The Cult I Almost Joined – Young Living Essential Oils

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/GeneticallyModifiedSkeptic

PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/GMSkeptic

Young Living Essential Oils is a cult, and an MLM. I almost joined the cult in college, but I got informed and avoided it. I used to thing Young Living was a scam and nothing more, but after having studied the work of cult expert and psychologist, Steven Hassan, I now know otherwise. D. Gary Young is a scam artist, criminal, and conman of the highest order. Contrary to what he taught, essential oils don’t work as medicine, and they certainly don’t cure cancer. Whether it’s Young Living, Doterra, or any other multilevel marketing company selling oils, keep in mind that oils have minimal use outside of aromatherapy for comfort/relaxation.

Thanks to Telltale for introducing me to the BITE model and Hassan’s work on cult psychology, and for contributing an awesome part to this video. Subscribe to Telltale: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIi12EA6BQ8HKL8QUccsOQ

This video contains 100% therapeutic grade skepticism.*

——————————————-FOLLOW——————————————-

Twitter: https://twitter.com/gm_skeptic
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GMSkeptic/
Discord: https://discord.gg/zkdMd5E

Sources:

*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA

1. Max George on October 16, 2020 at 6:28 am

Young Living Essential Oils is located in the mecca of MLM’s in Utah… actually Utah County to be precise. The gullibility abounds in the Mormon communities where they still use the laying on of hands and use Olive Oil in the seal the anointing prayer before the blessing. They rub a drop or two on the head etc… and then two Elders lay their hands on the Mormon getting the blessing and seal the anointing. In the early days of Mormonism, they would pour the oil over the head with copious amounts. The Mormons would ingest the oil and even give consecrated oil enemas (a fact by the way). It had and continues to have magical powers even if it’s all down played as part of the blessing / healing blessing process. Saying the oil has magical powers won’t compute if you say that to a true believing member, but it’s a subconscious / conscious requirement to get God to channel his power through the Elders as the recite the incantation and prayer. But guess what, statics clearly show Utah doesn’t have a monopoly on mortality rates and or low rates of any malady. It’s a placebo at best just like the Essential Oils. Nothing is ever demonstrated. Surprise, surprise.

It’s conjecture on my part to some degree, but every time I drive through Utah County in Utah, I think about the use of the consecrated oil and how Young Living Essential Oils has been booming racket and scam in the MLM kingdom of Utah County, Utah. I believe there is a tie to the use of consecrated virgin oil oil that persists in main stream Mormonism to this day and Essential Oils. More oil, the better… don’t try to argue with crazy and don’t teach stupid… it never works until the subject of your attention sees the light of reality / starts critically thinking.

2. Very Important Person on October 16, 2020 at 6:30 am

This would be an instance where cancel culture could actually be beneficial. He killed his baby daughter by holding her underwater for AN HOUR? I almost couldn’t listen to the rest of the vid after that, that fact is so disturbing. CANCEL THIS GUY! HE’S A MURDERER! Instead of fixating on jokes and twitter comments made by celebrities 10 years ago, the radical woke brigade should seek out charlatans like this, who do serious harm, and expose them.

3. Tisa Hanvey on October 16, 2020 at 6:30 am

I don’t really like YLEO, but I do like essential oils. I grew suspicious of Gary Young myself. But if you’re using agreement with the “efficacy” and “wonder” of chemotherapy as your litmus test for determining legitimacy vs cult, I’ll take a cult any day. Do you know how much chemotherapy costs in $, health, and brain cells? Do you even know a brilliant doctor who has lost his license to practice because he disagreed with “cancer treatment protocol” approved by a board stacked with members up to their eyeballs in conflicts of interest? Sounds like you’re a good researcher, but your research is incomplete.

4. Maria Padron on October 16, 2020 at 6:30 am

Any multi level companies work the same except there are some that they do actually push their products while others focus on you selling or promoting the distribution system. So YLEO is not that pushy as others are and those are the ones to beware of. We all have free will and if you got caught up in it because of wanting a get quick rich plan then it will feel like that am sure. I have been too many MLM companies because of the products and realized that no matter how much you believe in the product the company’s interest is you promoting the distribution to others to get more members. I have joined this company twice because of their products and I never felt harassed to sell or buy more nothing like other companies so blame your sponsor not the company

5. darknessinmusic on October 16, 2020 at 6:33 am

Soooooo I have cPTSD amongst other mental illness because of child abuse. I love essential oils like lavender and mint. I them help me calm myself………but they DO NOT CURE PTSD!!!!! I absolutely think that natural remedies are important when used in conjunction with medicine. IE my mom has a neck injury in from a car accident …. she saw traditional doctors but also did acupuncture. It worked for her because it relaxed her. But the idea that oils are gonna cure you is nuts….

I would never buy from an mlm.

6. draconus15 on October 16, 2020 at 6:33 am

When you get a simplyoils add on a vid debunking them

7. Ma'am C on October 16, 2020 at 6:33 am

Thank you so much for this video. I almost buy. Good thing i watched this first.

8. Michael Warnecke on October 16, 2020 at 6:35 am

Got online business false claim cult ad

9. ExtraaEva on October 16, 2020 at 6:37 am

The only real thing about it is that I’ve used peppermint for headaches and I’ve also used lavender to help me sleep both worked but when people say it can make it so you’re not paralyzed anymore…. that’s just… stupid.

10. Isa Burt on October 16, 2020 at 6:37 am

Faith in YAH is what heals the body and soul.. the essential oils make the process smell a little better

11. Charlie on October 16, 2020 at 6:37 am

I’m just thinking about how proportionally inaccurate that world map is.

12. 张铁牛 on October 16, 2020 at 6:41 am

isnt essential oil function as an insect repellent?

13. Kara Gibbons on October 16, 2020 at 6:45 am

tool live

14. Mike Hoster on October 16, 2020 at 6:47 am

I love essential oils, I use them for bug killing, rodent repelling, as a compact spice rack(lasts longer than dry spices), flavoring my water instead of consuming soda, enhancing the high associated with weed, etc…..But do not believe they are much good for medical issues….

15. Ganary Girl on October 16, 2020 at 6:48 am

HOW DO YOU HOLD YOU BABY UNDER WATER FOR AN HOUR
    I feel so fucking bad because of this

16. Mark Furst on October 16, 2020 at 6:49 am

"Big science pushed me out" Same as the Plandemic nonsense.

17. DarkAdonisVyers on October 16, 2020 at 6:51 am

TCM: The Chinese Essential Oils: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GirhNWy9yXY

18. Clay Arnall on October 16, 2020 at 6:53 am

Young Living destroyed my marriage. True story.

19. Muaythaifighter1000 on October 16, 2020 at 6:55 am

wtf I never knew this. I just bought them to spray on hard surfaces as a cheap way to keep them smelling good lol

20. William M on October 16, 2020 at 6:56 am

After my brother got married, I received a friend request from one of the relatives on her side of the family. At first I thought she just wanted to connect, but every single post she made was about essential oils and the wonders they did. Being the curious – but logical – person I was, I did a little research and wanted to hear both sides of the story. I eventually had to unfollow her because of talks about being an anti-vaxer and "curing" autism – I am on the spectrum myself, and "curing" the condition is extremely controversial. I now think she was part of some MLM scheme and the placebo effect was playing a big role. They probably wouldn’t help me much even if used as intended anyway – as allergy-prone as I am, even some air fresheners get me sneezing

21. Kolap Yellow on October 16, 2020 at 6:58 am

If it’s too good to be true it’s not true.

22. Drawasaurus on October 16, 2020 at 6:58 am

If essential oils fix everything, then why does it not have flex tape in it?

23. Kolap Yellow on October 16, 2020 at 6:59 am

Glad i found your post. ! Thanks.

24. David Quiralte on October 16, 2020 at 7:00 am

If anyone is interested, I sell YL essential oils.

25. Corbin Thomas on October 16, 2020 at 7:02 am

at least some of them smell good…

26. DardS8Br on October 16, 2020 at 7:02 am

About that part where he discusses the chemotherapy thing, and how essential oil cultists say it’s bad for you. They’re exploiting the truth. Chemo really is bad for you. It’s just that cancer is much, much worse. It really sucks how we have to make videos and stuff to try and discredit this MLM bull crap.

27. Am snek 616 on October 16, 2020 at 7:03 am

My mom is big into essential oils. I’m scared she might be wrapped up in something like this. How should I help her? I’m legitimately scared.

28. Evyn Lucian on October 16, 2020 at 7:05 am

So……snake oil?

29. Genetically Modified Skeptic on October 16, 2020 at 7:08 am

Inb4 cultists bombard the comment section with arguments I’ve already debunked on my channel multiple times. Also, remember to sub to Telltale! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIi12EA6BQ8HKL8QUccsOQ

30. Jordan Rogers on October 16, 2020 at 7:08 am

So I paused at 4:56. Here’s the thing, the medical system in America is straight up ran by a mafia. 100% no questions asked. They will come after anyone who wants to use natural methods to heal. They’ll slap any label on them that they can. "Practicing medicine without a license"…Yeah? Well what about Bill Gates? The man has given hundreds of thousands of doses of vaccines to children. That’s literally practicing medicine without a license. No one bats an eye because he’s so rich and powerful, oh and it’s a vaccine, not a natural substance. I’d bet all my money that if he were giving essential oils or high dose vitamin C to patients, the FDA (AKA the medical cartel) would also come after him slapping tons of charges against him. We would be hearing things like "Bill Gates is a fraud who practiced medicine without a license " ALLLLLLLL over the bought and paid for media.

The point/moral? Natural medicine is outlawed, scrutinized, bullied, and suppressed in this country. It’s all about the money.

31. Wanderer Tatiana on October 16, 2020 at 7:09 am

I almost got into this, and it was only time constraints that stopped me at the time. Now I’ll never get into it, thanks Drew.

32. Lwisa on October 16, 2020 at 7:10 am

Btw everybody, you shouldn’t use essential oils directly on your skin like those people in the clips! If you use them on your skin always mix a few drops with a carrier oil. Otherwise you could get an allergic reaction.

33. Heritage Hand Forged on October 16, 2020 at 7:10 am

An excellent, though chilling, video. It’s unfortunate that YouTube has chosen to interrupt this presentation with an ad for (you guessed it) an MLM "business opportunity."

34. Raven Ravella on October 16, 2020 at 7:11 am

Why was i the only person who knew this early on ????

35. Lil Iodine on October 16, 2020 at 7:13 am

Very interesting!

36. Carlos Moretti on October 16, 2020 at 7:16 am

MY Hepatitis B WAS CURED WITH NATURAL
    HERBS BY DR. Ebosetale IN 7 DAYS
    I want to appreciate Dr. Ebosetale for using his herbal medicine to cure me from Hepatitis B virus, 3 years ago, i have been having this Hepatitis B disease and it has been giving my family challenges,we were so perplexed cause i have taken several drugs to be cured but every of our effort was in vain,one morning i was browsing through the internet then i saw several testimonies about Dr. Ebosetale curing people of their Hepatitis B disease and immediately i contacted Dr. Ebosetale told him about my troubles and he told me that i must be cured, so he prepared a herbal medicine for me which i used for 1 week and everything was like a dream for my family, right now,my Hepatitis B disease was totally gone,why don’t you contact him today and be free from your disease…;Email
    Him on Drebosetaleherbalcure@gmail.com OR WhatsApp or call+2347089781825

37. TaHmee Lah! on October 16, 2020 at 7:20 am

thats a shame ppl use the company for false info i personally like the smell of young living i diffuse thats all thats it!

38. Alice Depaul on October 16, 2020 at 7:21 am

I know someone who is balls deep in Young living, flying out to Utah etc etc… and the way she and her kids act talking about it is truly cult like. Scary but I feel there is no way to break thought to her since she’s been doing it for 7 or more years

39. nightqueen yt on October 16, 2020 at 7:22 am

What products should one use that are natural and not store bought? If not wanting to support MLM? youngliving?

40. David Cedermark on October 16, 2020 at 7:23 am

The dislikes are people who believe in essential oils.

41. Dark Obliterator on October 16, 2020 at 7:23 am

What about Lyconet pyramide scheme.

42. Mike Brown on October 16, 2020 at 7:25 am

What is all this GARBAGE???

DR. Young was a REAL DOCTOR! How much are those devils paying you to trash Gary Young’s name?

How is Young Living STILL allowed to operate IF it’s fake?

Not brainwashed bro! I know how the people THAT YOU WORK FOR operate and they only go after people who are on to something good!

That will be the day when I listen to a Piss Ant Mellinial about a freakin Cult! The BIGGEST cult in the world has hired YOU to use your forked tongue against something good.

PEOPLE, DO YOUR RESEARCH! DO NOT LISTEN TO IGNORANT AND PUPPETS! Always do your OWN research.

43. Guy Michaely on October 16, 2020 at 7:27 am

The guy left his baby underwater _for an hour_??
    "Oh Honey, she’s beautiful! Alright babe I’m gonna head to the gym to pump out a few reps you know the drill, circle back in an hour"
    1 hour later
    "MY BABY"

44. Kolap Yellow on October 16, 2020 at 7:27 am

If oil can do that all the big pharmas be bankrupted. Young Living sounds like a big scammerrrrrr.