Naturopathic Medical School | HOW MUCH DOES IT COST + HOW DO I PAY FOR IT?

Medical school is EXPENSIVE, especially at Bastyr University. I personally live on student loans at the moment, but not everyone at school chooses that route. Some of my classmates are working while going to school full-time, others are doing work study, and some come from family’s that can support their education financially. Personally I came to Bastyr with a “clean financial slate” (no debt), so loans were the best option for me where I didn’t have to work and I could focus solely on medical school full time.

Interested in becoming a naturopathic doctor? Grab a copy of my eBook here!⤵️

Find me on Instagram:
@dr.marilynmerola

BTW 🚫 I want this channel to be a supportive community for everyone interested in naturopathic medical school, so all negative comments will be reported and/or deleted.

1. ErinDannyFit on June 6, 2021 at 3:57 am

Debt is the number one thing that scares me away from choosing either Naturopathic Medicine or Chiropractic school

2. Sara Anis on June 6, 2021 at 3:58 am

Do you mind sharing how much you ended with as far as loans? I am figuring out my loan info for the same school and I’m super excited but at the same time I’m terrified. It looks like the average someone is taking out is 90,000 a year. Also, have you been looking into the post grad tuition forgiveness programs?

3. Anna on June 6, 2021 at 4:01 am

hi beautiful do you know if this applies for foreign students as well? pls let me know thank you!

4. Natalie Hennessey on June 6, 2021 at 4:01 am

Hey! I’m happy to see this video! I wrote you a note a while back (thanks for your reply, by the way!) living in Canada means that our loans system is totally different and unfortunately we are loaned up to a max of $15000 per year from the government – not nearly enough to cover the cost of tuition, let alone cost of living! I’m so happy to see you excelling and to hear that the US government is so supportive of students- best of luck with your studies!

5. Susan h110 on June 6, 2021 at 4:02 am

You said more jobs are opening up… but on average how much do they pay? Maybe you could answer this question once you start working? -Thanks your videos are helpful!

6. Qonita BadegesTM on June 6, 2021 at 4:04 am

TEN years AND you’ll be PAYING?
    that’s not forgiveness if u’r paying

7. Tony Chung on June 6, 2021 at 4:05 am

just wondering which Naturopathic school is legit?

8. Arielle mobley on June 6, 2021 at 4:09 am

Rent: u might wanna try househacking sis.

9. j n on June 6, 2021 at 4:10 am

tried to instagram ya but still couldn’t find you, I would love to touch base for input regarding the max amount of loans for this first and 2nd year. my insta is "jamesbell001"

10. Wedge Pressure on June 6, 2021 at 4:11 am

I would not really on student loan forgiveness, the first year to get your loans forgiven after 10 years was this year and i think around 35000 applied and "qualified" thi have them forgiven but only 33 people total have had their loans forgiven thus far.

11. BraidedLady on June 6, 2021 at 4:14 am

You should make a video reviewing the school in general

12. Conscious Evolution on June 6, 2021 at 4:16 am

Were you able to choose how much money you took out?

13. Morgan Zapalac on June 6, 2021 at 4:18 am

Looking forward to hearing more about this in another video! From you and your classmates experience, how does getting married influence the amount of loans you are given while in school?

14. Tammy M on June 6, 2021 at 4:20 am

Thank You so much for all of the info!

15. Bailey Z. Leone on June 6, 2021 at 4:22 am

thanks

16. Srta Carla on June 6, 2021 at 4:24 am

you said your rent is 2100? and you live near the school ? can you please tell me what area are you at ? i am planning on joining Baster as well.

17. Jake Rodgers on June 6, 2021 at 4:25 am

I’m almost turning 30 and considering Naturopathic Medicine as a profession. Not sure it’s worth the time (and money) it would take though since I would get done with the program in my mid-30s. Does anyone think I’m too old to get started on that path now? By the way, nice jacket lol

18. SYED AZEEZUDDIN on June 6, 2021 at 4:25 am

Hi! I’m from India I want to become ND, how many years program is ND, what is syllabus, please help me on that

19. ACURA4LIFE on June 6, 2021 at 4:26 am

Can you make another video on this topic in order to understand the loan forgiveness program for NMDs

20. Natasha T on June 6, 2021 at 4:26 am

I feel so sorry for Americans. No affordable health care and the youth who get an education are in SOOOO much debt.

21. Empress Auset on June 6, 2021 at 4:28 am

Thank you for your videos. I’m looking forward to attending Bastyr next year and your videos have really helped me.

22. Elijah Fregm on June 6, 2021 at 4:29 am

Have you heard of Energetic Wellness School of Naturopathy? If so, what do you think of them?

23. William Gray Allen on June 6, 2021 at 4:32 am

Haha I thought my $30k debt was a lot! Great video I almost went to Bastyr a couple of years ago, this video would have been really helpful. Also if you’re not married yet, I’ll put a ring on it

24. user556 on June 6, 2021 at 4:39 am

I am really looking into going to natropathic school and was wondering if you could make more videos about how to pay for the debt for college 🙂

25. ACURA4LIFE on June 6, 2021 at 4:41 am

Whats the Name of this none profit organization

26. Stephanie Amato on June 6, 2021 at 4:44 am

Did you happen to do more research on loan forgiveness programs? Thanks!

27. TheMonkeyMedicine on June 6, 2021 at 4:46 am

Don’t do it. Bastyr professors paid a FRACTION of what you will pay, for the same education They live off the dole, so to speak. Many have left teaching there because they know the University is more concerned with it’s renovations, than the reality of debt. Fact is, Bastyr is a business. The average income for an ND is 73k a year (MD GP 120k). That is a teachers salary. Cops get paid that. AND, you will be limited by state licensing. On the other hand, If you have an MD, you can work anywhere and in any country. Anybody can study nutrition and herbs these days. You really just need the core sciences and a self learner mindset. Do you really want to pay that kind of money to study mysticism (homeopathy)? And the VIs? Go medical, and add to that degree if you like nutrition and herbal medicine. You will have more options, make more money, and sadly enough, have MUCH more street cred than an ND (many who are far better docs than MD’s, but will never have the same income or opportunities). That is reality.

28. M Z.I on June 6, 2021 at 4:49 am

Hey im glad to find your channel im taking alternative medicine classes in Florida Everglades UN then planing to go for ND at Bastyr UN so my question how many year do I need to get my ND with Bastyr UN and are there any specialist like a medical school would you please tell me more

29. Y R SHREE RANGA on June 6, 2021 at 4:49 am

Hi mam im frm India im naturopathic student I love this courses plz guide me plz I’m requested you

30. Whitney Keilani Hay on June 6, 2021 at 4:49 am

your videos are so helpful!! thank you so much

31. Nick M on June 6, 2021 at 4:50 am

Where in cali

32. madi on June 6, 2021 at 4:55 am

You are the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen