Why I Quit doterra – Leaving the DO and keeping the TERRA

Hello, Please read when you have a moment!
A Follow Up | http://oakfordwellness.com/2019/04/12/doterra-a-follow-up-mlm/ THE REAL Reason.

Thanks everyone, and welcome back to my channel. doTERRA has been a great outlet for me while I was in a career that was pretty ‘toxic.’ I guess you can say MLM companies help with the dreaming process. Although, after awhile of being apart of the ‘business’ side of things it just didn’t go with what I was aiming for. doTERRA is an excellent option, but it’s not the ONLY option. Many advocates including myself wouldn’t recommend other products because they were not doTERRA, well I was obviously full of sh!t and I don’t believe those accusations anymore. I will continue using doTERRA as a ‘option.’ AND although I do recommend it’s products, there are other amazing things on the market that I would also try out 🙂

doterra sourcing/testing – https://sourcetoyou.com/en (love this)
doterra Co-Impact – https://www.doterra.com/US/en/difference-co-impact-sourcing
doterra TESTING – https://www.doterra.com/US/en/cptg-testing-process

#MLM #doTERRA #EssentialOils

1. Mystic Gypsy on October 19, 2020 at 6:41 am

❤️❤️❤️

2. HOLLY Dolly on October 19, 2020 at 6:41 am

Great video

3. Gerhard Symons on October 19, 2020 at 6:41 am

I’ve noticed that the people who involved in these kind of businesses are females with no business education.

4. Kayla C on October 19, 2020 at 6:42 am

I also left doterra for many of the reasons you specified. I started feeling inauthentic trying to sell people so many products that they really didn’t need and to keep a thriving business, you need to keep selling products! When I left doterra, I gave away half my oil collection and just kept the basic oils I knew I would still use in my medicine cabinet. I wish you well on your new journey with whatever you do in your life! xx

5. marion gray on October 19, 2020 at 6:43 am

Thanks for your honesty.

6. 詹苡欣 on October 19, 2020 at 6:44 am

Well said! You inspired me!

7. crazzy guy 077 on October 19, 2020 at 6:45 am

Do terra and what they do is not a buisness it is a cult

8. rushedrobert on October 19, 2020 at 6:48 am

You go girl!!!

9. Amy Phillips on October 19, 2020 at 6:48 am

Great video! I’m a YL independant distributor but I agree with you. I’ve recently decided to minimize my collection. Making a list of my 10-20 must haves and will not replenish my existing extensive oil collection. I loved trying them all and love the oils but now realize I really don’t need to stock almost 200 EOs. Keep the tried and true basics and a few loved blends but thats all. Thanks for being so down to earth.

10. Dani Hebner on October 19, 2020 at 6:52 am

There are so many people in the business who only focus on the sales and do not get down and dirty with both the positive and negative sides. MLMs require a lot to be successful. You have to believe the positives outweigh the negatives; all things have both sides! Denying this fact is simply lying to yourself and everyone else. Unfortunately many WA only how the bright side. Thank you for the honesty and shining a truth light on the business side – IT IS NOT EASY! I do agree it is a shame about the WA requirements, but for me, it is worth it. I get my oils paid for by doing the business but I am not someone who has quit their day job to be an advocate and I absolute NEVER pressure people to going. I personally LOVE the products as well, have seen incredible benefits and am committed to sharing them with those who WANT to learn about them. My belief is these oils can help empower people, but if you have 10- you’re good!! No one needs 100 oils but sometimes the scent or chemical makeup doesn’t jive with the reason for use so if you’re doing the business it’s always a good idea to have options. I do my absolute best to show both sides of the coin despite what my up-line tells me. I really appreciate your video! P.S. If you need a wellness advocate to buy from, I’d love sell you oils! 😉 <3 my.doterra.com/danihebner XO #shamelessplug

11. priscilla walsh on October 19, 2020 at 6:54 am

yasssss boo I feel the same!

12. Lesley Cochran-Hulcoop on October 19, 2020 at 6:55 am

Hi! I have been with doTerra in Canada for 8 years and totally get some of the points you are making. MLM is not for everyone and we never push this on anyone who is not interested. 95% of the people we work with have no interest in selling and that is perfectly fine. I personally don’t have a stock pile after 8 years and don’t have a lot of the oils. I also try to keep an eye on how people are doing and approach them if the monthly program doesn’t seem to be working for them and remove it. For the people I work with with major health concerns there is no issue with ordering and stock piling oils as they are using the supplements and they often make a difference for them in their health and well being. I agree it is great to take responsibility for your health and to make healthy lifestyle choices and doTerra can be a big part of this. Making the DIY products with the oils can save a lot of money in the household budget. It is all about choices. I agree that some of the upper level people in doTerra have had high level jobs but there are also others who have worked hard and created a successful income for themselves like myself. I think doTerra is like anything – you will run into people who are just in it for the money and those who truly care about helping others. Do we sell essential oils – yes we do but the money does not come before listening to the individual and coming up with a plan that works for them. doTerra is an MLM company who is making a difference in the world and putting some of the money they make to good use in the world to help others that are less fortunate. You have some great points about MLM’s and it is great you are going to continue to buy doTerra and refer people who are interested to those of us who are ok with doTerra and the fact that it is an MLM. To be honest it is the most fair compensation program I have seen in 20 years. This is one of the fastest forms of employment in the U.S. and many people are making a good income from MLM’s. Do the people at the top make money from those working below them yes they do. But it is also possible to make money if you are willing to work hard just like any small business. Are there cult like MLM companies out there – definitely yes. doTerra has no cult feeling whatsoever and is a very viable way to supplement or replace your income. I am one of the hard working people that was able to go off of a pension and create an income for myself and my family with doTerra. It would be great if more companies would follow their example of giving back and making a difference in the world. doTerra is truly one of a kind! Even if making an income this way is not for you it is great that you appreciate doTerra and the products they are creating! All the best in creating your own product/service – I am sure you will be very successful in whatever you do!

13. HOLLY Dolly on October 19, 2020 at 7:02 am

Being passionate is all we need to do DoTERRA 🙂

14. Hanna Haynes on October 19, 2020 at 7:02 am

You are very entertaining

15. Dr. Priya Advani on October 19, 2020 at 7:03 am

I’m a doctor and a wellness advocate. First of all, you’re adorable and your passion is amazing! The business is not for everyone. It’s not a get rich quick and definitely requires time, effort, resilience. 90% of my organization are my customers and I love supporting and educating them! The products are phenomenal! These are the best, science based oils. I do, however, recommend different oils for different patients as different things work for different people. I’m so happy to have the option of hundreds of different oils to recommend. Also, I find that patients need different oils at different times and changing them out also helps to get effective results. I’m glad to hear that you love them and still use them for your own health and wellness.

16. C Reinicke on October 19, 2020 at 7:04 am

Totally agree that if someone doesn’t want to do something 100 percent that someone else wants you to do.. that it’s best to just leave or move on… Not in anger.. but in love.. choosing what’s best for ourselves. Even in small things. lolol.. I just had a personal choice in my life.. it was stressing to leave or put space between a group that were all in agreement about something that I didn’t want.. so for mental health it’s important to make choices best for you.. it sounds like that’s what your saying.. you still love them.. but it’s you making value choices for yourself.

17. Savah Bejin on October 19, 2020 at 7:10 am

I love the name of the video! I love DoTerra also but didn’t want to be in the business of recruiting others. I’ve even been to Salt Lake City to a convention. The Breathe helped me and what sold me about using DoTerra. But, again, I just didn’t want to recruit people to use it. But, I do tell others about it when asked but I don’t sell it.

18. JONI E on October 19, 2020 at 7:10 am

I came across your video while looking up the petal diffuser. I was sold on do Terra when I was at a function for breast cancer. The lady who presented the products to me rubbed peppermint oil into my skin because I had a headache. Before I left the building my headache was gone. Not only was it gone but I also felt energized and awake. That’s when I was sold on these products. No medication has the same effect that that peppermint oil had so now I’m buying my first kit to try out different oils. It only took one oil to convince me.

19. Daancer57 on October 19, 2020 at 7:11 am

So happy to find this video! I was doubting DoTerra after a lot of bad comments about them…. people saying they are giving you false information about oils. Glad to hear someone else still uses them without being in the scheme and just trying to convince others to use them…

20. kkelleybass on October 19, 2020 at 7:12 am

The FTC outlined three examples the company was a pyramid scheme

1.The income you earned is based primarily on the recruitment of new salespeople to the company. The income you make on products is minimal.

2. You are required to buy a lot of inventory

3. You are forced to buy products you don’t want or need to stay in good standing with the company

21. Tiffany Pickle on October 19, 2020 at 7:13 am

You’re so well spoken my friend!

22. N/A N/A on October 19, 2020 at 7:15 am

I simply want DoTerra oils to put into my diffuser. I want my house to smell good. There’s Febreze but after a while the scent disappears.
    With my diffuser, the scent could last a bit longer won’t it? Is it worth buying a few bottles to use once in a while? If yes, then which oils would you recommend?

23. Blue Pen on October 19, 2020 at 7:16 am

There is no sound on my end 🙁

24. Franziska Maria Leibe on October 19, 2020 at 7:16 am

What are the advantages of eucalyptos, Lemon and Oregano?

25. vetta ghosoph on October 19, 2020 at 7:19 am

i love your honesty here. and by the way, your skin looks fantastic! what foundation (if any) do you use!

26. Marrisa Duke on October 19, 2020 at 7:20 am

I love this. I use doterra and consider myself an advocate. But I never order the minimum amount for compensation. It’s just so unnecessary. I have 30 oils that I use and some cleaning stuff plus their shampoo and bar soaps. But I don’t need a 100$ bottle of oil that will do the same thing as the 20$.

27. Jack Boorsma on October 19, 2020 at 7:20 am

I was once part of dōTERRA. I had to leave because of the cost. I now buy my essential oils from plant therapy, a very reputable and trusting brand. They have awesome customer service with certified aromatherapists on staff. The oils are literally surprisingly just as good as dōTERRA and I was quite shocked that some of their blends are better. This is 100% my opinion, and I still love my essential oils. You go sis 😉

28. dave smith on October 19, 2020 at 7:21 am
  29. Janet Wainwright Reed on October 19, 2020 at 7:26 am

Just enjoying my oils, but for me the variety is the best thing ever. I love them and tried to just order things I wanted to incorporate. I got Siberian Fir this week. Wow, I felt tingles just cracking it open. It makes me feel so great and smelling the oil is now a fix for me when I’m in a jam and need a lift. LLV along with Terrazyme and PB assist has given me the best improvement in health I could ever imagine. My husband who is a hard case to crack is doing so much better than 4 months ago. Not worried about selling just sharing and seeing if I can lift others as well.

30. SleepDa Mouse on October 19, 2020 at 7:26 am

Eww, that voice.

31. Jess on October 19, 2020 at 7:26 am

The reason ingesting essential oils is strongly discouraged isn’t because they may be impure or not of the best quality. The reason is because they can actually cause quite serious side effects. I strongly urge you to include this disclaimer in future videos to prevent potential injuries in the future. Living well is a great goal, but it’s important to understand what is and is not good for you.

32. HOLLY Dolly on October 19, 2020 at 7:27 am

I’m a DoTERRA wellness advocate. There’s no harm is leaving cuz if you love the products then you just share your love and if people sign up cool & if not then cool.

33. Yassine Mens on October 19, 2020 at 7:30 am

Its a goddamn mlm..

34. Archanfel80 on October 19, 2020 at 7:32 am

If you want the same pure oils like doterra oils without the mlm bullshit and the huge overprice this is the solution: edensgarden.com

35. Celia Cavalli on October 19, 2020 at 7:33 am

I loveeeeee DoTERRA! It saved my life through non toxic solutions.
    By the way I love your hair!

Omg I hate pushy uplines!!!

36. WithMetta on October 19, 2020 at 7:34 am

You are such a thoughtful, lovely, GENEROUS person. If one has to convince other people to sell the product one is flogging in order to make a living, it’s a scam. If selling the product is not enough, it’s a scam. If you have to bring others into it, it’s a scam.

37. Lesley Cochran-Hulcoop on October 19, 2020 at 7:35 am

H

38. Ange Peters - HOL : FIT on October 19, 2020 at 7:36 am

Love this! I’ve never once done a business opportunity class/webinar for this reason! It’s so important it feels aligned for a customer when they make the decision to do the biz. Thanks for sharing your experience and yes – oregano for life 😉

39. Celia Cavalli on October 19, 2020 at 7:37 am