Vaping Essential Oils – Is There a Danger?

The Doctors discuss the trend of people inhaling and vaping essential oils. Are there any health concerns regarding this trend?

Subscribe to The Doctors: http://bit.ly/SubscribeTheDrs
LIKE us on Facebook: http://bit.ly/FacebookTheDoctors
Follow us on Twitter: http://bit.ly/TheDrsTwitter
Follow us on Pinterest: http://bit.ly/PinterestTheDrs

About The Doctors:

The Doctors is an Emmy award-winning daytime talk show hosted by ER physician Dr. Travis Stork, plastic surgeon Dr. Andrew Ordon, OB-GYN Dr. Jennifer Ashton, urologist Dr. Jennifer Berman and family medicine physician and sexologist Dr. Rachael Ross.

The Doctors helps you understand the latest health headlines, such as the ice bucket challenge for ALS and the Ebola outbreak; delivers exclusive interviews with celebrities dealing with health issues, such as Teen Mom star Farrah Abraham, reality stars Honey Boo Boo and Mama June and activist Chaz Bono; brings you debates about health and safety claims from agricultural company Monsanto and celebrities such as Jenny McCarthy; and shows you the latest gross viral videos and explains how you can avoid an emergency situation. The Doctors also features the News in 2:00 digest of the latest celebrity health news and The Doctors’ Prescription for simple steps to get active, combat stress, eat better and live healthier.

Now in its eighth season, The Doctors celebrity guests have included Academy Award Winners Sally Field, Barbra Streisand, Jane Fonda, Marcia Gay Harden, Kathy Bates and Marisa Tomei; reality stars from Teen Mom and The Real Housewives, as well as Kris Jenner, Caitlyn Jenner, Melissa Rivers, Sharon Osbourne, Tim Gunn and Amber Rose; actors Jessica Alba, Christina Applegate, Julie Bowen, Patricia Heaton, Chevy Chase, Kristin Davis, Lou Ferrigno, Harrison Ford, Grace Gealey, Cedric the Entertainer, Valerie Harper, Debra Messing, Chris O’Donnell, Betty White, Linda Gray, Fran Drescher, Emmy Rossum, Roseanne Barr, Valerie Bertinelli, Suzanne Somers; athletes Magic Johnson, Apolo Ohno and Danica Patrick; musicians Tim McGraw, Justin Bieber, Clint Black, LL Cool J, Nick Carter, Kristin Chenoweth, Paula Abdul, Gloria Gaynor, La Toya Jackson, Barry Manilow, Bret Michaels, Gene Simmons and Jordin Sparks; and celebrity chefs Wolfgang Puck, Guy Fieri and Curtis Stone.

1. Ben Ciliberto on May 29, 2021 at 3:42 am

the ignorance is astonishing.

2. Stew B on May 29, 2021 at 3:42 am

Is an OBGYN doctor trying to talk to us about lungs and upper respiratory problems

3. stellee 101 on May 29, 2021 at 3:43 am

honestly yall arent real doctors with no prove of research

4. Bailey McCurdy on May 29, 2021 at 3:43 am

No 13 year old thinks “‘i wanna be sexy so let me vape oils” like wtf

5. aaronripper28 on May 29, 2021 at 3:43 am

Talk so much shit

6. Samuel Moore on May 29, 2021 at 3:45 am

Breathing is a gateway to cigarettes because you inhale it

7. Evangel - ACLR on May 29, 2021 at 3:46 am

My concern is getting addicted to them and they depend on this stuff to feel what they want to feel like happiness peace stuff like that and they become to dependent on this stuff.

8. Big Dad35 on May 29, 2021 at 3:46 am

People want to inhale anything but air

9. Zack Rippy on May 29, 2021 at 3:51 am

You know when you already have an addiction this might be an alternative to help get off nicotine and smoking and eventually stop the habit!

10. Alexander Martinez on May 29, 2021 at 3:52 am

And then I’m over here sniffing the oil straight out of the bottle

11. O.T Genasis [AMV] on May 29, 2021 at 3:52 am

Conclusion: they are safe and just essential oils

12. Edy Nandez on May 29, 2021 at 3:53 am

I guess it’s the first time ever Im reporting a video on youtube lol
    disgusting clickbait title

13. Tatum Ocain on May 29, 2021 at 3:54 am

I wanted to get these to quit vaping

14. Iyanna Shelton on May 29, 2021 at 3:55 am

But does it WORK? I’ve been having trouble sleeping for the past 4 months and it’s taking a toll on me.

15. Alolext on May 29, 2021 at 3:55 am

Damn they just looking at the picture you take 2 small puffs a day a day and you don’t inhale you make it stay in your mouth. And you exhale from your nose

16. April Fike on May 29, 2021 at 3:55 am

Dude you don’t even put it in your lungs. You leave it in your mouth and exhale through your nose. Research stuff before you comment on it.

17. Broken ブみ鬱System 依スヌ on May 29, 2021 at 3:55 am

I have one but you don’t inhale it you keep it in your cheaks and then blow it out, I use it for my anxiety.

18. Thelegend 319 on May 29, 2021 at 3:55 am

This answered 0 questions

19. spicyweiners on May 29, 2021 at 3:57 am

You’re not even inhaling it into your lungs. This is basically just a diffuser but like. I feel sexy.

20. Christian D on May 29, 2021 at 3:58 am

Blonde haired girl was the only sensible person there

21. Koriander Yander on May 29, 2021 at 3:59 am

Anyways, so where can I buy one???

22. Emily Croes on May 29, 2021 at 4:00 am

these are DOCTORS?? there should be no confusion as to WHY these exist and are becoming more popular. These are an excellent resource to help people quit nicotine (everyone’s different but I know nicotine-less vapes have helped lots of people quit including myself). and these are in no way shape or form a gateway to cigarette usage. The “gateway” to nicotine addiction is nicotine. A week of smoking cigs or hitting your friend’s juul and all of a sudden you want your own pack or vape device, even if you don’t. And then when you want to quit it’s very difficult to. Extremely disappointing for you to present this video solely based on bias and not supported by any facts whatsoever. I was hoping this video would actually be useful and provide me with scientific insight about the benefits/detriments of these vapes. Do your research and try again lol.

23. Greg on May 29, 2021 at 4:03 am

Y’all gonna hate me but I agree. I don’t think it’s necessarily a gateway to cigarettes I mean maybe NIC but def not cigs. I mean when I first looked at it I was like well that just looks like a vape

24. Bubba Kendall on May 29, 2021 at 4:03 am

YOU DO NOT INHALE IT INTO YOUR LUNGS. YOU JUST SUCK LIKE ITS A STRAW LET IT SIT IN YOUR MOUTH AND BREATH OUT YOUR NOSE. they legit degrade everything they are not bad for you. get it right people

25. Ribeiro Asmr on May 29, 2021 at 4:05 am

Ahh shut up you don’t make no sense

26. Small Cilantro on May 29, 2021 at 4:05 am

You don’t put it in your lungs….

27. FR3 _flowz on May 29, 2021 at 4:06 am

YOU DONT INHALE IT INTO YOUR LUNGS

28. The American Jew on May 29, 2021 at 4:06 am

Ok but I’m still buying one lmao

29. Mickey Ramos on May 29, 2021 at 4:08 am

Did they say something? Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

30. Okey!!!!! Im here lol on May 29, 2021 at 4:15 am

90 ℅ comments from women and 10℅ from men

31. Eren on May 29, 2021 at 4:15 am

They did not do any research on it, taste is a big thing to it to. They are subpost to help not hurt, but they are making them sound like there gonna hurt you, non vacs kids CAN use something like this. I am just saying please reaserch before you give something a bad rep.

32. Samia Jafrin on May 29, 2021 at 4:15 am

What will happen if i vape without nicotine…..????and Don’t inhale into my lungs……just keep the vapour in my mouth then free it…..still It’ll be dangerous???
    What is the safest way to vape just to create smoke without any danger??

33. Layla Hutton on May 29, 2021 at 4:16 am

I didn’t come for opinions for one, and how can it be bad you don’t breath it in your lungs

34. superslowed_ on May 29, 2021 at 4:18 am

Your not supposed to breath it in your lungs, you breath it in your mouth and make i come out your nose

35. Tyler Strapped with a Kindle on May 29, 2021 at 4:19 am

Didn’t say it was not healthy, the doctors only said it was a gateway. Gateway to relaxation. I’m going continue chem blasting my brain with happiness.

36. Alyssa Slater on May 29, 2021 at 4:22 am

You inhale it either way

37. Flexte Fitness on May 29, 2021 at 4:22 am

Yes you have an oil diffuser in your home. The point of this is portability. Secondly you don’t inhale it. Do your research before making a video.

38. Slurp on May 29, 2021 at 4:24 am

I’m buying this because I don’t want to vape nicotine anymore lol….

39. Tara B on May 29, 2021 at 4:30 am

Tip for poor people:
    Take a bic pen, take out the ink and pop out the end cap so you have a hole at each side.
    Cut a small piece of a thin fabric( i use disposable face masks)
    Soak that in essential oil
    Roll up that little fabric piece and stuff it down pen a bit
    Suck in but dont BREATHE in through your mouth and exhale through your nose.
    Ask a doctor first, I am not held liable for any adverse reaction.
    Just a woman trying to give up a 10 yr vape habit.
    PS its really nice to just sniff the pen too
    Pro tip: sniff your bottle as you suck through pen, this really helps
    Pro tip 2: the bottom cap of pen can be popped out with a chopstick or kabob stick but if you still have trouble, crack that end of pen with pliars

40. Sanne Lykke on May 29, 2021 at 4:31 am

Is that pen an anxiety pen????? Do any of you guys know that???

41. Kevin Smith on May 29, 2021 at 4:33 am

Vegetable glycerine is the crap that makes margarine worse for you than butter and canola oil a lot worse than olive oil after it’s heated and that’s without even inhaling it i.e. ingesting it. While inhaling it makes it more potent. If it’s only a puff or 2 every couple of hrs it’s not that bad but we all know a lot of people will do it a lot than that. As for. vaping, most are now owned by Bg Tobacco and made in China with less health regulation consisting of several cancer causing chemicals and because people think it isn’t harmful they vale a lot more than smoke.

42. Ava Coffee on May 29, 2021 at 4:34 am

They r for anxiety not for what ever he said

43. Crisp Child on May 29, 2021 at 4:36 am

OKAY. FIRST OFF. 1:34 they are not making these to be “happy” this ain’t marijuana, it also does say it’s drug free, it’s for people that have stress/anxiety and to help you sleep. SECOND OF ALL. 3:13 why are you sexualizing 12-13 year olds. That’s gross please grow up, it’s sad that you think 12-13 year olds are trying to look “sexy” by trying to sleep or calm their selfs down. That’s disgusting.

44. Harshad Patel on May 29, 2021 at 4:36 am

Eucalyptus oil inhaling is excellent it relieves sinus and detoxifies lungs and also calms the nerves

45. Karla Bradley K on May 29, 2021 at 4:37 am

Idiots!

46. Samuel Moore on May 29, 2021 at 4:40 am

A Cloudy pen is used to help people relax and sleep. And no you can’t say there is no proof because there is, they have melatonin in them, which instantly enters the bloodstream and relaxes you. No one uses these things to be “cool”. Please tell me something worth listening to next time

47. Jaiden Purvis on May 29, 2021 at 4:41 am

These people obviously aren’t even educated in the topic because is they were they would know they advise you not to inhale and only to hold it in your mouth and then release it out of your nose.

48. Blake Park on May 29, 2021 at 4:42 am

I wasn’t trying to learn how kids can be possibly influenced to smoke cigarettes or vapes containing nicotine, I wanted to learn what the title of this video claims to share.