(Un)Well | Official Trailer | Netflix

This docuseries takes a deep dive into the lucrative wellness industry, which touts health and healing. But do these wellness trends live up to their promises?

About Netflix:
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 183 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.

(Un)Well | Official Trailer | Netflix

1. e l on February 18, 2021 at 9:31 pm

rich white people be appropriating traditional medicine without understanding the tradition and beliefs behind them and marketing them to gullible folks as alternative cures

2. J vdSpuy on February 18, 2021 at 9:34 pm

The issue of all these is the monetization of something that should not be monetized. And yes, killing bees for your own wellbeing is also not right. That is a duh. Find a better way is the response. That is the problem with human beings in general. Humans have been using nature as medicine for far longer than pharmaceutical companies have been around. FAAAAAAR LONGER. None of this is new or new age. We just rediscovered something that has been either lost or not talked about for 1000’s of years.

Meditation, cannabis, ayahuasca, yoga, fasting and anything "new" is very old. Welcome to life and nature. Catch up……

3. O w O on February 18, 2021 at 9:35 pm

Put natalia Taylor in here

4. Alvaro Egas on February 18, 2021 at 9:36 pm

Ayahuasca will save humanity!

5. Live Smart on February 18, 2021 at 9:37 pm

poor bees…

6. Corrie Mathiowetz on February 18, 2021 at 9:38 pm

Who funded this film? And does it also address western medicine as equally insane looking? Cause you know using radiation on the body is madness too, yet people were made guinea pigs to figure out what it can do. Yoga & TCM have been disregarded for its energy work & meridians but only in the last decade has western science realized they’re located in the fascia (previously seen as filler to be diregarded) and that it is very real implications. I have my doubts about how balanced this film is and it’s coming at a time when the world’s distrust is coming toward allopathic medicine -complaining about alternatives is not a winning strategy….I think this film at this time will divide people more than convince people of anything, polarizing us more. It is true most of these wellness trends have no complete and valid scientific studies behind, which is why they shouldn’t be judged so hastily as well, there’s no proof that some of them don’t work when applied properly- it reckless to use a western mindset to judge things without proof.

7. Hakan K on February 18, 2021 at 9:38 pm

Waste of time! The first 30min of documentary focusing on promoting a guy’s religious belief, and company. I could not watch more than 30min. I do not pay for my Netflix membership for this type of poorly made videos.

8. Eric. M on February 18, 2021 at 9:39 pm

For those that believe in the Pharma industrie and there agents (dokters) try reading the paper that come with the drugs that the give people. the side effects of those drugs are even wores than the shit you are trying to cure. dokters dont say they are going to heal you our cure you. they say they are going to give you a treatment that is not the same thing for those that dont understand Dubbel speaking

9. Monique Pascall on February 18, 2021 at 9:42 pm

Everybody over here is upset about the bees.. Do you guys know also how bees are being abused to create almond milk? Or how many bees are dying from all the poison used to grow mono crops?

10. Erin Elizabeth at Health Nut News on February 18, 2021 at 9:44 pm

I wish so badly that you would concentrate on big corporations instead of local indigenous shamans.

11. FortuneWookie on February 18, 2021 at 9:51 pm

didnt netflix also produce goop lab? lol

12. skye on February 18, 2021 at 9:52 pm

So basically essential oils have amazing benefits, but as with everything in life, if problems occur, discontinue use. I can’t believe the one woman stopped using them only after her whole body was covered in rash. The oils are incredibly strong and should be used in *moderation* , and surely some people will be allergic to some of them too.

13. Mike Conover on February 18, 2021 at 9:53 pm

So I haven’t seen the actual doc yet but it definitely seems like it casts a negative bias on the various modalities it explores. In my opinion the best journalism and documentaries take a neutral stance and seek to understand and convey, rather than present a colored portrayal (though obviously scandals and drama are what sells).

Having first hand experience with some of these, particularly ayahuasca, plant medicine, and some exploration into tantra, I personally have found an immense amount of value in each of them. There are obviously a near infinite number of approaches, experiences, and perspectives so it’d be easy to dig up the scandals, charlatans, snake oil salesmen, drama etc, and unfairly cast these healing modalities in a negative light, despite the fact that some of them may go back thousands of years and have far more longevity than western biomedicine, which itself is clearly fraught with issues.

Just because Westerners don’t or can’t fully understand them and may not be using them effectively or how they traditionally were used (let alone exploiting or appropriating them), certainly does not mean they are inherently without value. Just my 3 cents.

14. EmSilly on February 18, 2021 at 9:54 pm

This is a load of crap.

Big pharma bs.

15. Graça José on February 18, 2021 at 9:55 pm

I cant understand humans, some people think breast milk is weird and kind of nasty but are okay about cows milk wtf!

16. flyshacker on February 18, 2021 at 9:55 pm

Mainstream medicine is every bit as bad. Almost ZERO emphasis on nutrition.

17. L. M. M. on February 18, 2021 at 9:58 pm

Just watched episode one. Im shocked and disgusted by the disingenuous, privledged, snake-oil pushing, bs Dr. Omg and his jaded, exbeauty queen wife. What turds!!!

18. Trajikbpm on February 18, 2021 at 9:58 pm

America is THE disease.

19. Emily Allstot on February 18, 2021 at 9:58 pm

What do Daymond John and the Shark Tank investors think of this use of bees?

20. yanaise lao on February 18, 2021 at 9:59 pm

Nosotros pertenecemos a la naturaleza, no pertenecemos a hospitales, medicinas farmaceuticas, que mierda de documental es este? que verguenza dan!!!!

21. Kitty on February 18, 2021 at 9:59 pm

Nobody bats an eye that every single bee that is used, will die. On the other side people scream about bee populations die due to environment issues. Where is the ethics in using bee venom for beauty (and even health), which isn’t proven anyway. And that fat woman in the blue dress in the beginning putting ‘300 dollars’ in het mouth: how many bees had to die for that. Stupid, really. And than the girl with the multi colored nails. Why in science name would she fall for the homeopathy-scam. Her mom complaining about the price of the bottles. It is a scam: very expensive water which doesn’t do anything, but filling the pockets of others with money.

22. Amara Helen Art on February 18, 2021 at 9:59 pm

very ugly and nasty hypocrites to sell bulshit to people like this . shame on you ,to abuse the ignorance of others this way . so ,so violent all those techniques….keeling bees , ingesting an essential oil ???!!!!!(it looses all the properties almost) .yoga …for what ? i mean yoga is a DEEP UNION …not a sport. in 2020 this is just advertising , hoarding money ,killing other in order to have …wellness. milk …for an adult male ….to make muscular mass??? just be ashamed …..!!!!! … this is such hypocrisy . wellbeing comes thru never ,never hurting another living thing, is the only way to open the entire body towards full life, wellness .

23. Chanel Payne on February 18, 2021 at 10:03 pm

Swear to god the father with his wife and two kids in the first episode, his kids deadass didnt even wanna be there LMAOO

24. Justin McClure on February 18, 2021 at 10:05 pm

This is highly irresponsible of Netflix

25. skye on February 18, 2021 at 10:06 pm

The family with the autistic child and a cat needs to know that essential oils are toxic to cats.

26. Austin Bisnar on February 18, 2021 at 10:11 pm

I came here to say Julie Marshalls non autistic daughter looks like Will from Stanger Things

27. Fernando Blake on February 18, 2021 at 10:13 pm

Well I’m from Mexico I was diagnosed with depression over 3 years ago, I did Anahuasca 1 Month ago and i feel like I’m aware of myself and how I wasn’t loving me at all it broke me down to little pieces I could understand yes I was afraid of the cult perception of the whole thing now I’m basically feeling so much better I had inner things I didn’t knew about myself and I felt for the first time in years that I was not alone, that I needed to be more in touch with who I am and who I was. Truly life changing.

28. jeremy339 on February 18, 2021 at 10:14 pm

Sacred Ayahuasca treatment developed by indigenous people, manipulated by white man for profit and in the name of religion. A lower low does not exists! Did "Jesus" charge for "healing the sick?" Total bull sheet.

29. Alain 87 on February 18, 2021 at 10:15 pm

People who are seriously ill try anything and pay a lot for it.

30. RealizeTheRealLife on February 18, 2021 at 10:15 pm

Natalia Taylor brought me here 🙂

31. dave smith on February 18, 2021 at 10:17 pm

have you seen you can get doterra on wish for a couple of bucks , love it

32. Goldena Medina on February 18, 2021 at 10:17 pm

Trillion dollar industry. And what about the fast food industry?
    Drug industry?
    etc.

33. gunnarmuhlmann on February 18, 2021 at 10:18 pm

Without being a blind fan of Ayahuasca torurism I can state that (Un)wells episode about ayahuasca is based on extremly poor and selective research. There are litterally hundreds, if not thousands of different entheogene traditions spread all over South America. In some traditions only the shaman drinks the brew. In other traditions only the patient drinks it. Ayahuasca was even used for warfare. Cultures cannot meet without changing and seeing that as a downfall from an ideal old golden age is outright stupid. Hence some of the first non traditional cross overs like Santo Daime are nearly 100 years old. If you have just a minimum of world historical knowledge the first thing that becomes apparant is that cration of Culture is always most exiting right in the middle of the Bitches brew. So was blues created. So was Mozart made.

34. Taylor Johnson - Sexual Mastery Coach for Men on February 18, 2021 at 10:19 pm

Well damn this looks good… I wonder what they’re going to say about tantra. 😀

35. Lynnette Oliver on February 18, 2021 at 10:20 pm

I literally feel like Sarah’s mom in episode 1 should get a "mom of the century award".

36. Данче Атанасова on February 18, 2021 at 10:21 pm

Who is here from Natalia Taylor’s young living videos ? Just me ok

37. Pedro Amaral on February 18, 2021 at 10:24 pm

Soul Quest charges 600 dollars for ayahuasca weekend.. Damn, here in Brazil a 30min drive and I get it for 5 dollars for 1 ritual on a Shamanic trusted space. I’m grateful to that!

38. Susan Nilon on February 18, 2021 at 10:26 pm

Glad I canceled Netflix!

39. Emily Allstot on February 18, 2021 at 10:26 pm

I do not like that little brown glass bottle because Oregon 109 just passed and that’s the kind of bottle they would put LSD or psylocibin-derived hallucinogenics in that they manufactured. There really was blue meth going around after Breaking Bad, you are so irresponsible.

40. Jess Play on February 18, 2021 at 10:26 pm

Wow, why aren’t we reporting on the CORRUPT PHARMACEUTICAL Multi BILLION DOLLAR INJURY I mean INDUSTRY?!! Interesting this has been putting out at time people are being completely poisoned by the fear of a false pandemic, and the only answer apparently will be multi billion dollar saviour of a Vaccine !!!

41. Scott Bowles on February 18, 2021 at 10:27 pm

What the Drs wife on the 1st episode when she’s getting makeup put on, that bitch is HIGH AS HELL, it’s in her eyes, pain meds or H….