The Bloody Work of “Naturopathic Doctors” | Britt Hermes

Naturopathic doctors are actively lobbying for state licensure that would allow them to practice naturopathic medicine, like medical doctors, despite not having completed legitimate medical training. NDs argue that regulating their field ensures public safety. In reality, licensed naturopathic doctors are far more dangerous than their unlicensed counterparts. Join former naturopathic doctor, Britt Hermes for an enlightening fact-based talk about the ways NDs are experimenting on patients, often with their blood, and getting away with it. Prepare to be horrified!

Britt Hermes is a writer, scientist, and former naturopathic doctor. She practiced as a licensed naturopath in the United States for three years and then left the profession after realizing naturopathy is a pseudoscientific ideology. She now writes to expose issues with naturopathy, the current rising profession in alternative medicine. Britt’s writings can be found at Forbes, Science 2.0, KevinMD, and Science-Based Medicine.
This talk took place at CSICon 2017 in Las Vegas on Friday, October 27th.

Comment below with your thoughts on this talk. Agree? Disagree? Let us know.

Be sure to share this talk with others.

Check out more of our reasonable talks: https://reasonabletalk.tv

Get more info on how CFI is working to promote reason and science: http://www.centerforinquiry.net

1. Shell Ducker on December 4, 2020 at 9:46 pm

Just sounds like allot of whinging to me

2. Charlena Marcuccio on December 4, 2020 at 9:47 pm

this is so myopic and disgusting

3. Mason Amelia on December 4, 2020 at 9:51 pm

HOW I CAME ACROSS DR. UMORU WHO CURED ME FROM HSV2. I was diagnosed of herpes since 2014 and I have been going to the lab trying to get rid of this virus, I have use so many pills but the result remain the same untill I saw a lady testifying of how she was cured from Herpes after using the medications she got from Dr. Umoru, so I serched for Dr Umoru on YouTube https://youtu.be/fN12hGDRL88 and I took his contact and told him all I have been through. He send me his herbal medications which he told me to take just for two weeks and to my surprise I went for test and my result that was herpes positive turned to negative I can’t thank Dr. Umoru enough for his great work in my life Indeed you are sent from God. You can share this testimony and save life’s today, you can contact this great doctor on any issues you are Suffering from via email { drumoru01@gmail. com } or WhatsApp/call +2348165436638 God bless.

4. artashes on December 4, 2020 at 9:51 pm

I saw you on "GeneticallyModifiedSkeptic" and I’m unsubscribing from this uneducated fool that gave you a platform to spout your BS. He is NOT being a critical thinker like my hero Chess Grandmaster Bobby Fischer was.

You are a bona-fide IDIOT, the body is self-healing period…of course, its common sense…duhh

The Allopathic paradigm has not only corrupted you but many people, BIG PHARMA and their big ticket items (Diabetes, Cancer, Cardiac Conditions, Asthma, Allergies etc) they know nothing at all about getting rid of Degenerative Diseases PERIOD. All they know well is Shock, Hemorrhage, Injury and Trauma (take the first letter of each…S H I T ) they know how to put bones together and hold the patients hand, nature heals it…

I agree that there are many phony people that are peddling MSM things like “Herbal Life” etc as that guy showed on his screen etc…“naturopaths” “holistic doctors” and even “Chiropractors” , BTW once upon a time the Allopathic profession (Cut, Slash, and Burn) hated DC’s but nowadays one gets permitted to marry a Chiropractor

One brave guy Dr. John Tilden MD (who died with a very modest Estate) and was a true doctor adhering to the Hippocratic Oath (First, Do No Harm) Get a hold of Tilden’s book “TOXEMIA EXPLAINED” and view his TREE OF TOXEMIA (google images)

You are probably bankrolled by rich MD’s who give a shit and are taught ZERO, NADA, ZILCH about Prevention in Med School. I’m 73 and have never smoked anything, drank or taken any drugs for over 34 years, (prescription or non-prescription etc). I Do Yoga daily, hula hoop, resistance exercise ala Eugene Sandow, mini-trampoline and enjoy a rich sex life…

Another hero of mine was Dr. Robert Mendelsohn MD who spoke out vehemently against his profession. Just type up on YouTube “How to talk to your Doctor” and effing wake up you moron. Go to Mendelsohn’s Wikipedia page and download his “The People’s Doctor” which he would send to folks for a very modest fee.

• 1982, Male Practice: How Doctors Manipulate Women, ISBN 0-8092-5721-1
    • 1985, Dissent in Medicine, Nine Doctors Speak Out, ISBN O-8092-5265-1
    • 1987, How To Raise a Healthy Child In Spite of Your Doctor, NTC/Contemporary Publishing Company, ISBN 0-8092-4995-2

• 1991, Confessions of a Medical Heretic, ISBN 0-8092-7726-3 (This book was first published in 1980)

Another man was American Patriot EUSTACE MULLINS and one of his great books is MURDER BY INJECTION, THE STORY OF THE MEDICAL CONSPIRACY AGAINST AMERICA which gets into the phony AMA, American Cancer Society, the Drug Cartel (Big Pharma controlled by Central Bankers) Vaccinations, Fluoridation of Water, The AIDS hoax and much more…

5. Luke Rogers on December 4, 2020 at 9:51 pm

Cruel and wrong… wishing your misleading ego all the best.

6. Doug on December 4, 2020 at 9:53 pm

Whenever I want encouragement to pursue naturopathic medicine, I listen to Britt Hermes

7. Peachees on December 4, 2020 at 9:54 pm

She is a pharma shill.

Pharma has killed MILLIONS every year and has cost us BILLIONS … maybe TRILLIONS of tax dollars. Pharma is the bloodiest scam ever.

FDA, CDC, WHO are all pharma controlled orgs.

Anyone who uses "quack" is a pharma shill.

She never ever proved that the "natural remedies" that she ratted out her employers were ineffective or dangerous. She just uses pharma attack phrases "not FDA approved" as if that means anything … it doesn’t.

Natural healing and clean nutrition is the cheapest and most effective way towards long term health. Pharma is about covering up symptoms and causing side effects which causes more health problems and cost more money forever.

She is a pharma shill. No doubt about it.

8. Sam on December 4, 2020 at 9:54 pm

When not properly understood everything looks puzzling. I guess she understood nothing in her class and career as ND. Changing career is OK but I would never trust the one who backstabs her own previous profession.

9. Raul García Pastrana on December 4, 2020 at 9:57 pm

Right is always better to go to the doctor so in 5 min he would prescribe 2 or 3 pills. And send you back home.

10. Julia Golovko on December 4, 2020 at 9:59 pm

Disgrace.

11. Elizabeth Gallardo on December 4, 2020 at 10:00 pm

To speak the way you do because of your sad experience is unethical let’s start there . If you feel so strong about something gone wrong in your case you deal with it , and only speaking of those involved. Our beautiful planet holds a source of natural healing and preventative remedies that’s a fact. Fight for no chemicals in our food or cosmetics or household items. Because this is why we are all chronically sick and going down hill quick .

12. Volker Siegel on December 4, 2020 at 10:00 pm

Do not worry you were part of them. By leaving and speaking out, you will save lives, and probably have already. This talk will influence some people not to do something that would have killed them. Not specific persons, it’s purely statistics. The people who would have died without this talk are real, physical people. We do not know who it is, and we can not know it, but that does not make the people less real.

13. samir baddour on December 4, 2020 at 10:01 pm

Why does she sound nervous and cant breath!!
    And why spending so much time bashing Naturopath doctors!!
    No matter how bad ND medicine is it will never reach the ignorance level of MD directed medicine

14. Agape Health Solution on December 4, 2020 at 10:01 pm

Fill in the blank.

_________ is responsible for the death of more than 100,000 Americans each year.

If you guessed TAKING PHARMACEUTICAL MEDICATION AS PRESCRIBED, you are correct!!!

And please, let’s stop trying to say that mainstream medicine is ALL evidence based. A 2012 BMJ study that reviewed RCTs of 3000 common medical treatments found that only 35% were "beneficial" or "likely to be beneficial" while 50% were of "unknown effectiveness."

But hey, when you’re the largest lobbying group that this country has ever seen, and you’ve effectively infiltrated every major medical university with textbooks & teachers that are biased toward drug & surgery based "medicine", you control the narrative.

Good talk Dr. Judas Iscariot

15. Mike B on December 4, 2020 at 10:02 pm

I think she is misguided and wasn’t cut out for this work. She should take a look at allopathic medicine which is pharmaceutical drugs and surgery is that what she wants? According to a study from John Hopkins University in May of 2016 medical errors are the third leading cause of death in America.

16. shivani pal on December 4, 2020 at 10:02 pm

Naturopathy is the drug less system….

17. Hari Valmiki on December 4, 2020 at 10:04 pm

Perhaps she is talking of naturopathy in western countries. To know about real naturopathy, watch SANT HIRADARAM HOSPITAL, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh (India)

18. deviousxen on December 4, 2020 at 10:05 pm

How much does Bastyr teach that is useful when combined with other doctorates?

19. Adam Honesty and decency on December 4, 2020 at 10:05 pm

Sure, there are quacks out there, but I also had a naturopath help me where an MD couldn’t. It’s not all black and white.

20. el fin on December 4, 2020 at 10:06 pm

I am wanting to become a Naturopathic Doctor in Canada, the first place to actually license Naturopathic Doctors (country wise). I have my first 4 years done and saving up to engage in the last 4 years. I don’t normally post on YouTube, however I want to this time. Look, there are quacks in a lot of professions. I have even had a bad time with an MD when I was younger (early 20’s) that was destroying my health, which eventually I went to an ND and my health had a positive turnaround. At first the MD was helpful, then my health started to really deteriorate. I used to be mad about it, and thought he was incompetent (I started to further research into and take more responsibility for my health- there is certainly lots to discover and know). However, the man knew what the man knew, and was trained in certain modalities and not others. For example, I would not go to most MDs for nutrition advice, it is just simply not generally one of their focuses unless they are truly doctoring in nutrition.

I am not a fan when people call out an entire profession to be full of quacks whether they are MDs or NDs. I am also not belittling what the presenter is saying about some of the NDs that she was engaging with, and I am glad that she investigated into them. Truly unacceptable and a betrayal in trust and ethics- very valid in my mind too. Looks like she had an eyeopening and gut wrenching experience with her previous school and some of its affiliates. However, when speaking about FDA approval in certain countries especially the states, you would be surprised with what pharmaceuticals get through. Honestly, the regulation and standards aren’t very high in countries like the United States or Canada (the country that I am from). Plus there are some MD practices and pharmaceuticals that are quite dubious and there is research backing against them, however they are still being used and tested on the populous. Some MDs (not all- I am not condemning the entire profession) can get away with a fair amount when it come to the law. This sadly happens. What I am trying to say in short, is that there are quacks and crooks in both ND and MD professions. On the flip side, there are plenty of competent NDs and MDs as well. They have different focuses, modalities, and purpose. Like in any profession, if there is some corruption going on, it should be investigated into, have consequences, which promote the implementation of better regulations and practices. This would be the ideal, however in the grand scheme of our Western societies this does greatly lack in some areas. This is officially the longest post I have put onto Youtube! Thank you Britt Hermes for the presentation, they really put you through a mess of disillusionment and I hope that both ND and MD practices become more regulated, fair, and understood in what their specialties actually are. It is surely an imperfect world.

21. Jay Taylor on December 4, 2020 at 10:07 pm

She’s still delusional!

22. Shamara Jones on December 4, 2020 at 10:07 pm

Ok I honestly didn’t get through the video but does she ever address the countless people who weren’t able to be healed by conventional doctors and told they were to suffer for the rest of their life, and then were healed by naturopaths? Also what’s her deal with thinking because her school sucked that every school sucks? And one more thing! Naturopaths aren’t strictly “all natural”. I know for certain I’ve come into contact with naturopaths who recognize the necessary and valuable side of conventional medicine. She is just so biased.

23. R Smith on December 4, 2020 at 10:11 pm

100% Bi.g ph.arma shil.l

24. HelloGorgeous1 on December 4, 2020 at 10:11 pm

MD, ND, NP—whatever the title or training—I wouldn’t want this woman treating me. She made a grievous and expensive error in her career/education choice. She should have been a research scientist.

Speaking of—there is solid clinical research that shows curcumin is a powerful and effective anti-inflammatory.

However—I almost screamed when she said it was not only given intravenously—but with castor oil—which has a compound, rinnic acid, which can be toxic. People are
    Able to ingest castor oil because the liver is able to neutralize the toxin. Injections have no such protection mechanism.

25. Elke Roy on December 4, 2020 at 10:12 pm

….and how many die from big pharma? Also let’s not forget the 3rd leading cause of death is hospital error. You can’t attack one side without playing devils advocate. PERIOD.

26. Daniel Berzins on December 4, 2020 at 10:13 pm

This is so pathetic it is almost comical. Many ND’s do not use or believe in Homeopathy and to say that everything Naturopathic Doctors or medical students learn is "pseudoscience" is an insult and complete joke. Praise god this woman is no longer a Naturopathic doctor as she is a disgrace to medicine and to the betterment of our world health. She makes everything a hyperbole and is literally screaming for attention. Nit-picking little case studies (having to read her powerpoint word for word) to tear down the legitimacy of ND’s and medical students- please tell me none of you actually believe any of this nonsense? I feel bad for her honestly…. do your research people!

27. Emilija Valionyte on December 4, 2020 at 10:14 pm

Check out CCNM they cover the sciences in first year..

28. KALEIDO jess on December 4, 2020 at 10:15 pm

Just because her educational institute failed her doesn’t mean naturopathy is wrong. That’s one place Arizona in one country The United States of America. That means they need to up theirs standards. You wanna know what kind of help I get from modern doctors when I go see them ? Natural remedies have helped me more than they have. Thank the stars.

29. Cindy98020 on December 4, 2020 at 10:16 pm

Britt, you are really despicable because Naturopathic medicine has been a God Send to many. You trashed a man Ben Lynch that has helped me turn my health around. But, having said that, YOUR AGENDA IS BIG PHARMA!!!! WHAT TRASH TALK YOU DO!!!!! YOU ARE A REALL SELL OUT LADY!!!!!! I wish I could google review you! Wow! Big Pharma PIG!!!! PRESCRIPTION DRUGS DO SO MUCH HARM!!! I BET YOU MAKE THE BIG BUCKS NOW DON’T YOU???? UNBELIEVEABLE!!!! SICK SHIT!!!!

30. Brittany Autumn on December 4, 2020 at 10:17 pm

This is flat out malpractice. ND’s are trained to do no harm.

31. keeshaholt on December 4, 2020 at 10:19 pm

ANYONE WHO SPEAKS THROUGH HATE IS NOT HELPING THE WORLD!!

32. joe downing on December 4, 2020 at 10:19 pm

One mans magic is another mans science.

33. HelloGorgeous1 on December 4, 2020 at 10:20 pm

Meanwhile, 3rd leading cause of DEATH in US is “iatrogenic”; meaning—caused by doctors and hospitals. 250,000/year. People are turning to naturopathy because often—the alternative is worse.

34. Peachees on December 4, 2020 at 10:20 pm

The more pharma drugs you take and more hospital visits you go to, the faster you will get sick and the sooner you will die. This is a FACT.

35. Brittany Autumn on December 4, 2020 at 10:21 pm

These people are just bad doctors.

36. Christopher Maupin on December 4, 2020 at 10:21 pm

What an amazing amount of courage to do this talk. Most people would wise up and quietly move on, but she decided to make it right by using her story to point out how dangerous quackery is. It’s so sad that we are in this anti-science quackery era that we find ourselves in. I long for a return to rationalism, science and enlightenment era values.

37. Jollyroger on December 4, 2020 at 10:23 pm

If you do a simple Google search, you’ll find that almost everything that bashes Naturopathic Medicine comes from none other than Britt Hermes herself. Almost every single article critical of the practice uses Britt Hermes a reference. None of these "Pro Science" websites seem to ever question her.. Tell me that is not sketchy? As far as I know, she is just a disgruntled former NMD who is bashing her former employer and practice because it didn’t work out for her. She is getting plenty of internet fame for it too.

38. Peachees on December 4, 2020 at 10:23 pm

Doctors/Vets/Dentists push drugs drugs drugs, shots shots shots, surgury surgury surgury … never clean nutrition, proper movement, proper detox (going to the bathroom), living with purpose and gratitude (spirituality). This is why Doctors/Vets/Dentists will kill you sooner than any ND or alternative practitioner. Also, doctors/vets/dentists will bill your insurance (from tax dollars) and you for their ineffective, dangerous, lethal treatments and have put many ppl into bankruptcy without being cured. This is the medical scam. And the politicians are telling us that we need more of this crap "healthcare" for free??? No thanks!

I stayed away from the medical system and I feel and function as good as ppl half my age according to my bloodwork and athletic results. Meanwhile my friends and family that go to the doctors and dentists for their annual checkup and their drugs prescription are sick as dogs and look like they could drop dead at any day.

39. Morgan Stevens on December 4, 2020 at 10:25 pm

This is grossly misleading. Naturopathic Doctors ARE doctors who are required to go through the same classes as med students minus the difference in modalities and treatments. Yes, you can get a Doctorate with the right prereqs from different degrees. But to slander an entire profession for a few people involved in malpractice, and to do this in front of MD’s responsible for misdiagnosing and causing deaths MUCH more often is just disappointing. You are standing on the shoulders of giants as you said, and that isn’t necessarily something to be proud of.

40. David Tyrone on December 4, 2020 at 10:27 pm

I came on the Internet i saw great testimony about DR.Ovie on how he was able to cure someone from HERPES, and any disease this person said great things about this man, and advice we contact him for any problem that DR. Ovie can be of help, well i decided to give him a try, he requested for my information which i sent to him, and he told me he was going to prepare for me a healing portion, which he wanted me to take for days, and after which i should go back to the hospital for check up, well after taking all the treatment sent to me by Dr.ovie  i went back to the Hospital for check up, and now i have been confirmed HERPES Negative, friends you can reach Dr.Ovie on any treatment for any Disease, reach him on his email address ( ovie.miraclemedicine1@gmail.com) or what’s App Dr on +2349056393169.

41. KALEIDO jess on December 4, 2020 at 10:31 pm

She’s speaking from emotion not science. She’s upset and still hasn’t healed over what she witnessed. She’s only making a mockery based on her experience and trying to make it sound scientific.

42. Xoë Saramony on December 4, 2020 at 10:34 pm

Your biases make you sound unscientific

43. Jay Taylor on December 4, 2020 at 10:38 pm

According to research up to 750,000 per year on the high end but of course Johns hopkins, biased, goes with the bare minimum possible figure of 250,000 dead because of the dangerous medical practice called "traditional medicine" or "western medicine". M.D. or D.O. = the third leading cause of death in the US!

44. Dana Margan on December 4, 2020 at 10:39 pm

I am so Happy to be writing this article in here, i am here to explore blogs forum about the wonderful and most safe cure for HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS . I was positive to the deadly Virus called HERPES and i lost hope completely because i was rejected even by my closet friends. i searched online to know and inquire about cure for HERPES and i saw Dr ehiaguna testimony online on how he was cured so many persons from Herpes Disease. so i decided to contact the great herbalist because i know that nature has the power to heal everything. i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God! after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via FEDEX  and it got to me after 4 days! i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! its really like a dream but i’m so happy! that’s the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more people can be saved just like me! and if you need his help,contact his Email: (drehiaguna@gmail.com) you can contact him on whatsapp +2348073908953 . He also cure the below listed sickness; (1) HERPES, (2) DIABETES, (3) HIV&AIDS, (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION, (5) HEPATITIS B, (6) IMPOTENCE, (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY (8) DIARRHEA (9) ASTHMA…

45. Cindy98020 on December 4, 2020 at 10:39 pm

I’m dovetailing on what some have written here. 73 people have already died from the High Dose Fluzone for people over 65!!!!!! That’s right, they were so lucky, they got they were given the high dose. PIG PHARMA will claim, “well they all had underlying health conditions!!!! The deaths occurred 29-180 days after they got the shot!!!!! How many people died from naturopathic medicine, biatch, I’m fired up!!!!!! Dr. Carolyn Dean MD, ND, left her medical career behind! Follow her. Dr. Theodore Matheny MD, Homeopathic Doctor (left his MD career behind), many are leaving their expensive training behind because they know they can’t live by their Hippocratic oath “do no harm” ! Shut the fudge up Britt!

46. Lotus Bomb on December 4, 2020 at 10:40 pm

I suspect.. I suppose… maybe… I can tell.. I think… we probably… I believe…

47. Alan David on December 4, 2020 at 10:41 pm

Naturopaths are not doctors.