Q&A: How I Became a Holistic Nutritionist, What Diet I Follow + More

Just a little chit-chat video answering some questions on studying holistic nutrition, what diet I follow, my hair and more! If you have any other q’s for me let me know in the comments below, or on Instagram or Facebook 🙂 Below you will find a list of various resources for holistic health.

Find me here:
BLOG http://www.meghanlivingstone.com
INSTAGRAM http://www.instagram.com/meghanlivingstone
TWITTER http://www.twitter.com/mlivingstone1
FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/mlivingstone11

* * RESOURCES: * *

Schools:

The Institute of Holistic Nutrition
(IONC – The International Organization of Nutritional Consultants: http://www.ionc.org)

The Canadian School of Natural Nutrition

The Edison Institute of Nutrition

Home

PEOPLE/BLOGS:

Meghan Telpner (Home)

BOOKS/DOCUMENTARIES:

– GMO OMG
– Food Matters
– Food, Inc.
– Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead
– Hungry for Change

– Healthy Living from the Inside Out by Mariel Hemingway
– Joyous Health by Joy McCarthy

1. Kode Dynamo on April 16, 2019 at 11:46 pm

I am applying for school at CSNN this September and am going to apply for funding through training and skills development. I do need to interview people in that field before I can receive funding and I was wondering if when the time comes if you would be open to that?

2. Rachel Chevalier on April 16, 2019 at 11:47 pm

I do not recommend online programs – You need clinical experience, you need to see a variety of clients with many different problems. You don’t get that online.

3. ilary88 on April 16, 2019 at 11:53 pm

Hi I’m currently going to school for nutrition and I’m really interested in moving towards more natural and holistic ways of nutrition after I get my associates. Do you think the holistic institute in Canada would be a good transfer school?

4. Alyssa DiCostanzo on April 16, 2019 at 11:54 pm

thank you, this video helped me so much <3

5. Mukul Rajkhowa on April 16, 2019 at 11:55 pm

I m an arts student. Can i study n be a nutritionist???

6. Sadie Swicker on April 16, 2019 at 11:55 pm

A raw food restaurant!!! That is sooo amazing. I have yet to see one here in America. P.S. You are so sweet and cute

7. erin wilcox on April 16, 2019 at 11:55 pm

You are such an inspiration to me. I would love to be a holistic nutritionist, finding your videos has been amazing but I am currently a homeschool parent. PS you would be an incredible doula!!

8. Han Vu on April 16, 2019 at 11:58 pm

Did you have to take bio/organic chem classes?! I am currently majoring in Food & Dietetics but these requirements are really stressful/overwhelming.. xx
    does nutritionist and dietician start off with same pre-reqs

plz reply! xx

9. Carly Sunshine on April 16, 2019 at 11:58 pm
  10. Beena on April 16, 2019 at 11:59 pm

What is your opinion on your salary? Are you planning to specialize in clinical dietics?

11. yogablossom100 on April 17, 2019 at 12:04 am

I am a graduated from a holistic nutrition school and I enjoyed my course very much but there is very little job opportunities and very little pay unless you have money to open your own business. I do not recommend taking this courses as a profession at all, most people i know that have taken this courses are floating around doing videos or blogs and not getting payed for it or working at health food stores for little more than minimum age. So your time and knowledge is not really compensated fairly. I have a feeling this girl recently finished her training so there is this refreshing excitement and hope. Enjoyed your video though! You are cute!

12. Wonderland By Russell Strand on April 17, 2019 at 12:04 am

Love this video!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

13. Ariella Corey on April 17, 2019 at 12:05 am

can i become a dietician? and then take a holistic course and become a nutritionist

14. Mona Sen on April 17, 2019 at 12:08 am

Hi… Meghan. Though I am writing u in this video. But when I went through ur latest one I thought to ask u about ur new addition of clothes nd winter wardrobe also. If u can make the video for that.

15. Erica Goehring on April 17, 2019 at 12:09 am

I’m a doula!!  It has been a great choice for me.

16. Rhiannon Angell on April 17, 2019 at 12:09 am

I am using Unflexal instructions to all my workouts ideas 🙂

17. Susie Fumerelle on April 17, 2019 at 12:11 am

Just found your channel through this video and subscribed instantly! I could listen to you talk all day! You are so well spoken and educated and a delight to listen to!

18. Kevin Thongkham on April 17, 2019 at 12:13 am

Cute

19. Merilyn Malaguit on April 17, 2019 at 12:13 am

Do you think the AFPA holistic nutritionist certification is legit and not something sketchy?

20. gracesimplified on April 17, 2019 at 12:14 am

Mariel Hemingway is such a wonderful health guide.

21. Sandra Stephens on April 17, 2019 at 12:18 am

Being an 80"s girl… For the hair color, if you want more blonde in your hair….use lemon or hydrogen peroxide and sit in the sun or walk in the sun for 20 to 30 minutes. 😀 LOL I just love your channel. XOOXOXOXO

22. LMNCA Cartier on April 17, 2019 at 12:19 am

OMG! When you said on your spiritually journey you became more interested in studying holistic you should’ve seen my face lol. That exactly me! I have a BA in Graphic Design, but since being on my spiritually journey I no longer desire to have a career as a Graphic Designer. I’m looking to study holistic because I can help a lot of people and it’s soul fulfilling. I was telling my Mom, who is a diabetic about, all the health benefits of raw organic apple cider vinegar and she said I should become a doctor. The two days she’s taken AVC she had no need for insulin. Her blood sugar has been manageable.

23. Perps Fred on April 17, 2019 at 12:20 am

dont bother to study any type of nutrition as people will never change their diet to get healthy, they dont beleive diet is the cause of their illness and will always make excuses to not change their diet, im o holistic nutritionist and nobody listens to facts

24. Kenneth P on April 17, 2019 at 12:21 am

Hi Meghan, I just dropped out of pharmacy school this week to go into holistic alternative medicine. I was just too conflicted with so many aspects of pharmacy and everything in me is drawn to holistic healing. I just know that I was sent to this world to be a healer and it is truly what I loved to do. I have so many questions but I don’t have anyone to ask questions regarding this field. Could I contact you via email or something to ask questions?  I love your passion, and I am also very passionate about this field and serving people. I was very ill from anxiety and stress and to heal myself, I’ve had to study so much regarding holistic medicine on my own, and I loved learning about it. I’ve personally experienced the powerful health benefits of alternative medicine and I know how it helps you in every aspect of your life as it is a total cure. I was able to go from almost bedridden to extremely healthy and vibrant. I don’t know if theres any way I could help you at this moment of my career, but if there’s anything you need help with, I am definitely willing to help. Thank you, Kenneth

25. Uma Hasan on April 17, 2019 at 12:23 am

I feel you would be a truly amazing doula.  I had my last two at home and it was the best thing I have ever done!  And you would be everything I would want in a doula.

26. A girl and her scale on April 17, 2019 at 12:24 am

Hello Meghan,

As it has now been a little over 3 years since you made this video I was wondering how things have gone for you in regards to being a holistic nutritionist.
    I am looking at a major life change and I’m seriously considering taking the on-line course through CSNN. It is set to be completed over a two year period but I hope to finish it within a year.
    I am currently in Nova Scotia but intend to return to Ontario in the next few years.
    Now my question.
    I know that Nova Scotia at this time has zero job opportunities for a RHN but what about Ontario? Do you think that career field is better or worse then when you were certified? I would love to hear your input.
    Thanks Megan

27. Katia on April 17, 2019 at 12:24 am

We have the same exact thoughts "career wise". It’s so refreshing! I’m definitely subscribing! (:

28. Jennifer Boyd on April 17, 2019 at 12:24 am

How has your health changed since going to school and putting these practices into your own lifestyle?

29. shams Ghanim on April 17, 2019 at 12:25 am

I have a degree in life science and now about to complete my master in biotechnology. However I get introduced to holistic health and lifestyle a year ago and I feel I should shift to it. I need to know if is it enough to study diploma only to pursue a career in holistic nutrition or should I go for undergraduate degree again !! Can you help me in this matter plz . I will really appreciate it. I dont live in Canada nor USA , I am from Iraq and living in Malaysia, so I don’t accually know the rules in Canada. I am interested in going to the same university in Toronto. Thank you very much ♥

30. Kyle Osnack on April 17, 2019 at 12:27 am

hey Great video. I live just outside Toronto, I am planning on taking holistic nutrition from edison . I am just wondering, did you join CNPCC ,IONC or CANNP after you got your degree ?

31. amanda beri on April 17, 2019 at 12:28 am

Hi Meghan! loved your video! I actually am not sure if this is available in Canada but there is a chemical free /organic hair color company called Oway! it’s completely made from nature and you get the same results from a regular salon:) highly recommend it for anyone wanting a natural solution!
    thank you for sharing your story!!

32. Noemie Beland on April 17, 2019 at 12:29 am

what do you think of studying holistic Nutrition as a vegan?

33. Riss Rose on April 17, 2019 at 12:30 am

love this video

34. taciturntaty on April 17, 2019 at 12:30 am

but can’t any one call themselves a nutritionist? I’ve been told many times that a registered dietitian is the only title that people should trust; which is why i’m studying dietetics right now.

35. Danielle Froch on April 17, 2019 at 12:30 am

Found your video today while looking up info about becoming an Registered Dietitian. I am definitely becoming more and more fascinated in holistic nutrition as I realize through experience and research that our bodies and minds truly want to heal themselves as long as we learn to work with nature and our natural way of healing. Funny how I completely relate to your hair-dying story… Someone dyed my natural light brown hair with permanent black instead of temporary dark brown (it was my first time ever dying my beautiful natural hair too…) so here I am a year and a half later with half my hair back to natural and the  bottom half dark brown :/. Also, the last question about endometriosis was great too. I am 21 and was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 19. Very tough to deal with but it has been a blessing in disguise for me as I am being forced to adapt a real-food, consciously healthy lifestyle. Look forward to watching some of your other videos. God Bless 🙂

36. ana love on April 17, 2019 at 12:32 am

What do you recommend for dry skin on the forehead that won’t go away, and milia around the eyes? I eat plant based vegan

37. Alexa K on April 17, 2019 at 12:33 am

so i just found your channel and i am only a teenager but i learned about how harmful our everyday products and food are and i reallyyyy want to go natural! My parents say no. they say that the food and products i use are what everybody uses and that i don’t need yoga or anything to really take in the world. BUT I REALLLLYYY want to go all natural it seems like it can make my life full-filling and teach me things and overall make me a happier healthier person. What should i do?

38. Agape Miranda on April 17, 2019 at 12:34 am

http://fnd.us/41AEf7?ref=sh_15wOba we need prayers and assistance

39. J N on April 17, 2019 at 12:35 am

your hair colour looks awesome now. keep it. I would pay heaps for my hair to be your hair colour.

40. Leticia Michelle Ibarra on April 17, 2019 at 12:39 am

Great video 😀

41. Ransom Locke on April 17, 2019 at 12:39 am

what is natural nutrition? do we have unnatural nutrition?

42. mai on April 17, 2019 at 12:40 am

Hi guys,so I was looking around and found this thing.
    Is this nutrition school any good?I kinda liked what they say at a free lesson,but
    then I saw doc OZ as a guest teacher and I remembered all these shitty things about him..?Something about diet pill scams,that he promotes it for money or whatever bad things like that.
    thanks for the opinion guys 🙂

43. Drew Durante on April 17, 2019 at 12:42 am

Hi, I’m currently in high school and very interested in becoming some sort of nutritionist. I was just wondering what your hs marks were like. I’m taking all the sciences but I’m expecting to be somewhere in the mid-70s

44. Madeleine Russick on April 17, 2019 at 12:42 am

Does anyone know of a good nutrition/coaching certificate program/school in NYC where I can take classes in person? I don’t want to do online courses.

45. Lily Rose Garden on April 17, 2019 at 12:44 am

I guess holistic nutrition can be anything. I am looking to go into having my own practice and helping people with severe illnesses like healing from diabetes, or autoimmune diseases, hormone balance, etc which direction should i go in for that?

46. Dawny Carrasco on April 17, 2019 at 12:45 am

What nutrition school did you graduate from . ?