STARTING LIFE'S WORK AT 70

▪ Read our book, REGENERATIVE AGRICULTURE: https://www.regenerativeagriculturebook.com
▪ Join our 2020 online event, The Farm Like a Hero Experience: https://www.farmlikeahero.com
▪ Take our new online course, Start the Right Farm: https://www.starttherightfarm.com
▪ Get on the wait-list for our signature online training, Regenerative Agriculture – Planning and Design: https://www.regenerativeagricultureonlinecourse.com
▪ Take our free mini-course, 4 Fundamentals of Making Small Farms Work: https://www.richardperkins.co/get-started
▪ Shop Ridgedale Merchandise: https://teespring.com/stores/ridgedale-merchandise
▪ Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/richardperkins.co
▪ Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ridgedalepermaculture

1. SOFEA BIAN on September 14, 2020 at 2:24 am

I m inspired! How nice if we can hv a facebook group n encourage each other

2. marzy Marrz on September 14, 2020 at 2:25 am

This was wonderful on many different levels. Wonderful.

3. Kathryn Lee on September 14, 2020 at 2:26 am

A better mousetrap? Shot gun.

4. Robert Rousseau on September 14, 2020 at 2:27 am

At 78, independent of grocery stores and plan to keep it that way till the end!

5. nathaniela miriam on September 14, 2020 at 2:27 am

Very inspiring, thank you.

6. Tom cat on September 14, 2020 at 2:28 am

I’m 70and wife and I are buying 7.5acers this should be fun. I think we should keep ourselves doing something take vitamins and get out and do something.i bought a90 model Jeep and put a 2.5inch lift on it.and replaced front and rear bumpers.and built a custom grille and that is just the start. Just ask God he will help you.

7. Gail Cargile on September 14, 2020 at 2:28 am

I am 72 and my husband is 70. We started regenerative ranching in Feb 2020 on our 700 acre ranch in far south Texas that had been overgrazed and in bad condition for years. We have a brutal environment and into our 7th year of drought. God blessed us with rain in May, June and July. This is the first green August that I can remember for 11 years. Those decisions with commitment do trigger providence. Thanks for your encouraging video

8. Kalla Susort on September 14, 2020 at 2:28 am

Excellent video – thank you for sharing. May more farmers go the natural healthy way again.

9. Sharon Hailey on September 14, 2020 at 2:32 am

10. cele reyna on September 14, 2020 at 2:32 am

my 1st time to vsit ur vlog, it inspired me much u tackled older stories too. yes its true life must go on. i am 60+ now n greatful to be coz God has a reason for us to stay further..

11. Emilia Motyka on September 14, 2020 at 2:33 am

Totally absorbed by the video you presented. Really interesting & inspiring. Reminds me of Peter Andrews in Australia – Natural sequence farming & his story is on a program’ Australian Story’. Wise and wonderful men! Thankyou.

12. Edmour Gagnon on September 14, 2020 at 2:33 am

Loved your calm voice.
    Never thought I would listen to the entire video but I did. It was somehow captivating!

From Guatemala, thank you!

13. Asharay on September 14, 2020 at 2:36 am

I’m 63 and live off grid with only water. Cutting wood; just finished building a woodshed. I had an Aunt 101 almost 102, her advice; : keep going. don’t stop! " Love living life". My saying is do something; right, wrong, or indifferent’ just do something. LOve and Blessings to All. Can’t wait to get my scythe to cut 2.5 acres.

14. Michael Botha on September 14, 2020 at 2:37 am

61…. Aaaand starting a brand new mushroom farm..! Fantastic feeling….!

15. Laurie McCracken Alsted on September 14, 2020 at 2:40 am

COVID19 restrictions has forced the closure of my previous business, which supported us for 20 years. I am 60 years old, single, and am starting a new business because I must. Instead of in person, it will be online… virtual face-to-face. A one to many model.

16. gbwildlife uk on September 14, 2020 at 2:42 am

It’s all very inspiring but for the majority they dont have the finances for the farm/croft/cottage for renovation, so when retired they are restricted
    by their circumstances, not their age/desire etc.

17. jenny Myers on September 14, 2020 at 2:48 am

Hi Roger, well done. I am interested to know the make of your 3 strand electric fencer system please.

18. Kathryn Lee on September 14, 2020 at 2:48 am

Isn’t that more “cruelty free?” So “What’s a better and more cruelty free mouse trap? A shot gun."

19. Olivia Cruz on September 14, 2020 at 2:49 am

Im starting new at 52.

20. Sharon Hailey on September 14, 2020 at 2:49 am

Thank you. Loved the story. The end two quotes really spoke to me. Thank you
    God bless you

21. Maggie Door on September 14, 2020 at 2:51 am

Joe Salitin was one of the farmers that Justin Rhodes visited on his across America bus trip with his family. The Rhodes outfitted a school bus and took the family on a year trip visiting and teaching , gaining knowledge from permaculture farms and home owners.On his playlist.Justin has a lot of teaching courses on his channel. This was a wonderful video, a very knowledgable man.

22. JOEY PINTER on September 14, 2020 at 2:52 am

i’m glad i watched this, being 65 and actually working toward the credentials needed to be a drug and alcohol counselor. sometimes i ask myself what the hell are you doing.

23. Pete Mavus on September 14, 2020 at 2:54 am

Having a very lost day, must sleep to escape it, will look forward to watching in the morning. Good night world, God Bless Us.

24. TheGoodHeart1000 on September 14, 2020 at 2:55 am

Amazing video! Thank you!
    New sub

25. Emilie Dell on September 14, 2020 at 2:55 am

People that labor harder all their lives instead of sitting at a desk live long lives in general.sitting is the new smoking.its worse than smoking

26. DFVM on September 14, 2020 at 2:56 am

Would love to re-edit this and fix up the audio in the video sections Otherwise a great message to all of us

27. John Doudna on September 14, 2020 at 2:58 am

Enjoyable from many angles. Thank you for sharing life well met.

28. lawrence willard on September 14, 2020 at 3:00 am

Also been through the same trip. Didn’t know what I was to be, BUT KNEW what I was wasn’t it. Then was shown/told. Then, got on with it. Still going.

29. Kathryn Lee on September 14, 2020 at 3:03 am

I’ll keep trying. My husband is feeding me lines. We’re desperate.

30. Kristi Rainwater on September 14, 2020 at 3:04 am

I’m 56 starting over by myself on an old family farm. Have goats, pasture pigs, chickens, geese and rabbits. Working on a market garden next.
    It’s been rough due to my having chronic Lyme disease but I’m going to keep persevering. I know it will be worth the effort. Thank you for sharing your inspirational story!

31. dragoncarver on September 14, 2020 at 3:04 am

Those "young people" are going to turn into "old people" one day anyway . lol

32. Kathryn Lee on September 14, 2020 at 3:05 am

Hope I win that Regenerative Agriculture book, as I want to share it with my local farmers. More and more our small town farmers are moving in the right direction, but they still do some monocropping.

33. Heather White on September 14, 2020 at 3:05 am

I think I need to put my house on the market and but some land.

34. Shelley Chenonceau on September 14, 2020 at 3:13 am

I needed this right now. Thank you.

35. Jill W on September 14, 2020 at 3:14 am

I’m 50 and starting over myself.
    Just bought my own house. I have land again. I can finally garden.
    Landscaping with bulbs and seeds I’ve been saving for 8 years.

36. Candy Austin on September 14, 2020 at 3:14 am

I started at 67 and am going strong. We stated a small family farm in the rurals area of Western Washington. After 3 1/2 years we are doing a csa in our community. For the 3 1/2 years we did microgreens for high end restaurants which ended with covid 19. So we bucked up and contacted our many rural and small town neighbors and got a hugh response. So now we provide certified organic produce to these families and they are extremely supportive. Thank you for this you tube video. Bravo!!

37. Fellowvillager gary on September 14, 2020 at 3:15 am

Training & Education isn’t the correct way to free (the trained up masses of souls) constantly prompted and prodded to be constantly slaving for money for the money generation systems of the wealthy "higher intellect empowered" overlords
    Instead We must simply create a predominantly fellow population designed and maintained – free-of-charge example way of life – to display on the internet (via full time viewable streamed to the internet fellow population worn head cams – & full time cams showing the full perimeter of our fellow population maintained borders – to show the moment when the money monger governments come to begin the process of annexation to re-educate and train our fellow population to become good money generation systems slaves for the wealthy overlords. Through over taxation. – making us do everything their way – so they can generate more wealth for their wealthy overlords of their lesser over-educated fellow man who they;ve trained up to be good little money generating drone workers for their society approved hierarchy.
    Please just let us plan our way back to volunteering to help each other properly maintain our own little portion of the Earth with which to be the good stewards of inorder have enough predominantly free of charge – by way of "our way of nurturing" – the free=of=charge natural provisions systems =created by God for us to take care of =.for our life sustaining provisions. of which we will sell the surplus provisions of to pay our property taxes – and only property taxes Cuz we won’t need your Big Money empowered – world conquering way – of making the whole world pay the most to remain alive – for (1) brief lifetime on a used to be free-of-charge & well naturally provisioned Earth

38. Wanda Turner on September 14, 2020 at 3:15 am

Im 65 this year and starting over! Im on my own and I’m looking forward to a new beginning!

39. Sunshine andloveinside on September 14, 2020 at 3:16 am

I’ll be 70 November and my goal is an RV and see the national parks all 59

40. ginger cox on September 14, 2020 at 3:16 am

3000 acres. That’s a large place.

41. Kathryn Lee on September 14, 2020 at 3:21 am

How do you get cold milk from a warm cow? You stick her in the refrigerator, of course! Saves a step and takes less time.

42. Trish Mac on September 14, 2020 at 3:21 am

Hard work leads to more hard work. I prefer to take it easy. That’s my job.

43. Christine Lubwika on September 14, 2020 at 3:22 am

Thank you so much. Given me so much inspiration. Brilliant!!!