RESPONDING TO TIKTOK | WHAT ARE LICENSED NATUROPATHIC DOCTORS VS TRADITIONAL NATUROPATHS?

I had a few videos on TikTok that blew up this week and it sparked the necessary conversation of “what exactly are licensed naturopathic doctors?” and “is naturopathic medicine legit?” I tackle the misconception of the naturopathic world as there are people that pretend to be naturopathic doctors/hoaxes and it’s left a bad taste in people’s mouths. I hope this makes the waters less murky! 😉

IG/TikTok: @DrAriaYoung
Music: https://www.bensound.com

**Disclaimer: The information in this video is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content is for general information purposes only and does not replace a consultation with your own doctor/health professional.

Licensed naturopathic doctors/physicians vs “Traditional naturopaths”:

1. Heather Wiles on March 16, 2021 at 11:46 pm

What was life like for you after medical school? Did you intern some where? Did you do a residency and then a fellowship? I’m in my first 4 years now and I’m really curious what happens after medical school for your line of work. Thank you

2. Sonia MAXSON on March 16, 2021 at 11:54 pm

Listening to your explanation, I have a question. What are the differences/ similarities between your profession and a functional medicine doctor? It sounded very similar to me, but I could be wrong.

3. Grandma Sunshine on March 16, 2021 at 11:58 pm

Honestly I’m tearing up bc I found my calling and I’m overwhelmed. I’m going to need to rewatch this again later.

4. Michael 1RareZebra on March 17, 2021 at 12:15 am

I used to see a license naturopathic doctor in Chandler years ago. Big difference as you said. Keep up the good work.

5. Tracy Young on March 17, 2021 at 12:18 am

really good information, well explained. a person could not be confused after this informative video. well done. loved the respond to the tictoc replies!!!

6. Deniz Oncel on March 17, 2021 at 12:29 am

Hello ! Can I something about ND vs MD. What is the salary like after graduating. Is it easy to get money, jobs after graduating like MDs do?

7. Natural Health News on March 17, 2021 at 12:34 am

Traditional Naturopaths, do not want to be medical doctors, or called medical doctors. Traditional Naturopaths usually have Nutritional and Herbal backgrounds, some are Chiropractors and Massage Therapist. Traditional Naturopaths do not diagnose, or treat patients. Most will only work as nutritionist, bodyworkers, Herbalist and recommend Herbs/Vitamins/Nutrition and Alternative treatments in conjunction with a medical doctors recommendations or referrals. Many states do license "Naturopathic Practitioners", so check out someones credentials when considering seeking their guidance.

8. Lisa Young on March 17, 2021 at 12:42 am

Well said!! Throughout my life homeopathic, chiropractic and naturopathic doctors have taught me that maintaining my health is my responsibility. ‘Band aid’ meds don’t treat cause, only symptoms, this is perpetuated by a system that keeps Americans in a state of "dis-ease".