ❤️

33. mr snoop on September 7, 2020 at 2:15 am

ew

34. Lyt toon world on September 7, 2020 at 2:16 am

Hey…we all know dat telk us smthing new!

35. Nadia on September 7, 2020 at 2:17 am

I have RA and I’m 16 I was diagnosed when I was 13

36. Dominic Tayler on September 7, 2020 at 2:17 am

I cannot say home much I love this arthritis treatment method “Rοngοdο Ruzο” (Google it) product. It will take out the pain and discomfort from my several years old arthritic hands and joints. I use it frequently, not always daily depending on how my joints feel, but I liberally spread this on my fingers and hands and within an hour they`re feeling much better. .

37. Jose placencia on September 7, 2020 at 2:18 am

Kudos for the video content! Sorry for chiming in, I would appreciate your opinion. Have you ever tried – Schallingora Complete Resetting Scheme (search on google)? It is an awesome exclusive guide for curing arthritis without the headache. Ive heard some interesting things about it and my friend Sam at last got excellent success with it.

38. Dorothee Mages on September 7, 2020 at 2:18 am

she is very wrong on what she recommends on the food spectrum!

39. Manuel Peterson on September 7, 2020 at 2:19 am

Managing arthritis is simply some thing my husband and I believed we would need to learn how to accept. That was before we tried the arthritis treatment method “Rοngοdο Ruzο” (Google it). This method is, by far, the best thing we`ve ever found for aches and pains, both minor and serious. .

40. shagufta sheikh on September 7, 2020 at 2:19 am

You are amazing individual. Amazing, amazing video.

41. shagufta sheikh on September 7, 2020 at 2:21 am

Great information. Helps a million to relax and open up to lead a near normal life. Your video is extremely empowering. Thank you soooo much. Bless you.

42. tanseygreen on September 7, 2020 at 2:22 am

It’s all about the gut. No sugar and no High carb foods and most of all NO ANIMAL PRODUCTS

43. s k on September 7, 2020 at 2:23 am

Dear all who are going through this disease, please search "vaat yoga ramdev". There are many testimonies where this genetic disease has been reverted. Nutrition food as per ur blood group are helpfull.

Ted talk is good but only 25% data is on RA.

Please do yoga and have ayurvedic panchkarma to remove access Vaata(air) from our body to avoid these. do not go for aloepathic, this will make u more sick.

44. Robert Khatchatourian on September 7, 2020 at 2:23 am

Did you say you’re in a natural plan, but yet you take medication? lol you make sense? Rheumatoid Arthritis is caused by gut bacteria imbalance, triggered by certain types of bacteria in your gut causing food sensitivities. Balance the gut bacteria by a specialist and the disease simply goes away, but requires herbal supplements to balance the gut bacteria.

45. John Wells on September 7, 2020 at 2:24 am

Skip to 13 minute mark to hear anything about ra. The entire talk can be summed up by eating healthy and exercising. Not really any groundbreaking information on ra

46. bob on September 7, 2020 at 2:25 am

13:09

47. Rheumatoid Arthritis Eliminators on September 7, 2020 at 2:26 am

Doctor McPherson Brown talks about mycoplasma bacterial connection to Rheumatoid Arthritis, right here on YouTube.