The Top 10 Essential Oils and Their Uses | Beauty Junkie

Essential oils can be great for your health, skin and hair if you know how to use them properly. I’m breaking down what each of these popular essential oils does, plus how to effectively use them for the most benefits. Just remember: when applying to your skin or body, always test a patch on your wrist on behind your ear. If you think you’re pregnant, but sure to research if essential oils are okay to consume or apply.

IG: @kirbiejohnson http://www.instagram.com/kirbiejohnson
Twitter: @kirbiejohnson http://www.twitter.com/kirbiejohnson
Snapchat: Kirbie.Johnson
FB: https://www.facebook.com/kirbiejohnsontv

POPSUGAR Beauty is a guide to everything a beauty guru needs, delivering fresh makeup tutorials tutorials, beauty tips and product reviews! Learn insider tricks from our beauty reporter Kirbie Johnson, celebrity makeup artists, hair stylists and more. We’ve got everything from hair tutorials, nail art tricks, skin care tips, and more.

Check out the rest of our channel!

1. Jing Lv on April 17, 2019 at 7:18 pm

Are you worried about your wrinkle? Our product QBEKA Anti-wrinkle and Anti-aging Essential Oil will help you. Just have a try, you will love it! https://www.amazon.com/QBEKA-Anti-wrinkle-Anti-aging-Essential-Ingredients/dp/B07CZHQZB8/ref=sr_1_3?m=A1JULC8EFZG2ZS&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1527226968&sr=1-3

2. rebeniric mckeever on April 17, 2019 at 7:19 pm

I think I cringed a little when I saw her I get the oil. I was told when you use essential oils if it isn’t organic you def shouldn’t ingest. The video was informative though

3. Rebecca McCarthy on April 17, 2019 at 7:19 pm

so informative thank you! x

4. Jennifer T on April 17, 2019 at 7:21 pm

Add the rosemary AFTER you melt the coconut oil! Heating the oil will alter and break down the oil. Make sure the ones you use are truly 100% pure – if there are any kind of toxic warnings, poison warnings on the bottle it’s not 100% pure!

5. Malak Fawzy Sayed on April 17, 2019 at 7:22 pm

“Patch test” not “test patch”

6. Becca Price on April 17, 2019 at 7:22 pm

Be careful with using oils. Young living has therapeutic grade oils that are safe to use topically and to ingest!!! DO NOT DO THIS WITH STORE ESSENTIAL OILS! I’d love to share info with anyone who wants some, it’s my passion. I’m a distributor trying to grow my lady tribe ❤️

7. jane Onuma on April 17, 2019 at 7:28 pm

You can’t dilute an essential oil with water!! Dilute an essential oil in or with a carrier oil

8. Monroe Von Black on April 17, 2019 at 7:28 pm

This is not safe for kids! PLEASE research dilution methods first.

9. 1 2 : 4 9 a m on April 17, 2019 at 7:29 pm

idk why but i found her kind of scary??

10. Katherine-Christina Artist on April 17, 2019 at 7:31 pm

Lavender & Peppermint EO are my favorite!!!! Nice video btw 🙂

11. Chris R on April 17, 2019 at 7:31 pm

Natural Life Essentials oils are my favorite!

12. Maggie Branch on April 17, 2019 at 7:31 pm

Hey Kirbie

13. Rupali Anand on April 17, 2019 at 7:37 pm

With immense enthusiasm I would like to share that i have used this product lately and it has surpassed all expectations. I will highly recommend this product to each one of you,to try it and experience the same for yourself.

Sharing the link below-

14. Justin Mills on April 17, 2019 at 7:38 pm

Frankincense oil is the best ! however only a few sell authentic sacred frankincense essential oil i found one from Britain called http://www.puresacra.com they delivered to me fast to Denmark and gave me free samples of agarwood incense and frankincense resin
    , which i burn over charcoal it really helps relieve anxiety and stress, amazing natural products !

15. Mariann Heiderscheit on April 17, 2019 at 7:40 pm

Orange! Love it!

16. Claudia Johnson on April 17, 2019 at 7:41 pm

I died when she drank all that peppermint that shit it STRONG

17. MrsUTCVoice on April 17, 2019 at 7:42 pm

Also lavender and rosemary to eyelashes to help them grape long and thickish.

18. Pushpa S.Y on April 17, 2019 at 7:43 pm

Poor

19. nikos t on April 17, 2019 at 7:45 pm

can you eat these now essential oils please?

20. C R on April 17, 2019 at 7:45 pm

The best oils I’ve used to date have been from a company called Natural Life Essentials. I get them from Amazon.

21. xoxoxoxoxoxox on April 17, 2019 at 7:46 pm

I brought a candle last week and It has essential oil in it, its called lifestoneusa candle and it was really good. Before i was using a difuser but its kinda anoying so i swiched to candles.

22. robert olson on April 17, 2019 at 7:48 pm

Some people may love these oils, but for me essential oils STINK worse than anything on the planet. I will be so glad when this ridiculous fad is over and we can all get back to breathing fresh clean air.

23. Shari GetzFit on April 17, 2019 at 7:49 pm

Is there a difference between essential oils you BURN and oils you use on your BODY?? I have a set ro burn only. Are there oils for both?

24. lisaisaleo on April 17, 2019 at 7:50 pm

The NOW brand is not good for ingesting at all!!!! Be careful girl

25. Gypsy Moon on April 17, 2019 at 7:54 pm

Great information, shitty oils. Please use quality EO.

26. Elizabethl Langner on April 17, 2019 at 7:55 pm

To purchase http://www.doterra./ ElizabethLangner.com

27. woody woody on April 17, 2019 at 7:56 pm

Beautiful video useful tips with detailed very helpful …:)

28. Everyday Sparks on April 17, 2019 at 7:57 pm

I love my essential oils!! When in doubt, Frankincense!! 🙂

29. Andrea Singletary on April 17, 2019 at 7:57 pm

you don’t want to heat up essential oils we’re not sure but that could have a carcinogenic effect. I would do research into your essential oils before buying them and putting them in or on your body most essential oils are adulterated and I can guarantee you that these oils are not the best for you they have been bought off of a shelf in a health food store which a health food store does not have the means to supply wildcrafted non adulterated gcms tested essential oils. Do not use on children or pets unless your sure of the quality.

30. Enea K on April 17, 2019 at 7:58 pm

Serene natural essential oil blends are very good and can be found on eBay for a lower price than most other blends.

31. Alan walker on April 17, 2019 at 8:02 pm

Thank you, this video is amazing, and I usually buy beauty stuff on amazon, I like diffuser and essential oil, it makes the air be full of aroma, I used some essential oil brand on amazon, like young living, ISUDA, PureOil

32. Ivan Stankovic on April 17, 2019 at 8:02 pm

Never apply on skin!
    YL oils are so far the best, while I have few sets of these and are not bad for the price

33. Jennifer Kaiser on April 17, 2019 at 8:02 pm

Black pepper is amazing for pain. Geranium and lavender is great for bruises

34. Arne Delve on April 17, 2019 at 8:02 pm

I really enjoyed watching you mixing up the dandruff remedy – If you ever need to re-make this video could I ask a favour, could you do it it in a bikini?

35. damien black on April 17, 2019 at 8:03 pm

What a load of bullshit. Essential oils won’t do crap for you. People will believe anything

36. Rebecca T on April 17, 2019 at 8:03 pm

Be careful adding any essential oil to any fragranced moisturizers, the essential oils can react with any synthetic fragrances. Best putting essential oils in a fragrance free cream 🙂

37. T. Kuykendall on April 17, 2019 at 8:05 pm

I like how you featured different brands. Thnx.

38. Charis Gegelman on April 17, 2019 at 8:05 pm

Please don’t ingest undiluted + unpure oils! the NOW Foods Oils say 100% pure, but that’s only because they’re not regulated by the FDA…YIKES. Do your research – only use oils that have been thoroughly tested and regulated. Young Living is the only brand I fully trust. They have a line of Vitality oils that have been tested and approved by the FDA for internal use.

39. ciara reid on April 17, 2019 at 8:06 pm

never use water, it doesn’t even mix for essential oils always use a carrier oil.

40. Mayumi Ichikawa on April 17, 2019 at 8:06 pm

Jasmine, ylang ylang, bergamot

41. Curly Yasmin on April 17, 2019 at 8:11 pm

Everyone!! DILUTE THESE OILS BEFORE APPLYING TO SKIN OR CONSUMING!

42. Ella Broome on April 17, 2019 at 8:11 pm

If you put the oils on your scalp, doesn’t that mean that your hair would be SUPER oily?

43. Sophie McIntyre on April 17, 2019 at 8:17 pm

You need to be careful about what you’re saying because lots of oil brands are NOT safe to ingest. also some are photosensitive (shouldn’t be put on skin if going into sun) and some are a lot stronger than others. Even though essential oils are natural we still need to be aware of how each one behaves. otherwise nice video:)

44. Carlotta Montantes on April 17, 2019 at 8:17 pm